Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I saw on FB that a restaurant in town was open today so we went there to use our gift card and had a great meal.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Planning some electrical work that will let me get rid of some more nasty cabling. I had to think about the best way to do it, and managed to make my electrician friend's head hurt when I was explaining my idea to him to make sure there wasn't anything inherently wrong with it. I stopped work on it last night because the light was failing and the work involved disconnecting the only light I had in the room. Had I started that phase and not been able to finish it before bed it would have left us with a few lights not working at all, which we didn't want to deal with. This morning I woke up and realised I have an easy way of testing what I'm doing to make sure it will work before I start pulling things out of the breaker panel.

The forecast is for rain later today so I'm going to go for my walk around town first, then start tinkering with wires again.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Watching Lottery Dream Home.

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I just posted the final dialog for the Clue Game. Has anyone read it through yet?

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I got my electrical work done yesterday and just about everything works now. I say "just about" - there's a single light that was connected in a way I didn't expect and doesn't work now, because it was connected to a section of old knob-and-tube wiring that isn't there any more. What it does mean is that what I previously called "big ugly circuit" on the breaker panel is now the downstairs lights and nothing more. Some of the circuit is still pretty ugly but it's well on the way to being replaced. In the attic I had an elderly fuse box that used screw-in fuses. For the longest time I figured it was a historical artifact because I had a proper breaker panel in the basement, until I managed to blow one of the fuses in it. Anyway, now that is totally disconnected as well. It's still physically on the wall but now has no wires leading in or out of it. The single core of knob-and-tube that used to run across the attic, joining one circuit into the neutral of another, is now coiled up in my box of dead cable. And another section of nasty armored cable that was just hung loosely across my basement is now also coiled up in the box of dead cable.

What this also means is that I can proceed with the next job of lifting the floor over the next upstairs room to get trashed. And once that room is trashed and rebuilt I can rebuild the room below it, move some things back into it, and gain some living space back. I'm just going to need to get some more boards because I need to lift the floor above to get the cellulose insulation out and then, once the ceiling comes down, there's nothing to stop the few bugs that are still getting into the attic from getting into the room below. I've mostly stopped the bugs getting into the attic but still get mud wasps in there every once in a while.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Who knew this was in Nebraska?
Scottsbluff
5ee5ec6e9c14fee6b14fc6c02d8f9fc5.jpg

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have never been to Nebraska, Menno. I have friends who have family there and they say there isn't much to do in the state?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I decided to go back to the church I am a member of that I haven't actually been to since March.
I'm having a sleep study done tonight to determine what is going wrong with my cpap sleep apnea treatment. I have had poor control of my sleep apnea lately

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Just tinkering with some odds and ends. At the moment I'm looking into the best way to build a simple router table. At this stage I don't need anything big and unwieldy, I just want to be able to cut pretty edges on pieces of wood that will become picture frames.

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I did, but then I am a native Nebraskan. The state is not flat as everyone seems to think it is.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Just finished a 7 mile hike to Ouzel Falls in RMNP.
544e3cdb05479c160be367e12bafa013.jpg

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Looks nice. Is that a 7-mile round trip or was it another 7 miles to get back to wherever you started?

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Looks nice. Is that a 7-mile round trip or was it another 7 miles to get back to wherever you started?
Round trip. Would have been 2 miles shorter but the trailhead parking lot was full and the overflow is a mile down the road.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Round trip. Would have been 2 miles shorter but the trailhead parking lot was full and the overflow is a mile down the road.

Interesting that you got an unobstructed picture. Usually if the trailhead parking is full it's a good sign the attraction will be crowded.

Although I remember the time I went to see the Roaring Fork Falls in NC (can't be any more specific than that) where there was space to park maybe three cars, and the sign pointing up the trail said "Falls .5 mile". While I was changing my regular shoes for hiking boots two cars arrived, looked at the sign, and drove away. I can only assume they missed the decimal point and thought it was 5 miles to the falls. I got there with my friend and had the place to ourselves. Really rather nice.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Interesting that you got an unobstructed picture. Usually if the trailhead parking is full it's a good sign the attraction will be crowded.

Although I remember the time I went to see the Roaring Fork Falls in NC (can't be any more specific than that) where there was space to park maybe three cars, and the sign pointing up the trail said "Falls .5 mile". While I was changing my regular shoes for hiking boots two cars arrived, looked at the sign, and drove away. I can only assume they missed the decimal point and thought it was 5 miles to the falls. I got there with my friend and had the place to ourselves. Really rather nice.
The trail was busy, but it was also an entry point for wilderness backpacking so there may be a number of cars that are there because the occupants are out for multiple days. I ran into hikers from multiple states and foreign countries. It was fun to chat with so many hikers.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I found a design for a simple router table so started cutting pieces ready to make it. I just need to figure out how best to attach my dust extraction system to it.

I also tidied up a piece of the former attic floor, ready to be cut into my first picture frame. Hoping it will turn out OK.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Took a drive over a 12,000 ft pass today. Beautiful scenery.
97c2802356c860dcfc862e79fdbdbe70.jpg

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That's beautiful.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Spent a good chunk of the morning dealing with a client. They had managed to trigger a feature in my software that meant they needed my help, and I had to refresh my memory just what it was that they needed. But it turns out they have another confirmed order, which is nice.

I just got done preparing a little more of my router table. I had to visit the hardware store to get some longer bolts to secure the router to the underside of the table. My smaller router (the battery powered one) is easy - the bolts were quickly identified. The larger one, that takes mains power, was a problem. It needed a non-standard bolt that I can't get locally. If I can't find one elsewhere I'll have to look at making them. I'd really rather not have to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom