Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
We sound the same when it comes to emotions. I am exactly like that too. Andrew, I am so sad to hear that you are going through that with your mom. Do you mind saying what kind of cancer and if she is getting better? My mom died of lung cancer, and yes, she smoked. My dad got diagnosed with cancer a couple of years after she died. He had multiple myeloma and died about six months later. I could hardly believe that happened to my family. I am glad to hear you are getting stronger that is amazing!
Non Hodgkins T Cell Lymphoma, it's incredibly rare but so is my Mom :)
Thankfully the president allowed a new treatment for this rare cancer and it's already extending the lives of these patients, it was underground (the treatment) but the check ins show people with this rare stage 4 cancer going on 15 to 20 years strong!
I'm sorry for the loss of your mother and father, smoking has taken a few of my loved ones away, I kicked the habit multiple times but I'm back at it again :( no excuses, I just need to quit

YourTruthGod

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thankfully the president allowed a new treatment for this rare cancer and it's already extending the lives of these patients, it was underground (the treatment) but the check ins show people with this rare stage 4 cancer going on 15 to 20 years strong!
I'm sorry for the loss of your mother and father, smoking has taken a few of my loved ones away, I kicked the habit multiple times but I'm back at it again :( no excuses, I just need to quit

Can you believe it that experimental drugs couldn't be tried until recently? I am so glad your mom has such a promising outcome.
I smoked and Jesus took the desire away from me immediately, and then something bad happened and I went back to smoking. I felt so ashamed that Jesus took it from me without any withdraw symptoms and then I had the nerve to go back to it. After a couple of years of smoking and trying to quit, one day the guilt got to me so bad that I told Jesus I would stop and this time for good and that I didn't deserve to have the desire removed miraculous. I asked if he would forgive me. After I was done praying, for some reason I wondered what day it was. The day was exactly the day two years earlier that I started smoking again. So it meant to me that Jesus was saying he forgave me and it was as if it never happened.
I hope you can make sense out of that. lol

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I had oral cancer in 2017 which is a smoker's disease and I've never smoked in my life. I was around second hand smoke often for the first 23 years of my life though. If you want to lose part of your tongue, then keep on smoking. It's a great possibility to get some form of cancer because of smoking: lung cancer, esophageal cancer, bladder cancer.

I was fortunate that I caught my cancer early. If I hadn't, I would have needed to have more of my tongue removed which would have meant them taking an area from another part of my body to form a new tongue and if it didn't work I'd have to go through it again. I would have needed speech therapy, chemo, radiation, all kinds of things. I would never have been able to sing again and most people wouldn't be able to understand me if the cancer had been worse. So God spared me. I pray he spares you as well. So stop smoking! It's not worth what could happen.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Thanks for the encouragement! Addiction can be overcome by the Spirit of the Lord, I too had the curse lifted without any side effects but it eventually re entered my life and I know that it's a dragon/giant I must face, with the Lords help it can be done and I know the sooner the better, I've quit many times before but im just tired of it coming back in my life, plus who knows what kind of chemicals they put in tobacco these days!

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have not selected any hymns for my funeral. I trust my husband and children to select hymns that express the faith. Now, for my husband, the Pastor, we are going to need a hymn fest There are so many he wants.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the encouragement! Addiction can be overcome by the Spirit of the Lord, I too had the curse lifted without any side effects but it eventually re entered my life and I know that it's a dragon/giant I must face, with the Lords help it can be done and I know the sooner the better, I've quit many times before but im just tired of it coming back in my life, plus who knows what kind of chemicals they put in tobacco these days!
I smoked from the time I was 14 till I was 60 and it was so hard, I quit many times. The only thing that helped was Chantix, I smoked on the patchs, the gum, all of it and I have COPD to show for it. I am thankful every day that with Gods help and Chantix I was able to quit

Top Bottom