Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I think I may have sprained my ankle yesterday. It was hurting bad this morning, but feels a little better now. I got new shoes yesterday and the added support helps. I was out trailing running and tripped over some tree roots

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Tried using mortar instead of cement to fill a couple of larger gaps in my wall. I hate mortar. Cement can be made so it's sticky enough to stick to my trowel until it's where I want it to me. Mortar doesn't do that, it just falls right off the trowel. Because it just falls off it's much harder to apply - the only way I could find to do it was to put my slate against the wall and scrape it off the slate into the gap. Of course since the gap has an open back it takes a load of mortar before it starts to bind on the sides. I bought an 80lb bag of mortar mix, I've probably used 10lb of it, and already I'm thinking of throwing the rest out and going back to my cement. It's about six times the price weight-for-weight but I use less of it, I don't drop as much of it on the floor, and it's so much easier to work with.

I also sprayed a load of foam into a gap I think is causing me some heat loss. I just hope I get at least one cold morning so I can look to see if my warm spot on the thermal camera is still there.

Mozzie

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
A skin? What is the skin for?
I have two boards of my own, i have a graphics support board where i help others with banners and logos and forum graphics and stuff like that, i also do themes for boards.

The other board is my research board about Prophecy and Bible archeology and pretty much everything and i am in the process of planning a scroll type skin for that one.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I have two boards of my own, i have a graphics support board where i help others with banners and logos and forum graphics and stuff like that, i also do themes for boards.

The other board is my research board about Prophecy and Bible archeology and pretty much everything and i am in the process of planning a scroll type skin for that one.
I would love to have you start a thread and hear what your thoughts are on prophecy

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Got back from getting groceries and am eating breakfast.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just went for a walk around town with my wife. It's about three miles. Maybe tomorrow I'll go for my walk in the mountains. I miss the mountains but with the cold weather and all the snow and ice I don't feel like navigating steep rocky paths. It doesn't seem like a good place to slip and break something - nigh on impossible to get carried out of there and with the tree cover it's not even as if a helicopter could get in there very easily.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just went for a walk around town with my wife. It's about three miles. Maybe tomorrow I'll go for my walk in the mountains. I miss the mountains but with the cold weather and all the snow and ice I don't feel like navigating steep rocky paths. It doesn't seem like a good place to slip and break something - nigh on impossible to get carried out of there and with the tree cover it's not even as if a helicopter could get in there very easily.

It's still too mushy where I live to go out on any trails. Be careful!

Mozzie

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I would love to have you start a thread and hear what your thoughts are on prophecy
Was thinking about that, i have just finished doing some interesting research about the final world empire, the UN verses to EU, ill add parts of that in a study article here in the next few days

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's still too mushy where I live to go out on any trails. Be careful!

Since it will be my first time in the mountains in some months I will probably choose an easier trail to start out, to get the feel of what conditions are like and also to avoid the worst of the steep sections. My go-to hike is basically three miles up the side of the mountain, along the ridge and back down. A secondary hike is an out-and-back (there are variations but I don't care for the obvious one, and others are overgrown) and it's a total of about six miles of rolling hills.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Enjoyed a botanical garden, a rousing game of miniature golf, and a delicious meal of fresh fish near the warf. It is refreshing to be on holiday.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I set my phone to reader mode and am getting used to it... Perhaps i'll just keep it on permanently for now on

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
I'm at a coffee house working on a final exam and listening to "Coffee Table Jazz" on Spotify.

So... What are you doing? :)

Remembering that OP that started it all. That final exam I turned in became a life changer for me. It woke me up to realizing just how much I was throwing certain things away in life, and how much i was willing to fight for my own self-respect - even when I created the circumstances. Even when we screw up, we are still deserving of dignity and respect. Fight for it, but admit responsibility.

JPPT1974

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Watching that of in the NFL Network there!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's sunny but chilly. I'm going to give it a little longer to warm up, then go take a walk in the woods. It's been so long since I went for a walk in the woods, I'm really looking forward to it. I love the sense of solitude out there, when I can walk for miles and not see another person. This particular walk stays largely within earshot of the road - not a busy road but close enough to hear what little traffic there is. The walks I really like don't even have that - you'd be forgiven for thinking you'd left civilisation behind.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Remembering that OP that started it all. That final exam I turned in became a life changer for me. It woke me up to realizing just how much I was throwing certain things away in life, and how much i was willing to fight for my own self-respect - even when I created the circumstances. Even when we screw up, we are still deserving of dignity and respect. Fight for it, but admit responsibility.

Very true on many counts.

If you've messed up, own the decision and fix it to the extent you are able. If you don't like your circumstances do something to change them.

Kudos to you for doing all of the above.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm really tired today. Yesterday I had real coffee at noon (I've been drinking mostly decaf except for once a week allowing caffeine) and I could not sleep because I was too jumpy. I can't believe how caffeine affects me like that. So it was hard doing a workout but I don't really want to sleep either.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

5be9bfd3beb670402a492704-480-360.jpg

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Got back from my walk in the woods. It was slower going than normal because of the snow but it was exactly what I needed. I love being in the woods. At first I wasn't sure if the trails would be passable but I figured as long as there were boot prints in the snow it should be OK. And then I figured if I couldn't get to the end of the trail I'd hope to find a tree stump or something I could sit on and just enjoy the snow.

My fitbit currently reports 13,000 steps and 55 floors. First time in a while I've gone over 10,000 steps or 50 floors.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Still reading "My God is True" by Paul D Wolfe. It's only 145 pages, yet it is packed with truths that will give peace to the soul who is hurting.
I find that there are some things I have learned on my own, going through the fiery trials, but there is so much valuable scripture to back our faith in a God who is 100% in control of everything that happens.
Exodus 4:11
Then the Lord said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the Lord?
Deuteronomy 32:39
See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.
1 Samuel 2:6-8
The Lord kills and brings to life; he brings down to Sheol and raises up. The Lord makes poor and makes rich; he brings low and he exalts. He raises up the poor from the dust; he lifts the needy from the ash heap to make them sit with princes and inherit a seat of honor. For the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s, and on them he has set the world.
Ecclesiastes 7:13-14
Consider the work of God: who can make straight what he has made crooked? In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider: God has made the one as well as the other, so that man may not find out anything that will be after him.
Isaiah 45:5-6
I am the Lord, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I equip you, though you do not know me, that people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the Lord, and there is no other.
Lamentations 3:37-38
Who has spoken and it came to pass, unless the Lord has commanded it? Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that good and bad come?
Amos 3:6 Is a trumpet blown in a city, and the people are not afraid? Does disaster come to a city, unless the Lord has done it?
Yet we can find joy in our God, even when trials come.
Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer’s; he makes me tread on my high places.
Psalm 27:4-5
One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple. For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock.
Psalm 73:25-26
Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Philippians 3:7-8
But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom