USA Is it time for a woman President in the U.S.?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
It really doesn't matter, but yes they were classified. The question some have posed is whether they were physically MARKED classified -- but that marking usually happens later, but they were still classified at the time of her emails. In addition, at the very least, it was very sensitive information that anyone -- especially the head official (Hillary) -- should have known about. So basically she is reduced to campaigning on being either diabolical or incompetent.

So it is very easy to see why her poll numbers are falling faster than the stock market.

I think the issue of being devious or incompetent is going to be tough for her to escape. Official emails go through official email servers for a good reason, and you can only be promoted so high before "I didn't know" ceases to have any meaning beyond "I got caught and need some breathing space to think of a good explanation".

If something isn't specifically marked as classified you'd still expect the people at the very top to know what was sensitive information and what wasn't. So once again the question comes down to whether she was devious or inept.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I think the issue of being devious or incompetent is going to be tough for her to escape. Official emails go through official email servers for a good reason, and you can only be promoted so high before "I didn't know" ceases to have any meaning beyond "I got caught and need some breathing space to think of a good explanation".

If something isn't specifically marked as classified you'd still expect the people at the very top to know what was sensitive information and what wasn't. So once again the question comes down to whether she was devious or inept.
Or is it possible it wasnt sensitive at the time but now is which does happen more often than people think

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Or is it possible it wasnt sensitive at the time but now is which does happen more often than people think

I can see your point Bill.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I don't care about the gender of the President. I care about what they are going to do for this country.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes

Possibly, but as soon as it is marked as classified the fewer copies on civilian computers the better.

Not only that, but if the situation were as simple as the emails being unclassified at the time they were sent out I'd have thought Hillary would have thought to raise that in her defence.

LovebirdsFlying

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I'm all for a woman being President, but I'd write in a vote for myself before I'd vote for Hillary Clinton. And I'm *completely* inadequate to the task.

Highlander

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It has already been announced that the information was classified.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Possibly, but as soon as it is marked as classified the fewer copies on civilian computers the better.

Not only that, but if the situation were as simple as the emails being unclassified at the time they were sent out I'd have thought Hillary would have thought to raise that in her defence.

Well besides the point I like Bernie Sanders for President!

Top Bottom