... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
You worry way too much about what you think other people might possibly maybe be thinking.

Climate change is happening as I type, it is likely primarily caused by increases in CO[SUB]2[/SUB] in the atmosphere and that is chiefly coming from burning fossil fuels. What you make of it and decide to do as a consequence is up to you.

It's hard to believe the claims of carbon emissions being the cause of global warming when the story keeps changing and when the high priests of this new global religion act as if their words contained no truth at all.

Why would people who warn of the seas rising and ever-stronger storms want to own oceanfront property? Why would they travel by air at all when they could teleconference? Why don't they simply lead by example? It's just another case of "do as I say, not as I do". You know, like the time John Kerry said that Americans might have to learn to live without air conditioning (to save the planet, innit) but for some reason didn't feel the need to turn off the air conditioners in the Capitol Building in DC. Oh no, of course the representatives need air conditioning, it's just the plebs and the peons who have to go without. Never mind a billion people with brown skin in third world nations getting flooded out, it's critical that they get to keep their air conditioning running.

Webster

Religious Affiliation
Methodist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Climate change is happening as I type, it is likely primarily caused by increases in CO[SUB]2[/SUB] in the atmosphere and that is chiefly coming from burning fossil fuels. What you make of it and decide to do as a consequence is up to you.
And yet the positive tradeoff of that is the modern society that we live in; now, as I've said before - here and elsewhere - I'm all for dealing with and mitigating the effects of "climate changes" (I put it in quotes because people have been railing about the climate for decades and most all of their predictions have come for naught) but it has to be done in ways that do not short-circuit and weaken the global economy that we are a part of.

In addition, as technologically saavy as mankind is, whenever threats come up we're able to deal them; why not apply the same plans and strategies to dealing with climate problems. Man has adapted to things in the past; we will adapt as time goes on.

Webster

Religious Affiliation
Methodist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
It's hard to believe the claims of carbon emissions being the cause of global warming when the story keeps changing and when the high priests of this new global religion act as if their words contained no truth at all.

Why would people who warn of the seas rising and ever-stronger storms want to own oceanfront property? Why would they travel by air at all when they could teleconference? Why don't they simply lead by example? It's just another case of "do as I say, not as I do". You know, like the time John Kerry said that Americans might have to learn to live without air conditioning (to save the planet, innit) but for some reason didn't feel the need to turn off the air conditioners in the Capitol Building in DC. Oh no, of course the representatives need air conditioning, it's just the plebs and the peons who have to go without. Never mind a billion people with brown skin in third world nations getting flooded out, it's critical that they get to keep their air conditioning running.

giphy.gif

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Whether it's cows farting or cows belching isn't relevant to the point being discussed. Beans make you fart as well, so they probably aren't the best suggestion if you want to reduce emissions.

It is true that beans make many people flatulent and with seven and a half billion people living right now I guess we may rival cows for methane emissions.

:smirk:

Nevertheless we will need less cultivated land if we stop eating cow. Chickens need a lot less land ber Kg of tasty yummy chicken meat produced and beans are considerably more efficient that chickens at making calories and protein than chickens are.

So lets do solar and wind and beans and chickens and slowly reduce our beef eating habits and our dairy (at least cow milk dairy) needs.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It is true that beans make many people flatulent and with seven and a half billion people living right now I guess we may rival cows for methane emissions.

Nevertheless we will need less cultivated land if we stop eating cow. Chickens need a lot less land ber Kg of tasty yummy chicken meat produced and beans are considerably more efficient that chickens at making calories and protein than chickens are.

So lets do solar and wind and beans and chickens and slowly reduce our beef eating habits and our dairy (at least cow milk dairy) needs.

But cows taste nicer than beans.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
But cows taste nicer than beans.

I admit that cow meat in nice hot chilli beans does taste good but the beans are good even without cow meat.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I admit that cow meat in nice hot chilli beans does taste good but the beans are good even without cow meat.

Just not as good as the cow meat without the beans.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I prefer chilli beans to cow meat alone.

Every day untold numbers of vegetables are murdered by the supposedly peaceful vegetarians. Stop the violence. Eat bacon.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Every day untold numbers of vegetables are murdered by the supposedly peaceful vegetarians. Stop the violence. Eat bacon.

Amen.

But I still like to eat vegetables as well as meats

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Amen.

But I still like to eat vegetables as well as meats

I eat quite a lot of vegetables even if somewhat indirectly. I don't care for the taste of grass so eat it via a middleman of sorts. It's called a cow. It eats the grass, then passes on the nutritional value of the grass to me when I eat it.

Top Bottom