Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
I have mentioned some stuff about racist Christians - but this theology is equally ludicrous. Well, it means well - and isn't hurting anyone's feelings - unless you're white - sometimes.

O.K. the main problem with it is that it paints God as not being neutral on economics. In other words, he or she is an active player - for leftist politics!

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
could you define what it is your talking about. I don't know what you mean by liberation theology?

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
I have mentioned some stuff about racist Christians - but this theology is equally ludicrous. Well, it means well - and isn't hurting anyone's feelings - unless you're white - sometimes.

O.K. the main problem with it is that it paints God as not being neutral on economics. In other words, he or she is an active player - for leftist politics!
Pope Francis is a liberation theology proponent.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Here are two definitions I found for Liberation theology:

A movement in Christian theology, developed mainly by Latin American Roman Catholics, that emphasizes liberation from social, political, and economic oppression as an anticipation of ultimate salvation.
(From Dictionary.com)

Broadly speaking, liberation theology is a social and political movement within the church that attempts to interpret the gospel of Jesus Christ through the lived experiences of oppressed people. https://www.uscatholic.org/articles/201410/what-liberation-theology-29433

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The Merriam-Webster definition comes more directly to the point, having no need to soften the meaning in order to protect any church leaders.

liberation theology noun

Definition of liberation theology
: a religious movement especially among Roman Catholic clergy in Latin America that combines political philosophy usually of a Marxist orientation with a theology of salvation as liberation from injustice

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
The Merriam-Webster definition comes more directly to the point, having no need to soften the meaning in order to protect any church leaders.

liberation theology noun

Definition of liberation theology
: a religious movement especially among Roman Catholic clergy in Latin America that combines political philosophy usually of a Marxist orientation with a theology of salvation as liberation from injustice
As I said, Pope Francis espouses Liberation Theology.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

no, the main problem is that it is total nonsense

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
As I said, Pope Francis espouses Liberation Theology.

That's rather common knowledge isn't it? Jorge Bergoglio had a lengthy record in extremist politics in Argentina before being made Pope Francis I.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Apparently, it's not exactly ''common knowledge,'' after all. Maybe just ''widely known.'' ;)

So I will document it for you as requested.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Apparently, it's not exactly ''common knowledge,'' after all. Maybe just ''widely known.'' ;)

So I will document it for you as requested.

We wait with anticipation .... for the documentation ... patiently ... ..... ....

For a long time it seems ....

waiting ....

5 hours later ....

still waiting ...

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We wait with anticipation .... for the documentation ... patiently ... ..... ....

For a long time it seems ....

waiting ....

5 hours later ....

still waiting ...

That's right. I was asleep. I often do that during the overnight hours.

I said that I would follow-up and I will. Unless, that is, you were just being your usual self and do not actually care to learn what you requested from me. Please advise.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

It's a nice story isn't it. Thanking a man aged 90 for his contributions towards the care of the poor ...

Pope Francis wished a happy 90th birthday to the “father of liberation theology” and thanked him for his contributions to the Catholic Church and his love for the poor.

As Dominican Fr Gustavo Gutierrez prepared to celebrate his birthday on June 8 [2018], Pope Francis assured him of his “prayers in this significant moment in your life.”

“Thank you for your efforts and for your way of challenging everyone’s conscience, so that no one remains indifferent to the tragedy of poverty and exclusion,” the Pope wrote.

Top Bottom