Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Which fathers in the bible are some of the best and which are some of the worst?

Ahaz comes to mind as being one of the worst since he sacrificed his children to demons :(

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I would put King Saul near the top of the list of bad fathers.

I would put Joseph near the top of good ones and I believe it is Jesse father of David

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
As number one on the list of bad fathers I would suggest Abraham. He hears a voice that tells him to sacrifice (murder) his son and he acts on it. If, as some suggest, God was testing him, he failed the test big time. Perhaps the "angel" in the story was an atheist or a pagan who was passing by and had the decency to prevent the murder. The Bible records no further contact between Abraham and either Isaac or Sarah. I can't blame either one of them. This one of the very ugliest stories in the Bible. Bad father for sure.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
As number one on the list of bad fathers I would suggest Abraham. He hears a voice that tells him to sacrifice (murder) his son and he acts on it. If, as some suggest, God was testing him, he failed the test big time. Perhaps the "angel" in the story was an atheist or a pagan who was passing by and had the decency to prevent the murder. The Bible records no further contact between Abraham and either Isaac or Sarah. I can't blame either one of them. This one of the very ugliest stories in the Bible. Bad father for sure.

So you believe it's bad for a Father to sacrifice His Son? God did that for us.

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
the father of James and John. They were in business with their father until Jesus called them

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
I would say one of the worst (or collective worst) would be the father/fathers that raised the children who mocked Elisha. Perhaps the judgement of God (through Elisha) was not only for the mockery of the children, but on the fathers as well?

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Do you know why Abraham was willing to sacrifice his son to God? Because he knew that Isaac was the sin of promise and that God would raise him from the dead! That was the kind of faith Abraham had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom