The GOAL

zecryphon_nomdiv

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No, Not important to me personally at all. It's important to God and to Jesus. That is why the Apostles wrote so many letters exhorting the saints to press in and not shrink back unto destruction.
Yes, you are correct, we have two natures at this point. But as John said, "I must decrease that He may increase." We have to put the deeds of our old nature to death, or we will choke out the Life in us that Christ came to bring.
I'm only stating Bible in the things I share. And I am up against much tradition that has crept in over the centuries. May we "return to the ancient paths."
Peace & Blessings as you walk with Jesus.
You're not part of a church, you don't respect the "opinions of men," and you have no training. In what way are you qualified to teach anyone, anything about the Bible?

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
You're not part of a church, you don't respect the "opinions of men," and you have no training. In what way are you qualified to teach anyone, anything about the Bible?

Oh son, I have the same Teacher as did the Twelve. Not one among them had a Bible School degree. ;)

And I've been a part of the Foursquare denomination for 20 years, serving as an Elder, Council Member, Bible Teacher, Prayer Leader, and occasional Preacher when God opens that door.
But always, I speak as lead by the Spirit of Jesus who leads me in all things to share with the Body of Christ. :)

Who is your teacher?

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Do you feel you need to make yourself worthy before God before he'll consider keeping you around for eternal life????? What about Jesus? Why is your theology so rejecting of the man who died for you?

Oh sister, I do not reject the MAN who died to give us the opportunity to attain Eternal Life!
Again, we must have Scripture to back up anything we believe. If you can honestly ignore or deny the dozens of passages of Scripture I preach from in the video about the necessity of being found "worthy" and "overcoming" if we are to inherit the promises of God, then I'm really not sure what else to say. I do know that God has not called all to enter into this "priesthood' who will rule over and minister Life to the saved of the nations. And I do not even count myself among these... BUT I see it, and I strive to press in (as did Paul) to this calling and election. God knows whom He has ordained to this place in Christ. All I know is that it IS Bible, and once seen, it cannot be unseen. What I've been sharing and teaching I find in EVERY book of the Bible. And this doctrine includes all the evangelical verses thrown at me to try to refute what the Lord has given me to share to exhort the Body of Christ to press into their calling.
This is so far beyond "being saved" that it is often hard to dialog with others. In fact, this led me to write a piece last year entitled - Where Do I Belong? - https://pressingintomaturity.blogspot.com/2019/01/where-do-i-belong.html

Peace & Blessings to you as you walk with Jesus,
Michael

http://to-him-who-overcomes.com/files/documents/90a26f04-7074-481a-838c-29a25ddbd8f8.pdf

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Foursquare...so I was right when I said cult.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Oh son, I have the same Teacher as did the Twelve. Not one among them had a Bible School degree. ;)

And I've been a part of the Foursquare denomination for 20 years, serving as an Elder, Council Member, Bible Teacher, Prayer Leader, and occasional Preacher when God opens that door.
But always, I speak as lead by the Spirit of Jesus who leads me in all things to share with the Body of Christ. :)

Who is your teacher?

Not one of the 12 had a degree but they spent 3 of the best years of their life learning first hand from Jesus. None of us can claim even close to that. But the training that Zec means is going to school to learn the original languages to read the bible without having to read a translation. He's wanting to know if you have those credentials?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Oh sister, I do not reject the MAN who died to give us the opportunity to attain Eternal Life!
Again, we must have Scripture to back up anything we believe. If you can honestly ignore or deny the dozens of passages of Scripture I preach from in the video about the necessity of being found "worthy" and "overcoming" if we are to inherit the promises of God, then I'm really not sure what else to say. I do know that God has not called all to enter into this "priesthood' who will rule over and minister Life to the saved of the nations. And I do not even count myself among these... BUT I see it, and I strive to press in (as did Paul) to this calling and election. God knows whom He has ordained to this place in Christ. All I know is that it IS Bible, and once seen, it cannot be unseen. What I've been sharing and teaching I find in EVERY book of the Bible. And this doctrine includes all the evangelical verses thrown at me to try to refute what the Lord has given me to share to exhort the Body of Christ to press into their calling.
This is so far beyond "being saved" that it is often hard to dialog with others. In fact, this led me to write a piece last year entitled - Where Do I Belong? - https://pressingintomaturity.blogspot.com/2019/01/where-do-i-belong.html

