Put a Hater on "Ignore" Day.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Since I was maybe 10 years old, I've never put anyone on my "ignore" list. And I have no intention of doing so.

But there IS wisdom in not responding to false prophets..... sometimes attempting to correct them (as yeah the Bible tells us to do) only gives them an opportunity to shout their lies. I think of Jesus at the Temptation; He did not argue, He simply quoted (verbatim) the WORDS of Scripture and left it there.

People come to a site like this with an agenda (VERY rarely stated). There are many such agendas. One of them is to proclaim some idea they have come up with that is unorthodox and contrary to well-established biblical teaching. They often think themselves uniquely led by God and uniquely smart and uniquely have an individual mandate to present their heresy. SOMETIMES (well, I can think of an example or two) there's enough humility and faith that they can be taught. But often the egoism and individualism is SO intense, SO dominate, that (like Satan) God Himself is wasting His breath and time (they are simply smarter than God or view themselves, unqiuely, individually, as the Mouth, the Voice of God which God must agree with). They believe all must humbly submit - but that doesn't apply to them toward God but to everyone (including God) to them. Such false teachers are best ignored- although I admit and confess I often lack the wisdom to do that.

When do you celebrate your 11th birthday, Josiah? [emoji16]

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
... which seems like a good reason to put them on ignore.

Sometimes discussing seems like casting pearls before swine. It's said that there's no point trying to teach a pig to sing, because it wastes your time and annoys the pig. Hence the ignore list, for the times I don't even want to see what someone is writing because the chance are high it will be unrewarding to read and unproductive to address.
[emoji16]
0db28fc352aef270834bed66f3130a33.jpg

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
That's right. We have Earth Day, and now its also Put a Hater on Ignore Day.

The idea is to clean up the forums by putting the provocateurs on Ignore, at least for a week to see how much the forums can be improved. Please join in.
Who came up with this idea?

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Who came up with this idea?
Don't know. It seems like a long time ago now when those posts were created, but as I recall it now, what you are referring to was written "tongue in cheek."

Top Bottom