Praying for the sick.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Allistair Begg made a comment in regards to church prayer meetings that made me do a double take. He said: "At prayer meetings we spend more time praying to keep saints out of heaven (praying for physical healing) than we do praying to get sinners into heaven."
Is this your experience? Should we be praying for the physical healing of Christians while hardly praying for the spiritual condition of those who are dead in their sins?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm did Jesus heal while on earth? It also says to have the elders pray the prayer of faith over those who are sick. Seems to me that healing is in the bible

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm did Jesus heal while on earth? It also says to have the elders pray the prayer of faith over those who are sick. Seems to me that healing is in the bible
I agree.
Do we pray more for the sick saint so they stay out of heaven than we do about the helpless sinner so they stay out of hell?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I dont think so as many today dont either believe or else know healing is available. I believe that we tend to pray more for the lost although in some churchs the opposite is true. To me we have to find out what a person really wants, do they want healed? Strange question but some dont because of entitlements or some other reason. As for healing I dont see it as keeping someone out of heaven as when it is your time God will take you home regardless

Top Bottom