Peace & Blessings to you as you walk with Jesus,
Michael

http://to-him-who-overcomes.com/files/documents/90a26f04-7074-481a-838c-29a25ddbd8f8.pdf

Your worth is NOT based on you or what you do. Your worth is based on the man who died for you and you are clothed in His righteousness if you have been baptized. Galatians 3:27. Being clothed in Christ's righteousness means that when God sees you, He sees His Son with whom He is well pleased. The blood of Christ is worthy...we never will be. That's why we didn't have to die for our salvation.

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Your worth is NOT based on you or what you do. Your worth is based on the man who died for you and you are clothed in His righteousness if you have been baptized. Galatians 3:27. Being clothed in Christ's righteousness means that when God sees you, He sees His Son with whom He is well pleased. The blood of Christ is worthy...we never will be. That's why we didn't have to die for our salvation.

I noticed that Michael puts man in all caps. Am wondering the meaning of this. Does he mean a mere man or is he meaning the Son of God here.

Bluezone777

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I'd say the goal of our walk with Christ is to live a life that brings glory to His name as it was with Jesus during his time on Earth so it should be for us as well.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I noticed that Michael puts man in all caps. Am wondering the meaning of this. Does he mean a mere man or is he meaning the Son of God here.

Ha! You can ask me directly, don't be shy. I've zero to hide or shrink back from in my teaching.

I used all CAPS as I responded to one who used a small "m" for Jesus the MAN. Remember, Jesus almost exclusively referred to Himself as the "Son of Man."

And Yes, Jesus is a MAN, as well as the SON of GOD. He is fully divine and fully human, the "firstborn" of others who are being made in His exact image.
There was no man Jesus before the baby in Bethlehem. There was the Word of God that was "made flesh", born of Mary, obedient to death on a cross, and raised to Life by God who made Jesus "both Lord and Christ" (Acts 2:36), and declared to Him, "You are My Son, Today I have begotten You." (Psalm 2:7)

And there is an Elect called to be in that exact image and likeness of Messiah Jesus, who will "appear with Him as He is" in that Day if they have "purified themselves", now fully human and fully divine. For THAT is the GOAL.
Many will cry blasphemy perhaps at this Truth, and many have both back then and now, but it IS Bible.

God's wisdom and understanding to us all.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Oh bless you sister, but when we set aside our traditions and look solely at what the Scripture declares, we find that - church-goer or not - we all will be judged and rewarded according to what we DO in this life.
He judges and rewards all men according to our works. (see Psalm 62:12, Prov 24:12, Jer 17:10, Jer 32:19, Eze 33:20, Lam 3:64, Matt 16:27, John 5:29, Rom 2:6, Rom 14:12, 2 Cor 5:10, 1Pet 1:17, Rev 20:12, and Rev 22:12 for starters)
And we do have to carry our own cross and die with Him in baptism if we are to be raised to Life. Paul teaches this in Romans 6 very well.

Peace & Blessings. I truly am not here to argue, only to stir up the saints to press into the fullness of God and realize, as did Paul, that we are not there yet. As the Apostle often wrote... may we "walk worthy" of our calling, of the Gospel, of the Kingdom, of Christ and of God. Then we will be counted among those who "overcome" and are eligible to receive the promises of Revelation 2 & 3.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Oh bless you sister, but when we set aside our traditions and look solely at what the Scripture declares, we find that - church-goer or not - we all will be judged and rewarded according to what we DO in this life.
He judges and rewards all men according to our works. (see Psalm 62:12, Prov 24:12, Jer 17:10, Jer 32:19, Eze 33:20, Lam 3:64, Matt 16:27, John 5:29, Rom 2:6, Rom 14:12, 2 Cor 5:10, 1Pet 1:17, Rev 20:12, and Rev 22:12 for starters)
And we do have to carry our own cross and die with Him in baptism if we are to be raised to Life. Paul teaches this in Romans 6 very well.

