ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
So... What are YOU doing? - Part 5

I'm at a coffee house working on a final exam and listening to "Coffee Table Jazz" on Spotify.

So... What are you doing? :)

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is here. by ImaginaryDay2 Titled So... What are YOU doing?

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is here. by ImaginaryDay2 Titled So... What are YOU doing? - Part 2

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is here. by ImaginaryDay2 Titled So... What are YOU doing? - Part 3

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is here. by ImaginaryDay2 Titled So... What are YOU doing? - Part 4

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is here. by ImaginaryDay2 Titled So... What are YOU doing? - Part 5

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is here. by ImaginaryDay2 Titled So... What are YOU doing? - Part 6

Support

Christianity Haven Support
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is here.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Got a few more panels cut and found an unexpected gap in the wall. I thought I had a cold draft coming between a wall stud and a ceiling joist but it turned out I had a gap in the wall about the size of a dime. In about as inaccessible a spot as possible, naturally. Eventually I got it opened up, brushed out and packed with mortar. Then I got some more foam sprayed into a few more cracks and crevices.

Hopefully tomorrow it will be warm enough to open the window in the upstairs room so I can blow dust out with the fan. Then I can get on with some more grinding and wall patching in the space above. In the two downstairs rooms I'm almost finished with the grinding, patching and insulating. I still need to fit the windows properly but that will have to wait until it's much warmer. Now I can press on with two upstairs rooms, and by then maybe it will be warm enough to fix the windows and then I can start putting up some drywall.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I woke up and fed the guinea pig and will probably work on some art today.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Not warm enough to be grinding with windows open. Maybe this afternoon but not looking promising. It can wait, maybe I'll just take the day off the dirty work. I need to do a little bit of grinding on another wall so I can cut some panels but I really want to cement a strip of concrete into a larger gap in the wall, which really means going outside with my grinder to cut a strip off a concrete block. I'd really rather not be outside in this and don't want to be cutting up concrete blocks indoors if I can help it.

The wall in question is an interior wall but used to be exterior, so I really want it filled to avoid having cold air seeping down from the attic and getting into the house that way. It's a bit of a pain needing to fully fill and insulate it but I think it's worth the effort.

After not going above freezing for nearly 48 hours my primary workspace is still holding at 47 degrees even with no heating beyond what seeps through the walls and up through the floor. Curiously it doesn't even feel particularly cold in there. When the sun starts to hit that side of the house it may warm up although the insulation will obviously restrict just how much heating works its way through.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
For the last hour I have been looking for the device that reads my blood sugar on my sensors that I wear on my arm. I have lost it and have looked everywhere. I can't afford to buy a new one, so if I can't find it I will have to manually check my blood sugar and won't be able to use the sensors.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A day off breaking my house. I did a little grinding yesterday but stopped because it was dinner time. Now I've got a few holes in a brick wall that was once the outside wall but is now an internal wall, that I need to fix up. No great urgency, I just don't want cold air from the attic seeping down the wall and into the house. It's a bit odd seeing where the outside wall once was and how an internal supporting wall was put in, but some parts of the former outside wall are still there, hiding behind drywall.

So instead of breaking my house my wife and I went for a coffee and a walk in the park. Tomorrow it's back to the grinding and associated repair work. Then I can cut some more panels and finish the next part of the project. I'm still trying to figure out the best sequence for breaking through a wall (need to remove a radiator first), then taking out a staircase and filling the space it current takes up. That part could be a bit tricky.

Mozzie

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I have been reorganizing things, studying and researching and now joined here today and having a look around

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Welcome and if you have any questions feel free to ask

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have been reorganizing things, studying and researching and now joined here today and having a look around

What are you studying?

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Sounds very cryptic. What are you researching?

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Enjoying the smell of whatever it is my wife is cooking for breakfast, thinking about a day of grinding and cementing ahead. I can hardly wait. It's warmer today so I hope the wind isn't blowing into the window I need to open to blow the dust out. I'm going to have to work with an extension cable to downstairs and my air compressor in the next room, because the room I'm going to hit next only has one working power socket (it did have two, but I disconnected one in the course of other work), and that socket is on a nasty piece of old cabling so I don't really want to draw a sustained current through it. My extension cord will drop down under the floor and plug into a new socket, and the extension cord can pass 20A all day, which is plenty for my needs :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Enjoying the smell of whatever it is my wife is cooking for breakfast, thinking about a day of grinding and cementing ahead. I can hardly wait. It's warmer today so I hope the wind isn't blowing into the window I need to open to blow the dust out. I'm going to have to work with an extension cable to downstairs and my air compressor in the next room, because the room I'm going to hit next only has one working power socket (it did have two, but I disconnected one in the course of other work), and that socket is on a nasty piece of old cabling so I don't really want to draw a sustained current through it. My extension cord will drop down under the floor and plug into a new socket, and the extension cord can pass 20A all day, which is plenty for my needs :)

What did your wife make for breakfast?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Cleaned the kitchen and bathroom and now taking a break.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What did your wife make for breakfast?

She called it a breakfast casserole. It was basically sausage meat and beaten eggs put into a baking pan and cooked. It was very good.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Another fun-packed day, this time in a really small room. I've got a rolled up rug in there (it's in there because for now I don't know what else to do with it, and it's too heavy and unwieldy to move around frequently, and by the time I had my shop vac and separator in there along with my ladder there wasn't really enough space to work without feeling like I was endlessly tripping on something. But I got a load of grinding done, I think I've done enough that I can fit panels now. I sprayed an entire can of foam behind the wall studs to make sure any air getting in behind them doesn't get any further. Then I ran out of foam so had to stop.

I had hoped to get some mortaring done, I bought an 80lb bag of mortar ready to use it, but got to a point where I figured I wasn't going to be able to finish the mortaring so I didn't want to push any further only to have to stop with more gaps in the wall. There was a nasty draft coming in over the tops of the windows (I'd previously left insulation in place to minimise it), and now I've sprayed a load of foam into place there to put a more permanent end to it.

With church tomorrow and what's likely to be my first chance to do some hiking in months on Monday, I may not get to do much more with it until Tuesday. But that's OK, I've got my mojo back in a big way now so I'm more likely to just keep the pressure on and get it all done. And of course then I can start cutting a lot more insulation panels, and maybe keep the place a little cooler through the summer months. The air conditioner has to work overtime in the summer, when the sun is beating down on the side of the house, the inner face of the bricks is the wrong side of 100 degrees, and I really want to keep the temperature at more like 70. Hopefully this summer it won't have to work as hard. I'll just need to get some fresh wiring in there, because the socket the air conditioner used to use was powered by an extension cord from a downstairs socket, and now the downstairs room has insulation panels that socket is disconnected. I don't really want the air conditioner and a laser printer on the same circuit because if they both kick at the same time I'm not sure just what kind of current it could draw, and don't want the circuit breaker to trip and power it all down. Maybe I'll remember to put my current meter on the laser printer and see just what current it draws when it powers up. From what I recall the air conditioner draws about 4A when it's running but when the compressor kicks in it spikes to about 10A.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
She called it a breakfast casserole. It was basically sausage meat and beaten eggs put into a baking pan and cooked. It was very good.

My mom used to make those for holidays! Yum!

Getting ready for church.

Mozzie

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Pretty much spent the day being the computer reading, i did some graphics and i am planning finishing a skin i am working on

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My daughter and I walked a quick mile and she's getting ready to go out...so I'm looking for an online workout I want to do soon.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Pretty much spent the day being the computer reading, i did some graphics and i am planning finishing a skin i am working on

A skin? What is the skin for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom