Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Hillary and Obama have blessed all Christians by giving them a new name!
Yes you heard it here first folks!
Our loving former president Obama and our "should have been president" Hillary have officially referred to "Christians" as "Easter Worshippers"
What do you think about the new change?
Yay or nay?
a76beb1ad7640987b535c05bbfae29f9.jpg

9e276c2c53523d01a04d5801f3984ddd.jpg

Last edited:

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
However, we see that it is still PC and appropriate to refer to Islam as the "Muslim Community"...
121e3390ae8feca842b2caa995033407.jpg

b73b7f879d54365131685dc1381a6365.jpg

Last edited:

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
No surprise that both Ben Shapiro and David Wood (both straight white male conservatives! Grrrrr!) and probably even more don't agree with this new and exciting change for Christians!
https://youtu.be/LODTIBMFN-c

[MENTION=60]MoreCoffee[/MENTION] ;)

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Personally, I still don't quite understand why we're called Christians instead of God followers.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I still don't quite understand why we're called Christians instead of God followers.
Perhaps a cursory reading of the book of Acts will resolve your question.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Since Easter is a derivation on the fertility goddess, Aster, I find the term "Easter Worshippers" to be a twist of truth. Why former President Obama and Hillary Clinton chose that term is not fully clear. Since Roman Catholics refer to Resurrection Sunday as Easter and many of the victims were Roman Catholic, perhaps they thought the phrase "Easter Worshippers" was appropriate.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Since Easter is a derivation on the fertility goddess, Aster, I find the term "Easter Worshippers" to be a twist of truth. Why former President Obama and Hillary Clinton chose that term is not fully clear. Since Roman Catholics refer to Resurrection Sunday as Easter and many of the victims were Roman Catholic, perhaps they thought the phrase "Easter Worshippers" was appropriate.

I suspect when Muslims are attacked it fits the agenda, but when Muslims are the aggressors it kinda breaks the message they want to push.

Needless to say the Babylon Bee didn't miss a chance here....

https://babylonbee.com/news/hillary-clinton-shouts-easter-worshipers-at-wheel-of-fortune-puzzle
https://babylonbee.com/news/infographic-guide-to-alternative-names-for-world-religions

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Perhaps a cursory reading of the book of Acts will resolve your question.

Fair point. Allow me to rephrase my statement. "I still don't quite understand why the apostles accepted to be called 'Christians' if Jesus told them to obey and pray to God The Father". If anything, they should have taken the names Elohimians or YHWHians.

YourTruthGod

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fair point. Allow me to rephrase my statement. "I still don't quite understand why the apostles accepted to be called 'Christians' if Jesus told them to obey and pray to God The Father". If anything, they should have taken the names Elohimians or YHWHians.

They were called Christians, but those who believed in Jesus were also called Follower of the Way.

Acts 24:14 However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets,

Acts 9:2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem.

Acts 19:9 But some of them became obstinate; they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way. So Paul left them. He took the disciples with him and had discussions daily in the lecture hall of Tyrannus.

Acts 19:23 [ The Riot in Ephesus ] About that time there arose a great disturbance about the Way.

Acts 24:22 Then Felix, who was well acquainted with the Way, adjourned the proceedings. “When Lysias the commander comes,” he said, “I will decide your case.”

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Providence [emoji16]

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Some have translated the passage where Christians are first called Christians this way: After he found him, he brought him to Antioch. For a whole year they met with the church and taught a great many people, and it was first in Antioch that the disciples were by divine providence called Christians. Acts 11:26 The words "by divine providence" are implied but not explicitly stated in the Greek of the passage.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Top Bottom