Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I'm referencing the practice of EO and RCC Tradition alongside Scripture. I have never heard of a Baptist using Tradition, but have always affirmed Scripture and Scripture alone.

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Here's some examples of how scripture was changed/interperted.
I have no idea who the man is that wrote this, he is a baptist and wrote this on 'Church Traditions".

OUR TRADITION SAYS that the Church referred to in Matt. 16:18 is the Baptist Church.
THE SCRIPTURE SAYS that it is the Body of Christ.
Eph. 1:22-23.

OUR TRADITION SAYS that we join that Church by water baptism.
THE SCRIPTURE SAYS that we are baptized into the Church by the SPIRIT. 1 Cor. 12:13.

OUR TRADITION SAYS that the Church is an earthly institution and does not necessarily comprise the body of saved people which will be taken to Heaven, and identified up there as the Bride.
THE SCRIPTURE SAYS that all born again Saints constitute the Church, which He will present to Himself. Eph. 5:25-27.

Now, which am I to believe--
OUR TRADITION,
or THE SCRIPTURES?

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
II Tim. 2:15.

http://www.blessedquietness.com/journal/housechu/churchtraditioncosby.htm

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Here's some examples of how scripture was changed/interperted.
I have no idea who the man is that wrote this, he is a baptist and wrote this on 'Church Traditions".

OUR TRADITION SAYS that the Church referred to in Matt. 16:18 is the Baptist Church.
THE SCRIPTURE SAYS that it is the Body of Christ.
Eph. 1:22-23.

OUR TRADITION SAYS that we join that Church by water baptism.
THE SCRIPTURE SAYS that we are baptized into the Church by the SPIRIT. 1 Cor. 12:13.

OUR TRADITION SAYS that the Church is an earthly institution and does not necessarily comprise the body of saved people which will be taken to Heaven, and identified up there as the Bride.
THE SCRIPTURE SAYS that all born again Saints constitute the Church, which He will present to Himself. Eph. 5:25-27.

Now, which am I to believe--
OUR TRADITION,
or THE SCRIPTURES?

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
II Tim. 2:15.

http://www.blessedquietness.com/journal/housechu/churchtraditioncosby.htm

go with the scriptures .. always .

Top Bottom