Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
This gospel was recorded around 2,009 years after the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ by somebody who didn't see any of it - obviously - and just decided to record his impressions of what the four canonical gospels and other canonical holy scripture says on the topic of free will, heaven, hell, punishment, and forgiveness.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
This gospel was recorded around 2,009 years after the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ by somebody who didn't see any of it - obviously - and just decided to record his impressions of what the four canonical gospels and other canonical holy scripture says on the topic of free will, heaven, hell, punishment, and forgiveness.

Good video actually, the end justifies the means, "believe and tho shall have eternal life"

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Good video actually, the end justifies the means, "believe and tho shall have eternal life"

You left out the threat part - "do not believe and burn in hell."

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
You left out the threat part - "do not believe and burn in hell."
I thought it was "obey or burn in hell" and then God decides to suffer the penalty of the unjust at a discrete time and location so that only belief with no proof would save them... I'm sure the creator got a laugh out of that part in the video but I believe God made the perfect time and place for that exact reason

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I thought it was "obey or burn in hell" and then God decides to suffer the penalty of the unjust at a discrete time and location so that only belief with no proof would save them... I'm sure the creator got a laugh out of that part in the video but I believe God made the perfect time and place for that exact reason

It all comes down to "do as I say and heaven is yours or do what I say not to do and burn in hell"

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It all comes down to "do as I say and heaven is yours or do what I say not to do and burn in hell"
I get it but the little yellow angel tells God that he will be lonely because they all rebel, and the the little yellow angel says "what if you forgive them" and so it's all a matter of belief/faith...

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I get it but the little yellow angel tells God that he will be lonely because they all rebel, and the the little yellow angel says "what if you forgive them" and so it's all a matter of belief/faith...

The little angel (white head yellow ovoid body) is supposed to be Gabriel and he acts as the intelligent reasonable one while God acts like a complete idiot. I guess it is all in the way the story is told.

Last edited:

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The little angel (white head yellow ovoid body) is supposed to be Gabriel and he acts are the intelligent reasonable one while God acts like a complete idiot. I guess it is all in the way the story is told.
Well gee I couldnt tell it was satire ;)

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The channel you keep posting videos from belongs to an atheist. Yes, we get it, Christian theology doesn't make complete sense. I already know that. But to paraphrase the apostle Peter: where else shall we go, Lord? Live an atheistic life and accept a meaningless existence followed by eternal oblivion? Atheism is self-defeating and irrational. "We must live according to arbitrary moral rules although we are accumulations of matter without an ultimate purpose." "Why?" "Cause I, one of those accumulations of matter, think so." "Well, how did you come to that conclusion?" "By using my mind." "And what is your mind?" "It's the end result of a mindless unguided process." (Stephen Hawking's definition) "Well, then how can you trust it?"

Last edited:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The channel you keep posting videos from belongs to an atheist. Yes, we get it, Christian theology doesn't make complete sense. I already know that. But to paraphrase the apostle Peter: where else shall we go, Lord? Live an atheistic life and accept a meaningless existence followed by eternal oblivion? Atheism is self-defeating and irrational. "We must live according to arbitrary moral rules although we are accumulations of matter without an ultimate purpose." "Why?" "Cause I, one of those accumulations of matter think so." "Well, how did you come to that conclusion?" "By using my mind." "And what is your mind?" "It's the end result of a mindless unguided process." (Stephen Hawking's definition) "Well, then how can you trust it?"

You ought not trust it, not even though a holy book tells you to ... or was some other line of thought the line of thought you intended to end the post?

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
What do you mean?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
What do you mean?

What I mean is that saint Peter's question was not "where else shall we go Lord" because saint Peter was not asking what school of religious thought he should follow if he left following Jesus nor was he asking what place would be good to find a reliable and safe way to God. What saint Peter asked is "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life, and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God." (John 6:68-69) Saint Peter wanted to know to whom he should (or could) go to know the truth that God revealed. That is a question worth answering.

Top Bottom