Peace & Blessings. I truly am not here to argue, only to stir up the saints to press into the fullness of God and realize, as did Paul, that we are not there yet. As the Apostle often wrote... may we "walk worthy" of our calling, of the Gospel, of the Kingdom, of Christ and of God. Then we will be counted among those who "overcome" and are eligible to receive the promises of Revelation 2 & 3.

I'll be judged on my works...and guess what? Since I'm clothed in Christ's righteousness, all my works are righteous because of Him. I'm forgiven because of His death on the cross so my sins are no more. How's that for a gracious and merciful God?

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I'll be judged on my works...and guess what? Since I'm clothed in Christ's righteousness, all my works are righteous because of Him. I'm forgiven because of His death on the cross so my sins are no more. How's that for a gracious and merciful God?

That's a nice concept and saying, but is it Scriptural?
Our "works" are what WE DO.
"Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous." (1John 3:7)

Done some Bible teaching on this too! We have got to go by what the Bible says alone.

https://youtu.be/S4VRby3_TVM

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
John 3:16-21 English Standard Version (ESV)

For God So Loved the World
16 “For God so loved the world,[a] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Looks Biblical to me

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
John 3:16-21 English Standard Version (ESV)

For God So Loved the World
16 “For God so loved the world,[a] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Looks Biblical to me

Amen! True is the Word of God.
Belief in the Scripture means believing ALL that Jesus taught, including the warnings as well as the promises.
If we do not believe ALL He taught, then we are no better than the demons who also believe, but tremble knowing they will be cast away from God in that Day.

If we must ignore or dismiss literally hundreds of other verses to cling to a single verse, even John 3:16, then we must reassess our understanding and seek the wisdom of the Lord. For John 3:16 or Eph 2:8-9 or Romans 10:9-10 do not by any means supersede or cancel out the multitude of passages of what Jesus and the Apostles taught concerning the requirements of those God has called to sit with the Lamb on His Throne ministering Life to creation in Eternity.

Oh glory! The plan and purpose of God is so much greater than we have known as a whole in the churches today.
But praise His Holy Name, He is bringing us past Pentecost! Tabernacles is yet to come....

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, we believe all that God taught, not all that a radical woman of the 1900's taught, however.
We understand that nothing can separate us from the love of God. We understand that even, God forbid, all our works burn up as chaff, yet we will still be saved by the grace of God. Why? Because God never fails His promises when he says he will never leave us nor forsake us.

1 Corinthians 3:10-17 According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it. For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw— each one’s work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire. Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Amen! True is the Word of God.
Belief in the Scripture means believing ALL that Jesus taught, including the warnings as well as the promises.
If we do not believe ALL He taught, then we are no better than the demons who also believe, but tremble knowing they will be cast away from God in that Day.

If we must ignore or dismiss literally hundreds of other verses to cling to a single verse, even John 3:16, then we must reassess our understanding and seek the wisdom of the Lord. For John 3:16 or Eph 2:8-9 or Romans 10:9-10 do not by any means supersede or cancel out the multitude of passages of what Jesus and the Apostles taught concerning the requirements of those God has called to sit with the Lamb on His Throne ministering Life to creation in Eternity.

Oh glory! The plan and purpose of God is so much greater than we have known as a whole in the churches today.
But praise His Holy Name, He is bringing us past Pentecost! Tabernacles is yet to come....

Perhaps you could delve into studying the proper distinction between Law and Gospel? It would help your studies immensely and bring you back to the path of salvation by grace through faith and not by works.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you could delve into studying the proper distinction between Law and Gospel? It would help your studies immensely and bring you back to the path of salvation by grace through faith and not by works.

