Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I was outside weeding and found some poison ivy underneath our deck. It started raining so I didn't check in other locations for it but this is probably the second time in 5 years that I've found poison ivy in our yard. I warned my husband about it so he doesn't brush up against any while mowing the lawn. Our daughter is seriously allergic to the stuff so once the rain stops I'll need to get outside and make sure there isn't more.

There is a local farm that rents out goats to clear lawns of poison ivy. Maybe I should ask my daughter for that for mother's day? LOL

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
lol or just get me, I am not allergic and have pulled it out with my bare hands before

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When I was a boy.... maybe 11 or 12.... I pretty much lived at the beach all summer and whenever I could.

One summer, when we were on vacation, my sibs and I went to the beach where we met a few others our age. It was cold and foggy, but there were large fire pits. We had no matches or firewood, but I told the rest to gather up kindling and I could start a fire (being a boy scout comes in handy at times). Well, they gathered up stuff to burn (pretty green but....) and I got the fire going (very smokey however).

Turns out the "wood" they brought me was poison ivy.

Everywhere not shielded by my shorts was covered with the results. My sibs, much less so. My parents actually took me to a clinic and the doc was much more worried about what was in my lungs than what was on my body! Turns out I was fine in no time.

My Dad talks about "the tuition of life" I paid some that day.

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
:pop2: this could end up being entertaining
lol or just get me, I am not allergic and have pulled it out with my bare hands before

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When I was a boy.... maybe 11 or 12.... I pretty much lived at the beach all summer and whenever I could.

One summer, when we were on vacation, my sibs and I went to the beach where we met a few others our age. It was cold and foggy, but there were large fire pits. We had no matches or firewood, but I told the rest to gather up kindling and I could start a fire (being a boy scout comes in handy at times). Well, they gathered up stuff to burn (pretty green but....) and I got the fire going (very smokey however).

Turns out the "wood" they brought me was poison ivy.

Everywhere not shielded by my shorts was covered with the results. My sibs, much less so. My parents actually took me to a clinic and the doc was much more worried about what was in my lungs than what was on my body! Turns out I was fine in no time.

My Dad talks about "the tuition of life" I paid some that day.

From what I've read breathing the smoke produced by burning poison ivy can be fatal. If you imagine the kind of blistering it causes, but inside the lungs, it's easy to see why a doctor would be worried about that.

I've never had issues with it, but that could be due to lack of exposure. We don't get it in the UK, although I'd have thought I'd have encountered some of it when I've been in the woods in the US. Maybe I'm not sensitive, maybe I'm just lucky.

Top Bottom