Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I use cough drops which seem to help and my coughs tend to linger as well but I smoked for 40 years and I have always attributed it to that

The menthol in cough drops makes my heart race so I don't use those. I took an antihistamine this morning which normally you aren't supposed to do for a cough (it thickens the mucous) but I think it's helping along with the magnesium I took. I'll take more magnesium before bed tonight too.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I am glad something is helping

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Got some electrical work done. It was really tedious, given that getting from one side of a wall to the other means a trip around much of the house, all the while keeping the cat contained so I don't have to worry whether a piece of debris looks sufficiently like a mouse to get attacked. I chalked up 5000+ steps and 51 flights of stairs so far, and the only time I left the house was to visit the hardware store to get a couple of parts.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I got a good night's sleep with no coughing :) Now I'm waiting for my daughter to leave for work so I can get laundry started.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Horrible weather today, glad I got the windows done when I did. Still got downstairs windows to see to but leaning out of upstairs windows is hopefully a thing of the past now.

When the rain eases off I'm off to the hardware store to choose a ceiling fan for our bedroom. Getting at the space above the ceiling was easier than I expected, so I'm going to go straight for the ceiling fan option rather than just putting in a light for now and a ceiling fan later. It's going to be a while before I my demolition reaches our bedroom and it will be nice to have a ceiling fan in the meantime. I'm going to get a second one so I can put it in the guest bedroom, although it won't be an instant process to get at that. All the stuff that was in the attic space over our bedroom is now in the space over the guest bedroom, so I'm going to have to lay my nice new boards over our room, move everything back, then start lifting boards over the guest bedroom.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We'll be getting Tango's rain soon and I wanted to get outside first and do some weeding around the landscape before it starts. Time to get up and move.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Don't know if it's the same rain or not :)

It didn't last anywhere near as long as forecast, nor did the promised thunderstorms appear this afternoon. I got my ceiling fans chosen, with suitably strong back boxes to support them. Now I just need to get busy and fit them. The first will be relatively easy, the second will take longer because of having to move so much stuff before I can do much of anything.

The light I updated earlier this week was a challenge because my hole saw didn't have anything for the center bit to drill into. Normally the center bit goes a short way into the material and prevents the circular section from skipping sideways. Without that it took a few goes to get it going where I wanted it, because as soon as some teeth made contact with the ceiling the whole thing tried to jump sideways. As soon as it started to bite into the ceiling it was just a question of holding it steady and pushing it up until I'd gone through everything. The ceiling fan could also be interesting because all I'm drilling through is a 3/4" thick ceiling tile. Hopefully the center will hold it sufficiently firmly that it doesn't skip and gouge the tile. Maybe I can get that piece of work done this weekend.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Listening to music and not getting involved any longer in threads on baptism. I think that one has jumped the shark
203.gif

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Doing some Admin stuff and wondering if I should have my husband run out in the rain and get me a Latte for Mother's Day ;)

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
lol sounds right

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Making dinner...just got back from the doctor office where I had my routine scope and everything went well!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Got a bunch more stuff done on the house. Ceiling fan fitted in our bedroom, two lights rewired, and about 300 square feet of replacement flooring cut to size and put in place. Much sweat expended. I could really do with getting at the electrics in the bathroom to get that updated, what's in the crawl space above the bathroom is pretty ugly. If I can get that done I can also replace the sockets with GFCI sockets while I'm there. That can only be a good thing.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Listening to music and not getting involved any longer in threads on baptism. I think that one has jumped the shark
203.gif
Reading this post and shaking my head with sadness.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Reading this post and shaking my head with sadness.

Well...

Urban Dictionary said:
The beginning of the end. Something is said to have "jumped the shark" when it has reached its peak and begun a downhill slide to...oblivion.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Contemplating whether to replace a section of cable or not, and thinking about how best to run the cable to provide lighting for downstairs.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We didn't get the rain we were supposed to get this weekend so now I have to use the sprinkler on our 1 acre lawn today and tomorrow to water in the Grubex my husband put down on the lawn. We had grubs a few years ago that decimated our front lawn and we don't want that to happen again. But I'm mad that the weathermen were dead wrong in the forecast...multiple times this weekend!!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We didn't get the rain we were supposed to get this weekend so now I have to use the sprinkler on our 1 acre lawn today and tomorrow to water in the Grubex my husband put down on the lawn. We had grubs a few years ago that decimated our front lawn and we don't want that to happen again. But I'm mad that the weathermen were dead wrong in the forecast...multiple times this weekend!!

Aside from politicians, are there any career paths other than weatherman where you can be wrong most of the time and still keep your job?

We had day after day after day where the forecast was for showers and possible thunderstorms only to find it turned into yet another glorious day of bright sunshine. It's tedious for me too, because I have indoor work and outdoor work to do on the house. The indoor work really isn't fun when the sun beats down on the metal roof overhead, and the outdoor work really needs just those conditions.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Tango, you're so right! What a career to get into and for the tv you just have to look pretty most of the time.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Tango, you're so right! What a career to get into and for the tv you just have to look pretty most of the time.

I think politics is a better bet. You don't even have to be pretty for that. You just need to be able to promise everyone exactly what they want, and be able to live with yourself knowing you're likely to deliver precisely none of it.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Got some more fiberglass laid, a random loose end of old cable cut off, and some more boards cut and laid. The area where I lifted the floor is now almost completely replaced. I just need a new piece to screw down at the top of the attic stairs and I'm good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom