Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
What is the most annoying personality trait someone can have?

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A bossy know it all :=Z:

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
For me it's passive aggressiveness.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
People who talk about religion and politics.

... wait a minute

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Constant complaining is annoying

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A fanatic is someone who won't change his mind and won't let you change the subject.

A bore is someone who talks about himself when you're trying to talk about yourself.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Nagging...can't stand when I've got the message about something and they keep preaching about in till your sick of it!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My three favorite things are eating my family and not using commas.

Seriously, bad grammar irritates me. If I have to read something more than twice to figure out what someone is trying to say I don't bother.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I confess.... I'm bothered by several things.... I accept this as MY stuff and I try (often hard) to not convey it....

1. Bad eating habits. Talking with a mouth full of food (watching the food roll around and at times drip out)... making lots of noise eating.... having no idea how to hold a fork..... AMAZING how many people with very high jobs, dressed very nicely, eating at an expensive restaurant, eat like a 2 year old. Bothers me. Shouldn't!!!! Does.

2. People with bad basic hygiene. Body odor.... scuzzy teeth/bad breath.... hair that hasn't been cleaned in months. AMAZING the people I encounter in my work.... people with jobs with well over six figure incomes... with really bad hygiene. I know most of this is cultural and I know it should NOT bother me. Does.

3. People with "colorful" language (you know what I mean). I can overlook this from some 16 year old boy but not adults.

Sorry. Truly, I am.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I confess.... I'm bothered by several things.... I accept this as MY stuff and I try (often hard) to not convey it....

1. Bad eating habits. Talking with a mouth full of food (watching the food roll around and at times drip out)... making lots of noise eating.... having no idea how to hold a fork..... AMAZING how many people with very high jobs, dressed very nicely, eating at an expensive restaurant, eat like a 2 year old. Bothers me. Shouldn't!!!! Does.

To me this is just basic table manners. I didn't even make it to 10 years old without it being made very clear to me that eating is done with the mouth closed. And yet these days, as you say, it seems pretty normal to see people chewing with their mouths open, talking with their mouth full (and not in the sense of trying to respond having just been asked a question), and looking gross. A few years back my next door neighbor asked my wife and I if we could watch their daughter (she'd have been about 12 or 13 at the time) after school because they were delayed at work. Not a problem, we collected her and made her something to eat. It soon became clear she had no idea at all how to use a knife and fork. I guess nobody teaches basic table manners any more,

3. People with "colorful" language (you know what I mean). I can overlook this from some 16 year old boy but not adults.

It bothers me a lot more when I see kids that probably aren't even 10 yet swearing like drunken sailors.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
My three favorite things are eating my family and not using commas.

Seriously, bad grammar irritates me.

If I have to read something more than twice to figure out what someone is trying to say I don't bother.

So I just finished a book - A serious book about very serious and holy spiritual matters...

And I found myself in chapter one reading into the second paragraph, and I had no idea what I had just read...

So I went back and re-read it... All common words, all logically arranged and well punctuated...

I still did not know what I had just read...

So I went back again - This is an author I love and respect - On a very deep subject...

And I read the first words of the first sentence of the first paragraph...

Over and over until they were burned into my brain, then the next phrase...

The same way, and the next, and it began to open up...

By the time I finished the first chapter, I could read the rest much more easily...

So sometimes it is not bad grammar that blocks comprehension...

But I dislike bad grammar too...

But what I really bristle with is interruptive and domineering control freaks plying their trade...

It has taken me a long time to begin to appreciate their efforts...

Mind you! :)

Arsenios

ps - pm me for the title of the book -
A hard book to find -
On the Marriage of the Lamb...
And our part in that Marriage...

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
So I just finished a book - A serious book about very serious and holy spiritual matters...

And I found myself in chapter one reading into the second paragraph, and I had no idea what I had just read...

So I went back and re-read it... All common words, all logically arranged and well punctuated...

I still did not know what I had just read...

So I went back again - This is an author I love and respect - On a very deep subject...

I'm not sure which way the irony meter might have to swing here.... in the context of what I was writing I hoped it would be clear that I was referring to bad writing rather than something particularly deep - struggling to comprehend because of the low quality of writing rather than because of the depth of the content.

personaly i find that when sum1 writes ina manor thats got no punctuation and afew problems with speling and stuff n they dont use sentences write bcos there tryin to save some time but wot u get is a load of thorts strung 2gether with no rime nor reason to y they did it that way with the wrong word used here n their making it harder 2 read i get 2 a point wear i cant be bothered with it ne more bcos like is there a point 2 all this or did i miss it in the middle sumwhere

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

2. People with bad basic hygiene. Body odor.... scuzzy teeth/bad breath.... hair that hasn't been cleaned in months. AMAZING the people I encounter in my work.... people with jobs with well over six figure incomes... with really bad hygiene. I know most of this is cultural and I know it should NOT bother me. Does.

Sorry. Truly, I am.
People who feel they have to cuss all the time just sound like an uneducated pirate.
The hygiene thing is really annoying, there is a fellow at work who you literally have to hold your breath around. I'm a little OCD when it comes to hygiene, it gets me a lot of compliments though.. and a lot of hugs :)

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
My most annoying personality trait is my excessive humility. I'm working on it and when I beat it down I will be perfect.:cheer:

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Hate it when people minimize hard things others are going through.

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I have a lot of personality traits I don't like... I swear too much, I lose my cool over bad drivers (and there are a lot of them here!), I can't cope with deliberate stupidity. I don't like it that I am like this... I used to be very patient, kind, and compassionate, and I'm losing those traits by living in a constantly heightened stress state. But that's just me...

Something that is kind of annoying is when I see or hear people saying "I'm ocd about ____" because no one "is" ocd. People have it. Not only that, but a lot of people say this, but really don't have it, which minimizes the experience of those who do. My son has had a severe mental illness called OCD for the last decade and it's nearly destroyed both of us individually and currently threatens our relationship. So yeah, that's one that bugs me.

And social injustice. Don't even get me started on social injustice!

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have no patience for opinionated people who can give it but not take it. Life is too short to be a pawn in someone else’s script.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have no patience for opinionated people who can give it but not take it. Life is too short to be a pawn in someone else’s script.

On that note, people who rush to share things on social media without knowing the facts annoy me. When people try to weaponize social media to "out" someone (I think they call it doxxing them these days) all it does is create more problems.

There was a discussion elsewhere about that kid from Covington Catholic school and the people who were trying to "name and shame" him, presumably knowing that some nutjob out there is going to use the information to harm him or his family. I saw a few posts from friends where they shared information including the name, except the name was wrong. And one day that could be their kids in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons. I'd ask anyone - before sharing a post like that ask yourself how you would respond if you saw your kid, your niece or nephew, being named and shamed like that, especially if it wasn't even them. But by then it's too late because some idiot has posted their name and home address for the world to see. Good luck funding the move you're going to have to make soon when the nutjobs come calling, except that even if you move the chances are some idiot with nothing better to do will track you down and post your new address.

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes

That would be ME! I am pretty opinionated ... but not all the time, though. Just when I have an opinion.

Top Bottom