Has the media truly become the enemy of the people?

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I'm asking you again to please watch what I posted. There is context. Everyone there was excited and excitable. I haven't said different. The native man yelling "go back to Europe" was wrong. Does that satisfy you?

Look, nothing happens in a vacuum. The man was in an argument with one (or more) of the kids. But if all we hear is a sound bite, that's all we hear. If I wanted to do sound bites, I could do it, too. A rather ignorant thing was said by one of those kids as the excitement was dying down. And it's not on the video you posted.
But what do sound bites do but support a preferred narrative? That's not what I want to do. And hopefully we can steer away from that
Your video shows a kid taking off his shirt and exciting his teammates in a school chant to blow off the "hebrews" slandering them. What the heck is so wrong about that? Were you ever 14? Do you remember how excited you could get when your team is being harassed by another team? I never played sports in school but I remember the pep rallys being really fun, its better than arguing and fighting, these kids learned well from the Catholic school morale, and now we have Kathy Griffith posting their basketball photos claiming that the 3 pointer hand symbol is white supremacy code, she like many others are dumping fuel on these boys and it's sickening.
They target Catholics because they are pro-life, they did the same with Kavanaugh

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Truth lies in the minds and experiences of those that were there.

Statement of Nick Sandmann, Covington Catholic High School Junior, Regarding Incident at the Lincoln Memorial

"I am providing this factual account of what happened on Friday afternoon at the Lincoln Memorial to correct misinformation and outright lies being spread about my family and me.

I am the student in the video who was confronted by the Native American protestor. I arrived at the Lincoln Memorial at 4:30 p.m. I was told to be there by 5:30 p.m., when our busses were due to leave Washington for the trip back to Kentucky. We had been attending the March for Life rally, and then had split up into small groups to do sightseeing.

When we arrived, we noticed four African American protestors who were also on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. I am not sure what they were protesting, and I did not interact with them. I did hear them direct derogatory insults at our school group.

The protestors said hateful things. They called us “racists,” “bigots,” “white crackers,” “******s,” and “incest kids.” They also taunted an African American student from my school by telling him that we would “harvest his organs.” I have no idea what that insult means, but it was startling to hear.

Because we were being loudly attacked and taunted in public, a student in our group asked one of our teacher chaperones for permission to begin our school spirit chants to counter the hateful things that were being shouted at our group. The chants are commonly used at sporting events.

They are all positive in nature and sound like what you would hear at any high school. Our chaperone gave us permission to use our school chants. We would not have done that without obtaining permission from the adults in charge of our group.

At no time did I hear any student chant anything other than the school spirit chants. I did not witness or hear any students chant “build that wall” or anything hateful or racist at any time. Assertions to the contrary are simply false. Our chants were loud because we wanted to drown out the hateful comments that were being shouted at us by the protestors.

After a few minutes of chanting, the Native American protestors, who I hadn’t previously noticed, approached our group. The Native American protestors had drums and were accompanied by at least one person with a camera.

The protestor everyone has seen in the video began playing his drum as he waded into the crowd, which parted for him. I did not see anyone try to block his path. He locked eyes with me and approached me, coming within inches of my face. He played his drum the entire time he was in my face.

I never interacted with this protestor. I did not speak to him. I did not make any hand gestures or other aggressive moves. To be honest, I was startled and confused as to why he had approached me. We had already been yelled at by another group of protestors, and when the second group approached I was worried that a situation was getting out of control where adults were attempting to provoke teenagers.

I believed that by remaining motionless and calm, I was helping to diffuse [sic] the situation. I realized everyone had cameras and that perhaps a group of adults was trying to provoke a group of teenagers into a larger conflict. I said a silent prayer that the situation would not get out of hand.

During the period of the drumming, a member of the protestor’s entourage began yelling at a fellow student that we “stole our land” and that we should “go back to Europe.” I heard one of my fellow students begin to respond. I motioned to my classmate and tried to get him to stop engaging with the protestor, as I was still in the mindset that we needed to calm down tensions.

I never felt like I was blocking the Native American protestor. He did not make any attempt to go around me. It was clear to me that he had singled me out for a confrontation, although I am not sure why.

The engagement ended when one of our teachers told me the busses had arrived and it was time to go. I obeyed my teacher and simply walked to the busses. At that moment, I thought I had diffused [sic] the situation by remaining calm, and I was thankful nothing physical had occurred"

FULL STATEMENT https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.li...ll-statement-on-encounter-with-native-america

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Your video shows a kid taking off his shirt and exciting his teammates in a school chant to blow off the "hebrews" slandering them. What the heck is so wrong about that? Were you ever 14? Do you remember how excited you could get when your team is being harassed by another team? I never played sports in school but I remember the pep rallys being really fun, its better than arguing and fighting, these kids learned well from the Catholic school morale, and now we have Kathy Griffith posting their basketball photos claiming that the 3 pointer hand symbol is white supremacy code, she like many others are dumping fuel on these boys and it's sickening.
They target Catholics because they are pro-life, they did the same with Kavanaugh

The video I posted is one of four. I said that in the post. I couldn't up-load the other three, but the first links to the others

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
This helps how, except to misrepresent (yet again) unfortunate events?

The political cartoon explains what happened recently and how there are people who do the instigating then claim someone either attacked, accused, profaned, etc him/her. This was not a cartoon against the indigenous people, btw. It is showing how the media is showing us what they want us to see to twist the truth and cause drama.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
PiHk6dK.jpg

Top Bottom