Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I consider Johnny Carson to be the king of late night, timeless and classic.
I liked David Letterman and Leno when they were around and Conan is a hilarious fellow. As for the others, Kimmel and Colbert, not really my taste, I used to really like Steve Colbert until he jumped on the "lets bash our president" bandwagon... Kimmel had his moments but he is also stuck on that bandwagon.

Last edited:

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I like James Cardin. He's funny!

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I consider Johnny Carson to be the king of late night, timeless and classic.
I liked David Letterman and Leno when they were around and Conan is a hilarious fellow. As for the others, Kimmel and Colbert, not really my taste, I used to really like Steve Colbert until he jumped on the "lets bash our president" bandwagon... Kimmel had his moments but he is also stuck on that bandwagon.

What I don't entirely understand is why all the networks want to have the same kind of Hate-oriented late-night hosts. They aren't even very funny when then go on like they do. You would think that at least one network would conclude that there is a market that isn't being served. On the other hand, they have gone out of their way to dump some of the most popular shows, even to their own disadvantage, and all because of politics. Last Man Standing and Rosanne Barr, for example.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
What I don't entirely understand is why all the networks want to have the same kind of Hate-oriented late-night hosts. They aren't even very funny when then go on like they do. You would think that at least one network would conclude that there is a market that isn't being served. On the other hand, they have gone out of their way to dump some of the most popular shows, even to their own disadvantage, and all because of politics. Last Man Standing and Rosanne Barr, for example.
There is this fantastic interview with Roseanne and Joe Rogan, she already had trouble with the new series of 'Roseanne' because they would not do a Hillary joke and wanted to bash Trump whom she was defending. That poor lady destroyed her career by voting for Trump, that lady she was addressing and referring to in planet of the apes was all about the political overtone of that movie and how the lady reminds her of it... Roseanne is mentally handicapped due to a car accident long ago, she was institutionalized for 9 months in a mental care facility, there was no compassion or understanding for her tweet and very quick apologies for doing so... she was also on ambien and drinking on it which I know personally will zombify you and say things that you won't even understand at the time and regret later... Im not excusing her for her misuse but the point is -is that she has mental health issues and has apologized but because of her support for Trump she was not going to last long.
Colbert had a political show where he never showed bias, he just made fun of politics in general, it's very sad to see him give in to the SNL steer... I wonder sometimes 'what if' he and others stuck to neutral political comedy and if peoples reaction to American politics would have remained normal, it just seems ironic that they can push buttons and get away with so much and everyone cheer them on.
/end rant :)

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I feel that Jimmy Fallon wanted to steer clear of partisanship but the pressure that the totalitarians on the Left exerted on the networks probably squelched that. So he basically fell into line although he does less of the slandering than Colbert, Kimmel, and lets not forget those other late, late night losers, Trevor Noah, Seth Myers, and Bill Maher.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I feel that Jimmy Fallon wanted to steer clear of partisanship but the pressure that the totalitarians on the Left exerted on the networks probably squelched that. So he basically fell into line although he does less of the slandering than Colbert, Kimmel, and lets not forget those other late, late night losers, Trevor Noah, Seth Myers, and Bill Maher.
Yup that's what they do, they bully you and if you don't do what they say they fire you.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Sounds a lot like Trump to me

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Sounds a lot like Trump to me
All Presidents have the authority to fire people who they deem necessary if they stand in the way of a promise they made, also everyone will feel bullied by a president at least once in their lifetime by their political programs.
The media however are good at bias programming but comedians are not politicians, they should remain neutral and lighten up the mood of politics not fuel it.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
"Sounds a lot like Trump to me"

To you, it would. <_<

Do you remember that Obama had 4 different Secretarys of Defense and wanted a 5th? No one seemed to think that was a big deal. Of course not.

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
There is this fantastic interview with Roseanne and Joe Rogan, she already had trouble with the new series of 'Roseanne' because they would not do a Hillary joke and wanted to bash Trump whom she was defending. That poor lady destroyed her career by voting for Trump, that lady she was addressing and referring to in planet of the apes was all about the political overtone of that movie and how the lady reminds her of it... Roseanne is mentally handicapped due to a car accident long ago, she was institutionalized for 9 months in a mental care facility, there was no compassion or understanding for her tweet and very quick apologies for doing so... she was also on ambien and drinking on it which I know personally will zombify you and say things that you won't even understand at the time and regret later... Im not excusing her for her misuse but the point is -is that she has mental health issues and has apologized but because of her support for Trump she was not going to last long.
Colbert had a political show where he never showed bias, he just made fun of politics in general, it's very sad to see him give in to the SNL steer... I wonder sometimes 'what if' he and others stuck to neutral political comedy and if peoples reaction to American politics would have remained normal, it just seems ironic that they can push buttons and get away with so much and everyone cheer them on.
/end rant :)

I personally don't like Roseanne but they went too far, especially after she had apologized.

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
John Stewart was my favorite late night tv show host even though 9pm isn't all that late.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
All Presidents have the authority to fire people who they deem necessary if they stand in the way of a promise they made, also everyone will feel bullied by a president at least once in their lifetime by their political programs.
The media however are good at bias programming but comedians are not politicians, they should remain neutral and lighten up the mood of politics not fuel it.
Funny the media and networks are owned and operated by individuals who have the right to hire and fire and unlike the President work for themselves or their stockholders while the President is supposed to represent all people, not justy those who supported him

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Funny the media and networks are owned and operated by individuals who have the right to hire and fire and unlike the President work for themselves or their stockholders while the President is supposed to represent all people, not justy those who supported him
All people should support their president, if Hillary were president I would give her the same respect

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Johnny Carson was my favorite growing up. Though I didn't always understand his jokes as a kid

Top Bottom