Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Summer always gets me down for some reason.
I live in Texas so the heat and humidity and mosquitos just make me miserable. I feel like it slows me down and even the little things become difficult. I don't play guitar or take it out because the weather will destroy it so that's a bummer... meh I dunno, I sleep in more too... but when winter comes around im up beat and chirpy, love early mornings and having coffee and I just love the holiday vibe..
Anyone else have seasonal moodiness?

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Spring is the worst for me, it's sloppy, rainy, and allergies flair up and I'm tired all the time. Spring cleaning, getting the mowers ready for mowing, the list goes on and on, to much to do. Fall is my favorite, the clothes, the smells of bonfires, the fireplace, the academic feel like going back to school and letting the grass grow before it goes dormant so it survives the winter nicely lush. Winter is good too, everything slows down but then I have those times of frenzy activities with the Thanksgiving week, Christmas season and New Years and throw in a winter vacation somewhere warm and it's pretty good.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Summer always gets me down for some reason.
I live in Texas so the heat and humidity and mosquitos just make me miserable. I feel like it slows me down and even the little things become difficult. I don't play guitar or take it out because the weather will destroy it so that's a bummer... meh I dunno, I sleep in more too... but when winter comes around im up beat and chirpy, love early mornings and having coffee and I just love the holiday vibe..
Anyone else have seasonal moodiness?

How are you doing so far this summer?

I don't get seasonal moodiness. I'm relatively a happy person and I don't know what makes me so calm and chipper about things but I guess I got what my sister missed out on because she's the nervous and angry one. She has bad road rage and I'm like, "Go ahead, get in front of me because no one else is going to let you in."

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When I lived up north, I would have issues with wintertime Too many months of long dark gloomy days. I moved south to Texas and don't suffer that now. I do understand the hot humid summers though. I do much better with sunny days.

Which part of Texas do you live. I am down in the Coastal Bend area.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yes, I hate the winter. I always seem blue around Christmas and I am constantly trying to get warm during winter.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
How are you doing so far this summer?

I don't get seasonal moodiness. I'm relatively a happy person and I don't know what makes me so calm and chipper about things but I guess I got what my sister missed out on because she's the nervous and angry one. She has bad road rage and I'm like, "Go ahead, get in front of me because no one else is going to let you in."
I'm doing as good as any summer I guess :)
Maybe it's because my birthday is in the summer lol
But it's just so miserable and hot in Texas, especially the humidity, it just drains the life out of me and I hate being stuck in doors, the winter it's different I like to wear cool coats and visit people ;)
It's seriously so hot and my car doesn't have ac and my drivers side window doesn't roll down, my job doesn't like to spend money on ac (most Texas jobs cut back on ac) and its just so thick with heat the "feels like" is around 105+... gross!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
But it's just so miserable and hot in Texas, especially the humidity, it just drains the life out of me and I hate being stuck in doors, the winter it's different I like to wear cool coats and visit people ;)
It's seriously so hot and my car doesn't have ac and my drivers side window doesn't roll down, my job doesn't like to spend money on ac (most Texas jobs cut back on ac) and its just so thick with heat the "feels like" is around 105+... gross!

That sounds miserable. I know you want to stay around family but if you could move elsewhere, where would it be?

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
That sounds miserable. I know you want to stay around family but if you could move elsewhere, where would it be?
Up north!!! Lol, Texas is here at the very bottom closest to the equator, I am not kidding when I say that our phones literally shut themselves off if you don't have ac in the car, so no gps for us with no ac :(
Austin is just an hour north but they don't have humidity there, I lived there before and it was nice but I wasn't used to it and one summer day I realized I wasn't sweating and started feeling dizzy, almost had a heat stroke! So I think I would like to move to colorado, just have to get out of Texas

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I had my air conditioner blow when I lived in Fort Worth back in the early 90's and had to get it fixed the same week. I can't even imagine being in that hot Texas weather and not having air conditioning. And the Houston area is generally much more humid than the Dallas area.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I had my air conditioner blow when I lived in Fort Worth back in the early 90's and had to get it fixed the same week. I can't even imagine being in that hot Texas weather and not having air conditioning. And the Houston area is generally much more humid than the Dallas area.
It's crazy because I lived in Austin for a while and moved back an hour south and on the drive I suddenly felt the thickness of humidity and even smelt the ocean which is still another hours drive away, I can't smell now but just that non humid atmosphere in only an hours drive north really made a difference.

Fullmoon

Religious Affiliation
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
I HATE Summer!! I can't tolerate heat. Heat makes me incredibly angry. I'm really miserable in summer. My fav season is winter.

Top Bottom