Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Science channels promote the idea that it's inevitable that humanity will merge with machines and live forever...
I have also heard that the the Sun will someday either implode a explode but by then humans will have ventured off into other galaxies.. also I have heard it argued that even tho the universe will end, we will be so advanced by that point that we could prevent the extinction of the universe and regenerate it.
Question is, who would seriously want to live forever if you know that others before have died and moved on?
I think it would bother you to the point of insanity, it would be the eternal burning question "what's beyond death?"...
It would bother you that you have known generations of loved ones passing on...
It would make you cold to the point that even though you could end your existence you would be too afraid of the unknown that you would continue into insanity.
I believe it's impossible and that science can only dream, Christ is coming soon to create a new universe and no man made invention can thwart His plan.
Also the idea of uploading consciousness into a robot or whatever is totally ridiculous, you cannot upload a soul.
Thoughts?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I choose to believe the bible so while it may be possible at some point I dont think God will allow us to reach that point

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We don't know where the soul is located. People have had heart transplants so we know the soul isn't there. Is it in the brain? Or does it just surround the living part of the body? What I'm getting at is there is the possibility of a head transplant into a mechanical being at some point in the future. We see prosthetics that are controlled by the brain now so it will be feasible some day. Will that live forever? Not likely. Even the brain will age.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I believe the Bible clearly says that it is appointed to man to die once. Then he much stand before God and account for himself or herself. I don't see any exceptions to that in scripture, so despite what science wants to do I don't think it will happen

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Science channels promote the idea that it's inevitable that humanity will merge with machines and live forever...

The reality is... one Day humanity will merge with the spiritual and become immortal. The Physical and Spiritual realms will converge. It began with Jesus when He stepped out of the tomb on Resurrection Day, and we long for that Day when Christ Jesus will return to establish God's Kingdom on the earth, and eradicate sin and rebellion.

Man will attempt to "live forever" through artificial means, and the fallen gods will assist in the delusion that we can apart from God, but it will not happen. Without walking the Way of the Cross this goal is unattainable. Rather the promise of the Word is -
"Eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality." (Rom 2:7)

Amen.

Jason76

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
We don't know where the soul is located. People have had heart transplants so we know the soul isn't there. Is it in the brain? Or does it just surround the living part of the body? What I'm getting at is there is the possibility of a head transplant into a mechanical being at some point in the future. We see prosthetics that are controlled by the brain now so it will be feasible some day. Will that live forever? Not likely. Even the brain will age.

Well, the feeling you have at a real church is proof of a soul. Also, the demonic attacks when you move away from the world is more. Anyway, though, "feelings" aren't proof. What I'm explaining is some sort of vague thing between "faith" and "feelings".

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Mechanical-biological immortality is a tower of Babel...

If you follow Christ and overcome the world, why would you want to prolong it forever?

"Eye hath not seen nor hath ear heard..."

Getting done with fallen creation is a good thing...

Arsenios

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
The reality is... one Day humanity will merge with the spiritual and become immortal. The Physical and Spiritual realms will converge. It began with Jesus when He stepped out of the tomb on Resurrection Day, and we long for that Day when Christ Jesus will return to establish God's Kingdom on the earth, and eradicate sin and rebellion.

Man will attempt to "live forever" through artificial means, and the fallen gods will assist in the delusion that we can apart from God, but it will not happen. Without walking the Way of the Cross this goal is unattainable. Rather the promise of the Word is -
"Eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality." (Rom 2:7)

Amen.

Yes. Just not on earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Just not on earth.

"Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God." - Rev 21:1-3

Oh, it will be Earth, albeit much larger I presume to accommodate New Jerusalem, the Elect and the saved nations of the earth. From the Prophets and Jesus teaching, much will be as it is now, except the tempter will be gone and sin removed from the earth.

"I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. 25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. 27 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life." - Rev 21:22-27

The spiritual will be merged with the physical, or "clothe" the material creation in that Day, and man will dwell in the home He designed for us from the beginning.

Oh glory! I look forward to that Eternal Day! :)

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Reading into Scripture now? Sounds like you are.

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Reading into Scripture now? Sounds like you are.

Nope! Just interpreting Scripture for what it actually says. :)

Not going to argue with you brother. If you believe otherwise, that's fine. What's going to be will be in the end we will all see! ;)

Top Bottom