Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I refuse to drive in Pittsburgh those narrow streets are a nightmare

Philadelphia has narrow roads too! I think Minneapolis and St. Paul aren't as bad and even Indy isn't as tight of a squeeze. I'm trying to remember other cities where I've driven on the side roads.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
St Swithin's Ln, London, EC4. Part of the financial district. One of the magnificent looking buildings along this road is the office of the merchant bank NM Rothschild. I wouldn't want to drive anything too big along here.

https://goo.gl/maps/bizaja2wW472

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Austin Friars is even more fun. No wider but it twists around and then just stops. It's about the only place in London where a black cab driver has ever asked if I need him to actually take me to the door or if he can drop me off nearby. If you want to go to the door they have to take you unless there's a reason they can refuse you as a ride at all but they really won't thank you for it.

Sadly I can't find a Google Street View picture of it.

Kaynil

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I had to learn the hard way about the escalator etiquette in my last job when having to take a train from and to home. To get to the station in the city you needed to go through an escalator and it was pretty crowded. I soon learned to just stop behind the line and make sure my bag or anything wasn't in the way of people that wanted to walk up and that if anyone was walking up and I had people behind I better move up too even if I am not ina hurry unless it is wide enough for me to step aside.

I understand the hurry in a train station, but I feel in general some people are pretty impatient and rude. It might seem like common sense for people using packed elevators, but some people seem to think that they are only for you to walk faster up and that standing at all is rude even if they can walk around you. Elevators are good for older people or people with disabilities and helps you so it is not as tiring. I don't really agree you are supposed to do a power walk on every escalator. If there is not people, I like standing and just let it do its thing. Some got a nice view and I really don't want to be ina hurry when no one is expecting me to where I am going.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I had to learn the hard way about the escalator etiquette in my last job when having to take a train from and to home. To get to the station in the city you needed to go through an escalator and it was pretty crowded. I soon learned to just stop behind the line and make sure my bag or anything wasn't in the way of people that wanted to walk up and that if anyone was walking up and I had people behind I better move up too even if I am not ina hurry unless it is wide enough for me to step aside.

I understand the hurry in a train station, but I feel in general some people are pretty impatient and rude. It might seem like common sense for people using packed elevators, but some people seem to think that they are only for you to walk faster up and that standing at all is rude even if they can walk around you. Elevators are good for older people or people with disabilities and helps you so it is not as tiring. I don't really agree you are supposed to do a power walk on every escalator. If there is not people, I like standing and just let it do its thing. Some got a nice view and I really don't want to be ina hurry when no one is expecting me to where I am going.

If there's space to move aside and let people pass it seems like bad form not to use it. If there isn't space and someone is in a rush, too bad for them I guess. It's really no different to being in a car - the fact the person behind wants to go faster doesn't oblige you to go faster, but if it's safe to let them pass it doesn't hurt to do it.

Top Bottom