Hebrew mind set

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Concerning John 20:7 The folded Napkin... a true Hebrew tradition ??

The Bible takes an entire verse to tell us that the napkin was neatly folded, and was placed at the head of that stony coffin. Is that significant? Absolutely!

In order to understand the significance of the folded napkin, you have to understand a little bit about Hebrew tradition of that day. The folded napkin had to do with the master and servant, and every Jewish boy knew this tradition.

When the servant set the dinner table for the master, he made sure that it was exactly the way the master wanted it. The table was furnished perfectly, and then the servant would wait, just out of sight, until the master had finished eating, and the servant would not dare touch that table until the master was finished. If the master was done eating, he would rise from the table, wipe his fingers, his mouth, and clean his beard, and would wad up that napkin and toss it onto the table. The servant would then know to clear the table. For in those days, the wadded napkin meant, “I’m done.”

But if the master got up from the table, folded his napkin, and laid it beside his plate, the servant would not dare touch the table because the servant knew that the folded napkin meant, “I’m not finished yet.” The folded napkin meant, “I’m coming back!”

He, our master, Yeshua is coming back! Hallelujah!

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord is: Baruch Haba HaShem Adonai

In the Jewish wedding, when the groom approaches the chuppah, these words are said: "Blessed is he who comes". In the book, "Made in Heaven" by Orthodox Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan, he explains that this is actually an idiomatic expression which means "welcome".

So, when Yeshua/Jesus said you will not see me (again) until you say, "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord", this is actually "wedding talk" and a Hebraic way of saying, "Welcome!". Yeshua said that He will not return back to the earth at his second coming until He is welcomed as the bridegroom and His people are crying out for Him to return and be married to His people !!!

By the way Yom Kippur, is the wedding day.

what i find interesting in this particular post is ... -with no knowledge of hebrew language , cultural wedding protocol ,custom or anything else -and only an english translation of the bible .this ,by the holy Spiirt is what I have understood that text to mean .

and that does not surprise me .for all understanding of GODS word comes not by carnal intellectual means but by the holy Spirit -without whom ,there is no understanding . so no one can boast of thier comprehension of scripture.

i have often sensed that the final "unknown " (but by the father )moment (not month or possibly even week (but day and time) in which the lamb of god breaks through from the greater inner realm if the spirit to the lesser and temporal outer realm of creation ..the heavens being rent and rolling up like a scroll to reveal him .. will come at that undefinable moment in which every true child of God ,born of the Spiirt of God ,in whom the spirit of the lord Jesus dwells , unanimously cries out ..(the bride as one crying out by the Spirit of God ) maranatha .he will overwhelming respond according to his own word and appear .

please don't misunderstand me ,im not meaning to sound as if im putting down the value of hebrew insights ..for i cant do that any more then i could put down the value of any holy Spirit inspired insights from any teacher gifted by god for the purpose of equipping the saints to the work of the gospel . im just pointing out that it is by the same Holy Spiirt that all true understanding comes and not by the wisdom of men of any culture ..for there is no jew nor gentile among those who have become a new creature in christ JEsus .

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
One thing is true... God is well mannered, a gentleman, full of grace and for Him to fold the face napkin can be no more than good habits. But since nothing He does is without deeper meaning, I find this Jewish tradition consoling.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
This idiomatic way was commonplace among the Israelites, as seen here in relation to tasting and eating food:

Ezekiel 3:1 Then He said to me, “Son of man, eat what you find; eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel.” 3 And He said to me, “Son of man, feed your stomach,
and fill your body with this scroll which I am giving you.” Then I ate it, and it was sweet as honey in my mouth. 4 Then He said to me, “Son of man, go to the house of Israel and speak with My words to them.

Here Ezekiel speaks of spiritually “feeding” on the word of God. Yeshua did the same thing that Last Supper night... He was bring to their attention the symbolism of the Seder wine and bread and stating "go study it again" with me in mind. ...

