Happy 4th Anniversary Christianity Haven!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Today our beloved site celebrates 4 years and it would not be in existence today without the hard work of those who serve as site leaders, have served in the past and members who have helped us grow.

Thank you especially to Romanos who created this place...just because I asked for it :)

Thank you to all our past site leaders:
[MENTION=2]GenesisGirl[/MENTION] - Admin
[MENTION=4]MarkFL[/MENTION] - Technical Advisor
[MENTION=62]tango[/MENTION] - Foundations Advisor - Moderator - Senior Moderator
[MENTION=24]Krissy Cakes[/MENTION] - Community Outreach Advisor
[MENTION=53]Tallguy88[/MENTION] - Moderator
[MENTION=55]ImaginaryDay2[/MENTION] - Moderator
[MENTION=13]Josiah[/MENTION] - Moderator
[MENTION=59]jsimms435[/MENTION] - Moderator

Thank you to our Current Staff:
[MENTION=43]psalms 91[/MENTION] - Hospitality Advisor - Moderator
[MENTION=33]George[/MENTION] - Social Media Advisor - Moderator - FAQ Advisor - Site advisor - Tech Advisor
[MENTION=387]Andrew[/MENTION] - Moderator

Thank you also to [MENTION=432]Pastor Rickert[/MENTION] who is our site Pastor answering questions in the Ask a Pastor Forum.

May we strive to grow together in God's Word as a community for many more years to come.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Today our beloved site celebrates 4 years and it would not be in existence today without the hard work of those who serve as site leaders, have served in the past and members who have helped us grow.

Thank you especially to Romanos who created this place...just because I asked for it :)

Thank you to all our past site leaders:
[MENTION=2]GenesisGirl[/MENTION] - Admin
[MENTION=4]MarkFL[/MENTION] - Technical Advisor
[MENTION=62]tango[/MENTION] - Foundations Advisor - Moderator - Senior Moderator
[MENTION=24]Krissy Cakes[/MENTION] - Community Outreach Advisor
[MENTION=53]Tallguy88[/MENTION] - Moderator
[MENTION=55]ImaginaryDay2[/MENTION] - Moderator
[MENTION=13]Josiah[/MENTION] - Moderator
[MENTION=59]jsimms435[/MENTION] - Moderator

Thank you to our Current Staff:
[MENTION=43]psalms 91[/MENTION] - Hospitality Advisor - Moderator
[MENTION=33]George[/MENTION] - Social Media Advisor - Moderator - FAQ Advisor - Site advisor - Tech Advisor
[MENTION=387]Andrew[/MENTION] - Moderator

Thank you also to [MENTION=432]Pastor Rickert[/MENTION] who is our site Pastor answering questions in the Ask a Pastor Forum.

May we strive to grow together in God's Word as a community for many more years to come.

And a HUGE thanks to [MENTION=11]Lämmchen[/MENTION]

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Happy Anniversary!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
4 years? Where does the time go?
Congrats to [MENTION=1]Romanos[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11]Lämmchen[/MENTION] for your tireless work to keep things afloat :)

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
We have been blessed to have Lamm overseeing the forums and Romanos for creating this site and may there be many more years.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What I Love about this site... Why I think this site has beaten all the odds and grown so much....

1. From its conception, this site has been a reaction to the over-regulated and restrictive nature of other similar sites. It has been a reaction to the uber-relativism, the "kumbyah" imposition of other sites. And while other sites usually START that way, CH has held the course, even amide some storms and calls for it to fall into the death trap of other Christian discussion sites. I give Lamm enormous credit here! And as a result, this site (unlike at least a dozen other CF "spin offs" ) not only has survived but thrived and grown - in size and in reputation.

2. From its conception, this has been a site based on few and intuitive rules, evangelically and evenly administered. It has consistently resisted what tends to happen at such sites, allow the "squeeky wheels" and "complainers about being picked on" to create a plethora of weird rules and regulations, constantly changing. As a result of this, it has avoided the staff "wars" that often reign at other sites - and eventually tend to destroy them (some of us here have "been there, done that'). I give Lamm enormous credit here. I personally know of NO other admin of ANY other Christian discussion forum who has conssitently (and for 4 years now) accomplished this.

3. From its conception, this has been a site that WELCOMES open and honest discussion. Some remember that ChristianForums (a long time ago) was by far the largest and most respected Christian Discussion forum on the 'net (back with Erwin personally ran it) and Erwin gave ONE reasons why: Just this; it WAS a site where ALL could come.... share openly.....discuss honestly.... disagree (since we do) ... and with mutual respect, work toward mutual understanding if not actual agreement. He was right. Then he simply didn't have time to be a full time physician AND run what became a HUGE website, and it QUICKLY became victim of what tends to destroy sites. CH has avoided discouraging discussion... avoided the "Kumbyah" and uber-relativism that hinder other sites. SURE if one wants to talk about fish tacos or their cat, they CAN (and I celebrate that, too) - NO ONE needs to get involved in a discussion they don't understand or particularly care about, which is as it should be. But if Christians DO care ... if they DO want to better understand.... if they think Truth should matter in Christianity.... they CAN do here what is difficult to illegal at other sites. I give enormous credit to Lamm for this. She has over and over resisted the temptation to devolve this into yet another - still another - dying "Let's all just hug each other and pretend nothing in Christianity really matters" site.

- Josiah

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Thanks, Josiah for that big hug of a post :friends:

It's been so nice seeing many different names logging in every day and not worry whether we'll get 10 people to log into the site like it was that very first summer. We will have members come and go but hopefully they return because they miss us and see us as a good community and a haven from other toxic places online.

Since it's Throwback Thursday, here's a link to the Wayback Machine from July 31, 2015. Check out all those forum names we had!
https://web.archive.org/web/20150731015048/http://www.christianityhaven.com/

Webster

Religious Affiliation
Methodist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
:happybirthday::cake::party2::kumbaya::grouphug:

Happy Birthday, Christianity Haven!

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Amazing web site! Happy Birthday and a special 'thank you' to all of our members who help keep this place so darn special! :)

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I want to thank you everyone for their continued support of Christianity Haven over the past four years. It can not go without saying that each and every member has played a part in helping grow the site and make it what it is today.

We’ve come quite a long way, and I want to thank the opening team that I selected which is GenesisGirl and MarkFL to open Christianity Haven.

But it also can not go without saying that Lämmchen has been an absolute blessing to CH and has helped the site immensely. Thank you for what you do. Not only as a member of the Staff Team, but also the other Administrator on the site. It’s been a pleasure to work with you these years, and I continue to look forward to working with you.

While I bear the title of Executive Administrator and Owner, and Lämmchen of Administrator, these titles mean nothing without the support of our community. Thank you again for what everyone has done to help grow CH into the forum it is today.

In Him,
Romanos

Last edited:

JPPT1974

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
:kumbaya::party2: Four Years and counting. God blsss!

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sorry i missed it. Happy Birthday Christianity Haven. And God bless all the people who kept pushing and working hard in bringing up this community.

May God continue to guide you all to reach great heights.

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Sorry i missed it. Happy Birthday Christianity Haven. And God bless all the people who kept pushing and working hard in bringing up this community.

May God continue to guide you all to reach great heights.

Glad to see you back around! :)

Top Bottom