Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I have had allergy shots before and allergy testing. I'm allergic to many foods and most things outside. The big issues are pine trees and tobacco). I've had sinus surgery before (it helped for about six months). What do you find effective for dealing with seasonal allergies?
When I went to a doctor a few years ago he asked me if I was allergic to anything and I replied, "If you look outside and see anything yellow, green or brown, I'm allergic to that." Not an exaggeration at all for me.
I have a fairly bad headache right now and I think it is from allergies

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I use Allegra when my allergies get bad. I'm allergic to some of the allergy meds so I have to be careful.

Taking a shower and washing your hair before bed is a must for those who have allergies. Also, never be on the bed with your daytime clothing because allergens can transfer to the bed.

Wilhemena

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I have had allergy shots before and allergy testing. I'm allergic to many foods and most things outside. The big issues are pine trees and tobacco). I've had sinus surgery before (it helped for about six months). What do you find effective for dealing with seasonal allergies?
When I went to a doctor a few years ago he asked me if I was allergic to anything and I replied, "If you look outside and see anything yellow, green or brown, I'm allergic to that." Not an exaggeration at all for me.
I have a fairly bad headache right now and I think it is from allergies

If you are allergic to pine trees and you live where they are abundant you might consider moving away from that place and there are more and more towns that are banning tobacco use even in public settings. It was once prescribed to move to the desert to avoid tree and plant allergens and the dry air was supposed to have helped clear the airways.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If you are allergic to pine trees and you live where they are abundant you might consider moving away from that place and there are more and more towns that are banning tobacco use even in public settings. It was once prescribed to move to the desert to avoid tree and plant allergens and the dry air was supposed to have helped clear the airways.

The worst place for allergies I ever lived was Ft.Worth, Texas. I think it is because much of the year it is really windy there (at least it was when I lived there) and pollen can travel up to 200 miles. So, you end up getting pollen from east Texas and all the dust and other pollen from the west. And there really isn't a lot to get in the way west of Ft.Worth. I once saw a tumbleweed that was as big as my car west of Ft.Worth. It has to travel a long ways to get that big

Jerlene

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I live with two cats which mean lots of dander. I also live in the country which means lots of dirt. My nose hasn't been at a hundred percent for years and it's incredibly frustrating. Loratadine works well when it comes to seasonal allergies. I believe the over the counter name is Claritin. You can get it at any local grocery store, CVS, Walmart, etc. You should try it. Benadryl also works wonders but I think they're all "drowsy", not sure.

Kaynil

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Growing up, I would choose to clean the bird's cages for my mother than doing other chores. I didn't like the effect it had on me but I found it faster to do than any other chore so I used to choose it over anything else. My nose would be watery, my eyes visible irritated. I'd sneeze a lot. I'd assume it was the alpiste seeds while changing the old newspaper.

After I moved to Australia, I once spent a lot of time dealing with a dusty garage and that screwed me over to the point of getting asthma. It was fortunate we had a plaza with a small clinic across the street. It was a short distance but it really felt like the longest walk I've ever took. I was out of air.

Oh, I have a random peanut allergy. Sometimes I am fine but sometimes it kicks in. It seems that cooked is fine but raw peanuts or peanut jam can trigger the tingling in the sides of my lips with very little consumption and within minutes.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I live with two cats which mean lots of dander. I also live in the country which means lots of dirt. My nose hasn't been at a hundred percent for years and it's incredibly frustrating. Loratadine works well when it comes to seasonal allergies. I believe the over the counter name is Claritin. You can get it at any local grocery store, CVS, Walmart, etc. You should try it. Benadryl also works wonders but I think they're all "drowsy", not sure.

Claritin is the brand name, the generic name is loratadine. If you buy Claritin you'll pay something like $14.99 for seven tablets but sometimes you can find generic loratadine for more like $2.99 for 100 tablets. I haven't bought Claritin in years but usually keep a supply of loratadine on hand. Sometimes my sinuses act up but I've never quite worked out exactly what it is that causes it.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My May/June allergies have hit me hard! I'm sneezing all the time now.

Top Bottom