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The prophet Jeremiah also uses this spiritual idiom with eating and feeding

Jeremiah 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I
am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 3:15 and I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

Yeshua continues using this Hebrew mindset understanding

John 4:32 But He said to them, “I have food to eat that you do not know about.” 33 The disciples therefore were saying to one another, “No one brought Him anything to eat, did he?”
34 Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to accomplish His work.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
In the Hebrew mindset, it is all about the connections with those that went before them. These connections have prophetic, God's commandments, feasts, and history... that bind them all together. For example...

In the scriptures, the first bread-and-wine communal meal (at least symbolically communal) is that in which Melchizedek, the king of Salem and priest of God, brought out bread and wine to Abraham, who returned victorious from battle:

Genesis 14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; now he was a priest of God Most High.

Paul later speaks of how great Melchizedek was because Abraham, the inheritor of God’s promises, gave him a tithe. He states that Melchizedek had no father or mother, meaning only that his genealogy was not traced from the Levitical priestly lineage (Hebrews 7:6). Paul furthermore states that Melchizedek’s name means “king of righteousness,” and since this man was king over Salem, it also shows him as “king of peace.” (Note that “Salem” means “peace,” and the city of Salem was later named “Jeru-salem,” meaning “foundation of peace.”)

These connections flow in and out of scripture. Melchizedek was a type of Christ in various ways, such as through his priestly ministry. Although Jesus was from the tribe of Judah and thus could not hold the rank of high priest according to the law of Moses, he was spiritually called a high priest after the order of Melchizedek. In this priesthood what mattered was the calling of God, not the genealogy from the tribe of Levi (Hebrews 6:20; 7:11, 12).

Several hundred years later King David acknowledged this when, under God’s anointing, he spoke concerning the future Messiah: “Thou art a priest forever, according to the order of Melchizedek.”

Psalm 110:4 The LORD has sworn and will not change His mind, “Thou art a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek.”

Although David was also from the tribe of Judah, he had a revelation on one occasion that he himself could go right into the Temple and ask the high priest for a portion of the twelve breads (Showbread). According to God’s law, only priests from Levi’s lineage (through Aaron) were to partake of these breads, which were made from the Israelites’ grain offerings. These breads were to continually abide in God’s presence in the Temple, and the higher order of priests would partake of them every Sabbath.

David was likely also applying the concept of the Melchizedek priesthood to himself and thus had the confidence to ask for the Showbread on this one occasion. Samuel’s account of this event with David refers to the priestly need to be ritually pure before partaking of the Showbread (1 Samuel 21:1–6). This purity requirement pointed to the Showbread (breads of the presence) as a communal meal at which God
Himself was considered to be present. David (from the tribe of Judah) giving out the Showbread to those with him is a type of Christ giving out the true bread to those with him. This typology could also explain why David’s sons were called priests (kohen in Hebrew, 2 Samuel 8:18).

These Jewish communal meals involved communion with God and one another as members of the Jewish nation who were following the
covenant and law of Moses. Many Israelites were excluded from this Showbread meal, as this represented a future high calling for only those who desired to be closest to God and dwell in His intimate, most direct presence.

So what was God showing back in Melchizedek’s day? Why did God lead that great king and priest to bring bread and wine out to Abraham, just a stone’s throw from the location where David would later be directed to build the Temple?

Many years after Melchizedek brought out bread and wine to Abraham, and after the Israelites returned to Israel from the captivity in Egypt, God instructed Moses to build the Tabernacle. One of the first things God commanded for this (and the cups/bowls for the wine libations, Exodus 25:23–30).

Since the Israelites had re-entered this same Promised Land where Melchizedek had lived, this history of Melchizedek bringing out bread and wine to Abraham would have been part of their understanding. David showed this many years later in his statement in Psalm 110:4 (above) about Melchizedek. Thus, some of God’s commandments to Moses (including the Showbread and its wine) would point forward to both the literal and spiritual Promised Land while also reflecting back on the event with Melchizedek. What we’ll see throughout Jewish history is a common thread linking the communal meals—beginning with the bread and wine of Melchizedek, then the twelve breads and wine in the Tabernacle (and later in the Temple), and then through the solemn bread-and-wine services of the Dead Sea Sect and other Jewish groups.