Oh sister. I know the difference very well between the old covenantal Law of Moses that we are free from and the "Law of the Spirit of Life" to which we must be obedient.
Again, I agree... you & I are "saved." The grace of God alone, and the obedience of Jesus accomplished that. No doubt about that. But that is the beginning, not the end of our faith. From the writings of the Apostles and much of what Jesus taught in the Gospels... many people who are "saved" will miss out on the promises of God if they take the "grace of God for granted" and do not truly "repent" and "walk worthy" of their calling. Delving into the Scripture has given me that understanding, and to turn to "another Gospel" that may lead me onto the "broad path" is something I cannot do.

Peace & Blessings.

Truly, I love being in the Word! :ange06:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Oh sister. I know the difference very well between the old covenantal Law of Moses that we are free from and the "Law of the Spirit of Life" to which we must be obedient.
Again, I agree... you & I are "saved." The grace of God alone, and the obedience of Jesus accomplished that. No doubt about that. But that is the beginning, not the end of our faith. From the writings of the Apostles and much of what Jesus taught in the Gospels... many people who are "saved" will miss out on the promises of God if they take the "grace of God for granted" and do not truly "repent" and "walk worthy" of their calling. Delving into the Scripture has given me that understanding, and to turn to "another Gospel" that may lead me onto the "broad path" is something I cannot do.

Peace & Blessings.

Truly, I love being in the Word! :ange06:

Jesus came to lift your burdens not to have people put them back on thinking they have to buy their way into eternal life with God by their own efforts. You don't preach forgiveness of sins at all. Why is that?

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 3:1-29 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified. Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? Did you suffer so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain? Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith— just as Abraham “believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”? Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham. And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.” So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith. For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.” Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for “The righteous shall live by faith.” But the law is not of faith, rather “The one who does them shall live by them.” Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”— so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith. To give a human example, brothers:even with a man-made covenant, no one annuls it or adds to it once it has been ratified. Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, “And to offsprings,” referring to many, but referring to one, “And to your offspring,” who is Christ. This is what I mean: the law, which came 430 years afterward, does not annul a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to make the promise void. For if the inheritance comes by the law, it no longer comes by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise. Why then the law? It was added because of transgressions, until the offspring should come to whom the promise had been made, and it was put in place through angels by an intermediary. Now an intermediary implies more than one, but God is one. Is the law then contrary to the promises of God? Certainly not! For if a law had been given that could give life, then righteousness would indeed be by the law. But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to promise.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Jesus came to lift your burdens not to have people put them back on thinking they have to buy their way into eternal life with God by their own efforts. You don't preach forgiveness of sins at all. Why is that?

Forgiveness of sins is for those outside the church. Once we've been saved and enlightened, and the Spirit begins to show us our shortcomings, we must repent of them and obey the commands of God given through Jesus Christ.
There is no 'eternal state of forgiveness' that we enter into. As Peter wrote, we must DO the things commanded and ADD to our faith. If we don't we've forgotten that we were forgiven of our "past sins." Paul says grace will not cover continued sin, and the writer of Hebrews warns that willful known sins we commit after we have been 'saved' will bring only destruction upon us.

Modern preaching has made it seem as though God is begging us to 'accept His Son', so He can forgive us eternally, somehow not see our sins anymore, and then bring us into the spirit realm when we die, even if we have not been obedient.
And this obedience is to the commandments of Christ. “If you love Me, keep My commandments." (John 14:15). And for the record, there is no command to 'accept Christ' as I have heard preached, which is not Bible. No, the commandments are the Eternal Moral Law of God, the "Law of the Spirit of Life" that we must live by if we are to be truly "conformed to the image of the Son" and be raised to "sit with Him on His Throne" in that Day to govern the nations of the earth.
Again... that IS the GOAL! To become "one with Christ Jesus as He is One with the Father." (John 17:21)

Oh glory! May we let no man "steal our crown" and rob us of our inheritance by the preaching of "another gospel" that prevents the necessary repentance, obedience and transformation that the Scripture teaches and sets forth as the great plan & purpose of God.
Peace & Blessings to all!

Top Bottom