Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Lamm,

We're not giving you a serious reply ....

I DO understand that until very recently (and I mean just a few decades ago), Christians generally were opposed to cremation. The RCC prohibited it until 1985. As I understand it, there were three reasons: 1) The OT seems to suggest burial and we know Jews never practice cremation, 2) It was a pagan practice (especially associated with Zoroastrianism) and 3) It suggest God is therefore unable to raise them from the dead and/or it is a denial of the resurrection.

MY response: To #1: Who cares? Even under the old ceremonial law, burial is not required #2 Irrelevant since hardly a soul today even knows this (or cares) #3 You've got to be kidding.

The only real reason for prohibiting cremation, IMHO, would be because the body was the "Temple of the Holy Ghost" in life--a point already mentioned here--however, that's a small point, more a matter of respect than of doctrine. And as for the destruction of the physical body which cremation causes, we have had innumerable cases of people blown to smithereens in war, eaten by animals, or etc. so because we still believe they will be resurrected in some way, why draw the line at cremation?

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Why is global networking an exception? Are all the technological and medical discoveries and achievements exceptions?

Weren't there people saying that about organ transplants about a century ago?

Who is to say that uploading souls to a host body is the only option? There could be various other means of improving the human body and extending its lifespan indefinitely (or just for a very long period of time), as well as for reviving dead organisms. Check this out: http://2045.com/

You want THIS life forever???

Naaaagggghhhhh!

Arsenios

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
The only real reason for prohibiting cremation, IMHO, would be because the body was the "Temple of the Holy Ghost" in life--a point already mentioned here--however, that's a small point, more a matter of respect than of doctrine. And as for the destruction of the physical body which cremation causes, we have had innumerable cases of people blown to smithereens in war, eaten by animals, or etc. so because we still believe they will be resurrected in some way, why draw the line at cremation?

The body IS the temple of the Holy Spirit for Christians Baptized into Christ and Anointed with the Seal of the Holy Spirit...

That temple is not ours to destroy...

It is a matter of respect for God's Holy Temple...

Returning it reverently to the earth from which it came...

So it is a matter of respect - And more...

It is a matter of love for God's Holy Temple...

Pagans LOVE cremation...

Arsenios

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
When I die I want to be cremated. Jordan won't as hes a Vet. I plan (if I die after him) I want to be put on top of his casket.

Top Bottom