The bread and wine the Messiah served at the Last Supper also pointed forward, for all of these communal meals point to the same Messianic feast or banquet with the king and priest.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes a picture can explain it best...

When you read, does the way you are taught color the way you see it?
ArmorOfGod.jpg

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Hope this material might prove useful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Priest_of_Israel

Like I stated before, strange days indeed when on a certain Holy Day a man speaks of Christ and the cross as failure. And then continues on to compare wealth to consecration
Consecration
"The ceremonial of consecration, extending through an entire week (Exodus 28-29; Leviticus 8), included certain rites which all priests were required to undergo: purification; the sacrifices; the "filling" of the hands; the smearing with blood. But Aaron the high priest was anointed with sacred oil, hence the title of the "anointed priest"; other passages have it that all priests were anointed (Exodus 28:41, 30:30; Leviticus 7:36, 10:7; Numbers 3:3).

"The first consecration was performed by Moses; the Bible does not state who consecrated subsequent high priests. Leviticus 21:10 states emphatically that every new high priest shall be anointed; and Exodus 29:29 et seq. commands that the official garments worn by his predecessor shall be worn by the new incumbent while he is anointed and during the seven days of his consecration (comp. Numbers 20:28; Psalm 133:2).

Rev. 3:14-22 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Last edited:

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I believe that the High Priest who is passing on the mantel or in this case the breast plate, is the anointer.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I believe that the High Priest who is passing on the mantel or in this case the breast plate, is the anointer.
Amen.

I was reading back through the Thread and Melchizedek is certainly an area of interest for me. Along with some parallels through out the Landscape of the Torah.
When Yosef was sold to Egypt something stood out to me in consideration of a Tithe. Not just the numerical account but a certain lot had no part in tithing to Egypt/Pharaoh. It seems their may be a hidden prophetic meaning.
http://www.bibleanswerstand.org/tithing4.htm

47 Then Joseph came and told Pharaoh, and said, My father and my brethren, and their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have, are come out of the land of Canaan; and, behold, they are in the land of Goshen.

2 And he took some of his brethren, even five men, and presented them unto Pharaoh.

3 And Pharaoh said unto his brethren, What is your occupation? And they said unto Pharaoh, Thy servants are shepherds, both we, and also our fathers.

4 They said morever unto Pharaoh, For to sojourn in the land are we come; for thy servants have no pasture for their flocks; for the famine is sore in the land of Canaan: now therefore, we pray thee, let thy servants dwell in the land of Goshen.

14 And Joseph gathered up all the money that was found in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, for the corn which they bought: and Joseph brought the money into Pharaoh's house.

15 And when money failed in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, all the Egyptians came unto Joseph, and said, Give us bread: for why should we die in thy presence? for the money faileth.

16 And Joseph said, Give your cattle; and I will give you for your cattle, if money fail.

17 And they brought their cattle unto Joseph: and Joseph gave them bread in exchange for horses, and for the flocks, and for the cattle of the herds, and for the *****: and he fed them with bread for all their cattle for that year.

18 When that year was ended, they came unto him the second year, and said unto him, We will not hide it from my lord, how that our money is spent; my lord also hath our herds of cattle; there is not ought left in the sight of my lord, but our bodies, and our lands:

19 Wherefore shall we die before thine eyes, both we and our land? buy us and our land for bread, and we and our land will be servants unto Pharaoh: and give us seed, that we may live, and not die, that the land be not desolate.

20 And Joseph bought all the land of Egypt for Pharaoh; for the Egyptians sold every man his field, because the famine prevailed over them: so the land became Pharaoh's.

21 And as for the people, he removed them to cities from one end of the borders of Egypt even to the other end thereof.

22 Only the land of the priests bought he not; for the priests had a portion assigned them of Pharaoh, and did eat their portion which Pharaoh gave them: wherefore they sold not their lands.

Last edited:

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation