Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
https://youtu.be/0Df0xnmxLuw

Bless his heart but that kind of campaign promise is rather absurd and honestly probably the most insulting effort in the history of campaign promises to secure votes.

Every one has suffered the impacts of this disease either personally or through a loved one, for him to boldly pull that card to win votes is just sleazy.
Oh God do we wish for a cure and I believe everyone feels the same, but in the name of politics I just don't see where or how he could move money to jump start something that has been already working around the clock 24/7 for ages...
Can we really take him seriously?
There are many types of cancers out there and to generalize it in one sentence leads me to believe that he only wants to counter his chances of losing due to his age and his creepy behavior with setting such an impossible high standard to win this election.
If he did accomplish this impossible leap he would definitely be immortalized as the greatest president and saint in US history... I find his holy objective to be of grandiose delusions and an act of desperation..even if he does mean well.

Last edited:

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Imagine what the twenty ankle-biters will be promising when the campaign REALLY gets going. :ponder:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Bless his heart but that kind of campaign promise is rather absurd and honestly probably the most insulting effort in the history of campaign promises to secure votes.

Every one has suffered the impacts of this disease either personally or through a loved one, for him to boldly pull that card to win votes is just sleazy.
Oh God do we wish for a cure and I believe everyone feels the same, but in the name of politics I just don't see where or how he could move money to jump start something that has been already working around the clock 24/7 for ages...
Can we really take him seriously?
There are many types of cancers out there and to generalize it in one sentence leads me to believe that he only wants to counter his chances of losing due to his age and his creepy behavior with setting such an impossible high standard to win this election.
If he did accomplish this impossible leap he would definitely be immortalized as the greatest president and saint in US history... I find his holy objective to be of grandiose delusions and an act of desperation..even if he does mean well.

I agree that there are too many different types of cancer that are treated in different ways. So you can't just say "cure cancer" because you really mean cure all the various types of cancers.

When I had thyroid cancer and they checked to make sure it hadn't spread...if it had spread to my lungs it would NOT have been lung cancer. It would still be thyroid cancer but in the lungs and treatment would be different with RAI (Radioactive Iodine).

I think Biden is just trying to say what he can to get people to like him.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
... and the thing is, the liberals (and their puppy dogs, the mainstream press) will eat this up.

Anyone who USE to think Joe was the only half-way reasonable democrat are now convinced otherwise. But this won't impact the nomination process since I'm not sure there are any Democrats left who have "reasonable" on their radar. Just as all 23 jumped on the absurd "Green New Deal" and "Free College" bandwagons, so they'll all promise to cure cancer, too. Heck, diabetes and AIDS too.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Can't he just go ahead and cure cancer even if he doesn't win? Is there something magical about being in the White House that makes the impossible suddenly possible? Seems like being President would be a huge distraction from the science that would be required to cure cancer.

Unless maybe he already has some Super Secret Knowledge of a cure that scientists have been hiding, and he's going to spill the beans if he's elected. Maybe we can look forward to Republican-leaning scientists spilling the beans as the race hots up, so those who dislike the thought of President Biden can still have a cure.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Can't he just go ahead and cure cancer even if he doesn't win? Is there something magical about being in the White House that makes the impossible suddenly possible? Seems like being President would be a huge distraction from the science that would be required to cure cancer.

Unless maybe he already has some Super Secret Knowledge of a cure that scientists have been hiding, and he's going to spill the beans if he's elected. Maybe we can look forward to Republican-leaning scientists spilling the beans as the race hots up, so those who dislike the thought of President Biden can still have a cure.

Exactly! It's like, well, you won't get that cancer cure unless I'M in office.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I think it is about funding but could be wrong

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

If that is what he meant, I am even less impressed. We have, as a nation, been looking for a cure for many decades now and spending billions on it...without finding a cure. To flatly promise a cure so long as the candidate is elected is absurd.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

At least with the quote given, he said nothing about funding. Nothing about fighting cancer. Nothing about taxing rich Republicans. He said IF he is elected president, cancer will be cured. He made it a campaign promise.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
At least with the quote given, he said nothing about funding. Nothing about fighting cancer. Nothing about taxing rich Republicans. He said IF he is elected president, cancer will be cured. He made it a campaign promise.
Cancwer is getting close to a cure and added funding for the research would probably push it over the top and funding is found in many ways as Trump as so expertly demonstrated, it is not always added taxes

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Cancwer is getting close to a cure and added funding for the research would probably push it over the top and funding is found in many ways as Trump as so expertly demonstrated, it is not always added taxes

According the CNN clip, Joe Biden said NOTHING about "close" or "taxes" or "funding" or "probably." He promised that if HE is elected, cancer would be cured.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
And of course the educated among us will take that as he will cure it and not use the office to make sure all the tools are funded and used

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
And of course the educated among us will take that as he will cure it and not use the office to make sure all the tools are funded and used

I am taking him strictly at his word...and his word didn't say "I will try" or "I will make it my priority."

And as we all know, if Trump had said what Biden did, all the liberal newscasters would be reporting that the President lied again!!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

So it won't make any difference if he is elected or not, right? Cancer has been "getting close to a cure" for decades now but still the cure evades us.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I can only imagine the liberal howling if Trump made such a claim in his reelection campaign.

Top Bottom