Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Just got back from the doctor. I got a heel contusion from trail running on Sunday. He gave me an insert for my shoe to give the heel some cushion

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Tried a new type of mortar today. The first attempt with mortar was not only frustrating to apply but then added frustration as it dried very sandy, to the point I could literally poke it with the end of my trowel and watch it crumble. So I took the mix back to the shop and asked what I was doing wrong. They mixed some to make sure it wasn't faulty, so I tried it they way they mixed it and got the same results - no chance of it sticking to the back of my trowel and it dried very sandy.

A friend who has experience in construction gave me some better mortar and so far I'm doing OK with it. It's not as sticky as the cement I've been using but it's useable. He also gave me a useful pointer that the old concrete blocks can suck moisture out of mortar too fast, so I made a point of wetting everything more than I had previously. And now we wait for the latest batch to set to see what happens.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Walk in the woods yesterday, exploring a new trail. Two trails are supposed to link up but the link stage involves two river crossings with no bridge. I spoke to the park manager about it when I got back. Hopefully there will be a volunteer work day in the near future - I told him I'm happy to help with the work if there's something organised to do it, because I'd really like that loop to be open. I have no experience at all with using a chainsaw or with felling trees or I'd volunteer to go out there with one of his foresters and make it all happen. It will be a really nice trail once it's all joined up, and mean that one of my out-and-back walks will become more interesting. All in I chalked up 15000 steps and 93 floors, which was nice.

Now I just got back from my regular walk around town with my wife. It's good to be out in the fresh air again, I really miss that over the winter.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I rode my bike (hooked up to a trainer) and am waiting for the weather to warm up so I can go walking this afternoon. Going to eat lunch soon.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
5 people quit, working 12 days straight so if I'm not around much well now you know why :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
5 people quit, working 12 days straight so if I'm not around much well now you know why :)

Wow!! Things must be tense there!

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
I have been socked by a nasty cold. Apparently that's what sunshine does to me. [emoji41]
I am thankful I can work remotely. When I get a cold it's a doozy for exactly 7 days and then it's done. Day 4...

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have been socked by a nasty cold. Apparently that's what sunshine does to me. [emoji41]
I am thankful I can work remotely. When I get a cold it's a doozy for exactly 7 days and then it's done. Day 4...

It was predestined to happen this week, right?

Seriously, hope you feel better soon.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
It was predestined to happen this week, right?

Seriously, hope you feel better soon.
It certainly was ordained by God according to His purpose. I had gone for about 3 years without a cold so it was time. I was a bit cocky. [emoji16]

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Get well soon, Menno!

I just got back from taking care of the neighbor's pets this morning. They were all so happy to see me!

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Wow!! Things must be tense there!
Nah not really, besides being short handed. 1 guy quit because he supposably found another job, then of course his girl friend just had to quit too, another girl took a birthday vacation and never returned, another quit but im not sure why, and the new guys never show up for work and don't call in ever but every once in a while :/
I expect turn arounds at fast food places, I thought I would have found another job by now as well, but I always put in a 2 weeks notice or until I can train someone

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Nah not really, besides being short handed. 1 guy quit because he supposably found another job, then of course his girl friend just had to quit too, another girl took a birthday vacation and never returned, another quit but im not sure why, and the new guys never show up for work and don't call in ever but every once in a while :/
I expect turn arounds at fast food places, I thought I would have found another job by now as well, but I always put in a 2 weeks notice or until I can train someone

It's good to put in your notice, unless you've got the kind of manager who routinely fires people for turning in notice in which case it's hardly surprising people ghost him.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm eagerly awaiting warmer weather. Road noise is really getting to me. Despite having triple glazed windows I can hear the sounds of people talking as they walk past the house so the trucks going past really grate. I think the problem is the guy who fitted the windows did a really bad job. I'm hoping the windows themselves aren't substandard but at present can't rule anything out. If not for the fact the windows are coming up to 7 years old I'd seriously consider legal action against the guy who supplied and fitted them - as far as I can tell he has cut every corner it's possible to cut and then some (to give just one example, despite charging $150 to fit three windows in one room he didn't even seal around the windowsills and so far just about every window I've checked has had drafts coming in around it where he didn't seal it properly).

What I think I'm going to have to do is take every single window out, seal the frame properly, and then refit every single one. I may have to rope in a friend or two to help me with it. Usually friends are happy to help me because my normal payment method involves getting some of my unusual beers out of the basement, and people know I like to buy a case at a time of interesting beers and leave them to age. I've got a few bottles down there that have been aging for some years now.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
It certainly was ordained by God according to His purpose. I had gone for about 3 years without a cold so it was time. I was a bit cocky. [emoji16]

For sure. At times, though, I wonder "Come on, God, really...?"
And the answer comes "where were you when..." and I shut up and take it :D

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
For sure. At times, though, I wonder "Come on, God, really...?"
And the answer comes "where were you when..." and I shut up and take it :D
Matthew 5:44-45
But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

(He makes the cold virus attack the Menno and the Imaginary...) [emoji41]

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Waiting for my daughter to get home from jury duty (the judge dismissed everyone) because she's bringing me Thai food for lunch! Yum.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Waiting for my daughter to get home from jury duty (the judge dismissed everyone) because she's bringing me Thai food for lunch! Yum.

Let's play "Fun With Grammar"!

Waiting for my daughter to get home from jury duty. The judge dismissed everyone because she's bringing me Thai food for lunch! Yum.

Question - Who's bringing home the Thai food in the re-arranged sentence?

Better yet:

Waiting for my daughter to get home from jury duty, the judge dismissed everyone because she's bringing me Thai food for lunch! Yum.

In that instance, it's clearly the judge bringing Lamm the Thai food.

:D

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Let's play "Fun With Grammar"!

Waiting for my daughter to get home from jury duty. The judge dismissed everyone because she's bringing me Thai food for lunch! Yum.

Question - Who's bringing home the Thai food in the re-arranged sentence?

Better yet:

Waiting for my daughter to get home from jury duty, the judge dismissed everyone because she's bringing me Thai food for lunch! Yum.

In that instance, it's clearly the judge bringing Lamm the Thai food.

:D

Are you that bored? :scratchchin:

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You have to admit that was creative :)

Removing the section from parentheses turned a clear sentence into all sorts of potentially ambiguous alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom