Trump Declares National Emergency to Build Border Wall

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
The trouble is that criminal gangs shipping drugs and slaves across the border are unlikely to be stopped by a wall. They'll still dig tunnels and use light aircraft.

Is that why you don't lock your doors or even close them at night?

I agree 100% with deporting illegal immigrants.

We want legal immigrants - A lot of them...

I have very mixed views on the so-called Dreamers - although the children didn't do anything wrong if they were brought here illegally by their parents there has to come a point where we say the children don't necessarily get to benefit from the crimes of their parents. If little Jimmy lived a very luxurious lifestyle and, at the ripe old age of 8, really didn't know any different very few people would insist he continue his life of opulence if it transpired his father was a big-time criminal and had his assets seized. Little Jimmy didn't do anything wrong, he just doesn't get to continue to enjoy the benefits of crime.

Amnesty for them is fine - They grew up in America through no fault of their own...

My concern about a wall would be the cost of building it, the cost of maintaining it, and the relative lack of effectiveness against people with aircraft and digging machines to circumvent it. The trouble is it seems too many people benefit from illegals being in the country, not least because if they are willing to work for slave wages while keeping their heads down and not rocking the boat for fear of deportation they keep the cost of all sorts of things down.

There is now both ground radar and aerial radar, and I assume drones to chase and identify even low altitude planes...

Tunnel diggers make noise, or else are very slow...

Arsenios

Top Bottom