Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Any time we lose anything historical it is a loss for all

Except to a large extent it isn't. If an ancient monument in one country is lost it isn't much of a loss for the people who will never visit the country and never see the monument. It's sad when something that has stood for centuries is lost but it doesn't inherently follow that everybody loses because of it.

It's not as if literature about a monument (which is as close as many people will ever come to the monument) is lost at the same time.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
It is looking more and more like arson...

There have been hundreds of attacks on Churches in France of late...

This one is just the latest...

Arsenios

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It is looking more and more like arson...

There have been hundreds of attacks on Churches in France of late...

This one is just the latest...

Arsenios

The French news says it was accidental and likely caused by something that happened in the work of restoration already in progress.

YourTruthGod

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It burns after 800 years on the first day of Holy Week...

Lord have Mercy!

Arsenios

Hello friend,

Just want to say that I understand the pride in the Catholic churches. They are such beautiful buildings. It had a bit of a hold on me for a while. You have to know though that it is wrong, right?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Hello friend,

Just want to say that I understand the pride in the Catholic churches. They are such beautiful buildings. It had a bit of a hold on me for a while. You have to know though that it is wrong, right?

He's not a Catholic. :)

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

YourTruthGod

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I disagree. As I said before, it has no impact at all on my life

After I learned all that I did about God's Truth, I don't ever want to step foot in a Catholic church ever again.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
After I learned all that I did about God's Truth, I don't ever want to step foot in a Catholic church ever again.

The feeling may be mutual; it is possible that no priest would ever want to see you do so again :p

YourTruthGod

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The feeling may be mutual; it is possible that no priest would ever want to see you do so again :p

Let's talk about it. See if you could still like me while we are debating differences.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
I don't think this is the thread for this, frankly.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Let's talk about it. See if you could still like me while we are debating differences.

Pick a thread and give your debate proposal a go. I do not dislike you. I get chuckles out of some of your posts and that makes me glad :)

YourTruthGod

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pick a thread and give your debate proposal a go. I do not dislike you. I get chuckles out of some of your posts and that makes me glad :)

Where is the appropriate place on this site for a debate about Catholicism? I am glad what I say brings you gladness.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Where is the appropriate place on this site for a debate about Catholicism? I am glad what I say brings you gladness.

Either Christian Theology or World Religion & Speculative Theology depending on what you want to accomplish. But be aware, I have not promised to engage in a debate. I merely suggest that you pout forward your proposal and see what comes of it.

I like many people's posts when they make me chuckle. It does not mean that I share their point of view but it does mean that I chuckled because something about the post was worth a chuckle and that is always welcome. We get too many serious posts in CH because too many people post as if they were God's prophets informing us of his will for us.

YourTruthGod

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Either Christian Theology or World Religion & Speculative Theology depending on what you want to accomplish. But be aware, I have not promised to engage in a debate. I merely suggest that you pout forward your proposal and see what comes of it.

I like many people's posts when they make me chuckle. It does not mean that I share their point of view but it does mean that I chuckled because something about the post was worth a chuckle and that is always welcome. We get too many serious posts in CH because too many people post as if they were God's prophets informing us of his will for us.

So you don't know that God says to speak as if we are speaking the words of God?

1 Peter 4:11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God

Okay then, I will post in the World Religion & Speculative Theology forum.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

We don't really debate denominations here...

We do discuss doctrines and practices.

IF you have a specific doctrine to discuss, you may present it in either Christian doctrine or in Speculative Theology (depending on what it is and how you want it discussed; staff can help you). My recommendation is that you state the doctrine (you mentioned Catholicism; it is especially easy in this regard since its theology is well summerized in its Catechism). Then you can relate why you agree or disagree.... and see where the discussion goes. You will get further (and avoid talks from the Staff) if you only discuss the doctrine and not anyone participating in the thread (whether they are "for" or "against").

YourTruthGod

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We don't really debate denominations here...

We do discuss doctrines and practices.

IF you have a specific doctrine to discuss, you may present it in either Christian doctrine or in Speculative Theology (depending on what it is and how you want it discussed; staff can help you). My recommendation is that you state the doctrine (you mentioned Catholicism; it is especially easy in this regard since its theology is well summerized in its Catechism). Then you can relate why you agree or disagree.... and see where the discussion goes. You will get further (and avoid talks from the Staff) if you only discuss the doctrine and not anyone participating in the thread (whether they are "for" or "against").

You are wrong. This is the news center, and I can say why I don't care about that building burning.

Stop trying to control people who don't agree with you.

Top Bottom