NONE OFFENCE

Doug

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 10:32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:

I understand that the above verse identifies those whom we should not offend.

The Jews, are unbelieving Jews.

The Gentiles, are unbelieving Gentiles.

1 Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

The church of God consists of kingdom saints; Jews or Gentiles that believed the gospel of the kingdom, preached by Jesus and the twelve Apostles. It also consists of Jews and Gentiles, in the body of Christ, that believed the gospel of grace preached by Paul.

They are all in Christ. Jesus Christ is both their Lord, and ours. This implies two groups of saints. "Theirs" is the saints that are in Christ by believing on the name of Jesus, and believed the gospel of the kingdom. "Ours" are the saints who believed Paul's gospel, who are in the body of Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

At the time referenced above, Paul persecuted the church of God. At this time, the church of God consisted only of Jews and Gentiles who believed on the name of Jesus, and believed the gospel of the kingdom; kingdom saints. It is only in Paul's epistles that we read of the body of Christ. The body of Christ was revealed only to Paul, and when he persecuted the church of God, this was not yet revealed. Paul had yet to have the Lord Jesus speak to him on the road to Damascus.

It is obvious that, Paul called the kingdom saints the church of God.

1 Corinthians 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

Also obvious, is that Paul addressed the church of God as being the body of Christ.

Therefore, it can be concluded, that the church of God, is comprised of kingdom saints and body of Christ saints.

Top Bottom