Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Does anyone own a step counter besides a FitBit? My FitBit has had problems ever since the 2nd month of using it and it's only been a year now that I opened the box and in that time I've changed the battery about 4 times. I can't get it to sync properly. Yesterday, I gave it a new battery and it synced but then went back to the unsynced version of time and steps. So I'm looking for something else that is small in size like my FitBit Zip and is accurate in step counting.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Wal Mart sells several but I am not sure of the accuracy of them. You might want to try looking up ratings from Consumers Report on them.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Does anyone own a step counter besides a FitBit? My FitBit has had problems ever since the 2nd month of using it and it's only been a year now that I opened the box and in that time I've changed the battery about 4 times. I can't get it to sync properly. Yesterday, I gave it a new battery and it synced but then went back to the unsynced version of time and steps. So I'm looking for something else that is small in size like my FitBit Zip and is accurate in step counting.

I think some of the newer smartphones have accelerometers in them so that you can get an app to track steps. I can't say I've tried them - my interest in Fitbit is waning fast but I do like the fact it's small and unobtrusive. For me the biggest issue is usually forgetting to charge the battery, or changing from jeans to sweatpants and forgetting to clip the thing on my pocket.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Wal Mart sells several but I am not sure of the accuracy of them. You might want to try looking up ratings from Consumers Report on them.

I was at my WalMart this morning and they only had Fitbit.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think some of the newer smartphones have accelerometers in them so that you can get an app to track steps. I can't say I've tried them - my interest in Fitbit is waning fast but I do like the fact it's small and unobtrusive. For me the biggest issue is usually forgetting to charge the battery, or changing from jeans to sweatpants and forgetting to clip the thing on my pocket.

I don't carry my phone around with me all the time though and I like to make it to 10,000 steps at the minimum each day. This summer my goal is to do 20,000 at least 3 days a week so I'll need to have every single step tracked :D

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't carry my phone around with me all the time though and I like to make it to 10,000 steps at the minimum each day. This summer my goal is to do 20,000 at least 3 days a week so I'll need to have every single step tracked :D

That's quite a goal.

If you've had trouble with Fitbit did you try emailing their support? For a time I had remarkably good service from them, although having had the same trouble with four consecutive Charge HR models their best offer when the fourth one failed was to offer me 20% off another one. As I pointed out to them 20% off their standard retail price isn't much of an offer when I can get 30% off at Amazon, even ignoring the notion that having seen the same fault develop on four units my faith in their product was insufficient to consider paying for another one.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That's quite a goal.

If you've had trouble with Fitbit did you try emailing their support? For a time I had remarkably good service from them, although having had the same trouble with four consecutive Charge HR models their best offer when the fourth one failed was to offer me 20% off another one. As I pointed out to them 20% off their standard retail price isn't much of an offer when I can get 30% off at Amazon, even ignoring the notion that having seen the same fault develop on four units my faith in their product was insufficient to consider paying for another one.

I read through the support site and followed their tips. My FitBit was given to me when I first began working so it's not under warranty anymore. I didn't open it until I quit my job because I sat on my bottom at my job all day and knew I wouldn't get many steps and after work I was very tired (I didn't know I had 2 different cancers then).

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My daughter likes her Garmin. I use an Apple watch.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married