The Great Emergency: The Case For Sunday Laws

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
If it is true that the people who are predicting that Sunday Laws are wrong, why is it that the Sunday Movement is doing exactly what is being prophesied? The truth of the matter is that, Sunday-Sabbath laws are the "mark" of the "beast". A "mark" according to the Bible is synonymous with a sign, token, seal, etc. Deuteronomy 11:18 shows this (as well as MANY other passages). This always refers to laws. A beast is a kingdom, according to Daniel 7:24 (and there are examples of the same in the Word). So the "mark" of the "beast" is the law of a kingdom. And this law comes from the first beast of Revelation 13, which is also represented in Revelation 17 as a woman riding a beast. A woman is a church (2 Corinthians 11:2). So then the "mark" of the "beast" is a spiritual law from a church that's in control of the state. And that church is the Roman Catholic Church, also known as the Vatican, whose mark is the Sunday-Sabbath.

And yes. Sunday-Sabbath laws ARE coming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHKSiFGQHdo

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
If it is true that the people who are predicting that Sunday Laws are wrong, why is it that the Sunday Movement is doing exactly what is being prophesied? The truth of the matter is that, Sunday-Sabbath laws are the "mark" of the "beast". A "mark" according to the Bible is synonymous with a sign, token, seal, etc. Deuteronomy 11:18 shows this (as well as MANY other passages). This always refers to laws. A beast is a kingdom, according to Daniel 7:24 (and there are examples of the same in the Word). So the "mark" of the "beast" is the law of a kingdom. And this law comes from the first beast of Revelation 13, which is also represented in Revelation 17 as a woman riding a beast. A woman is a church (2 Corinthians 11:2). So then the "mark" of the "beast" is a spiritual law from a church that's in control of the state. And that church is the Roman Catholic Church, also known as the Vatican, whose mark is the Sunday-Sabbath.

So how can this "mark" be in ones right hand and/or inside ones forehead if it's a law?
I thought this was to be a physical or visual permanent tattoo given to all during the tribulation (which the Church will not be involved in?)

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married

527f07e1ccc7c6dcf584d2d36ecd8a42.gif

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Seventh Day Adventism and alleged Sunday Laws go hand in hand as a sign of the end times. But I don't see Sundays being hedged about by civil laws enforcing its observance as a holy day and forcing Saturday observers to observe Sunday on pain of terrible consequences. Sunday is a normal trading day in most Western nations. That is the opposite of what Seventh Day Adventist literature predicted.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
That is because most businesses till in the 70's shut down for Sunday and there were what was called blue laws prohibiting businesses from being open. A much more peaceful idea, I for one would love to see it again

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
That is because most businesses till in the 70's shut down for Sunday and there were what was called blue laws prohibiting businesses from being open. A much more peaceful idea, I for one would love to see it again

The point is that Seventh Day Adventist predictions are wrong. The first post in this thread is promoting the failed predictions of Seventh Day Adventism.

I remember an elderly man whose surname was Sodeman who was a SDA and who predicted the end of the ages within the lifetime of people who were alive in 1843 - he told my family about the Hunza people who he alleged lived well past 120 years and his theory was that at least one of these 120+ year old Hunza people would still be living when the end came. Well, is it 2019 now and and a person born in 1843 would be 176 this year. The lesson I draw from that is that Jehovah's witnesses are not the only ones making false prophetic predictions, Seventh Day Adventists have been making them for even longer than JWs.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The point is that Seventh Day Adventist predictions are wrong. The first post in this thread is promoting the failed predictions of Seventh Day Adventism.

I remember an elderly man whose surname was Sodeman who was a SDA and who predicted the end of the ages within the lifetime of people who were alive in 1843 - he told my family about the Hunza people who he alleged lived well past 120 years and his theory was that at least one of these 120+ year old Hunza people would still be living when the end came. Well, is it 2019 now and and a person born in 1843 would be 176 this year. The lesson I draw from that is that Jehovah's witnesses are not the only ones making false prophetic predictions, Seventh Day Adventists have been making them for even longer than JWs.

No there are many who will be false prophets and many will be led astray but that is why we are encouraged to read and study the Word and to draw close to God. Those who do so will not be led astray

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
No there are many who will be false prophets and many will be led astray but that is why we are encouraged to read and study the Word and to draw close to God. Those who do so will not be led astray

Any who use their wits and do not go searching for signs of the end and predictions of the last days will not be quickly deceived by predictions from Adventist groups such as Jehovah's witnesses and Seventh Day Adventists but those who long for such things and for secret knowledge with which to know what will come will be easily deceived by adventism.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Up until last winter's Superbowl in Minneapolis, no alcohol was sold on Sundays (off-sale liquor) in Minnesota. Also, no cars can be sold on Sunday in Minnesota.
Interestingly, many independent liquor stores (yes, in Minnesota you cannot merge liquor/beer into the aisles of a convenience store or grocery store) didn't want to be open on Sundays. The law narrowly passed.
I find it interesting that one of the most liberal states in the US has/had these blue laws. Likely it's due to the large number of Lutherans. As they become more liberal, they let these laws go away.
Lutherans, you can't live without em, you can't buy cars on Sundays with em. [emoji56][emoji41]

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately there are many, many, people who create their doctrine from one verse and read the Bible with rose colored glasses as they force the rest of their Bible reading to fit their false doctrine.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
In Australia it was the trade unions that objected to Sunday trading because they wanted their members to have a day with their families. That is a commendable desire. Oddly enough it was a Conservative state government in my state that changed the laws despite a referendum of the people wanting to retain Sunday as a day without general trading, before the state government changed the laws only cafes and restaurants were open on Sundays and small family owned shops. Now we have 7 day trading and Sundays are almost as busy as any other day. I miss the peace and quiet of the old Sundays when I could sit outside at a cafe and enjoy a mostly empty street with only a few other people around.

atpollard

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
So according to the Opening Post, does this mean SECULAR greed has defeated the Antichrist and Armageddon is cancelled? :boggled:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
So according to the Opening Post, does this mean SECULAR greed has defeated the Antichrist and Armageddon is cancelled? :boggled:

I reckon so. No Armageddon this year because business is too good!

:smirk:

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
==============================================================================================

Post #11:
In Australia it was the trade unions that objected to Sunday trading because they wanted their members to have a day with their families. That is a commendable desire. Oddly enough it was a Conservative state government in my state that changed the laws despite a referendum of the people wanting to retain Sunday as a day without general trading, before the state government changed the laws only cafes and restaurants were open on Sundays and small family owned shops. Now we have 7 day trading and Sundays are almost as busy as any other day. I miss the peace and quiet of the old Sundays when I could sit outside at a cafe and enjoy a mostly empty street with only a few other people around.

Long gone is the old adage “Slower than a month of Sundays”.

Although “Slower than a wet week” still applies to a degree.

==============================================================================================

Top Bottom