FredVB

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Take this, all of you, and eat it:
this is my body which will be given up for you.
Take this, all of you, and drink from it:
this is the cup of my blood,
the blood of the new and everlasting covenant.
It will be shed for you and for many
so that sins may be forgiven.
Do this in memory of me.

We use present tenses in the above...

Take...
Eat...
This is My Body
Which is Broken for you...
For the Remission of sins...

The contrast between the two Services illumines much...

And now for "The Bible Answer Man" to weigh in...

Mr. Hank Hannigraf of near total Biblical recall...

The Sola Scriptura man among men...

A man whom I should add many Protestants detest now...

I am not sure, but I think he came down with cancer...

And in the "Come to Jesus" time after that, he came to Orthodoxy:

Here he is talking about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByeKHiowIlA

That Hank Hanegraaff turned to Eastern Orthodox Christian faith means though that he has come to believe this faith in the presence of Jesus Christ in the bread wafers at that time. When I listened to him long ago, before this change was announced, I never heard him discuss that. But far earlier when I grew out of early Catholic acceptance I came to understand that with coming to Jesus Christ in real faith I am in the body of Christ on earth and I have the presence of Jesus Christ in me. In the event recorded in the Bible, Jesus said first, "With fervent desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer." In this he said it was the Passover meal for them, which is with symbolism as it is, and Jesus was connecting it with suffering he was just about to experience on behalf of his followerers. He spoke saying, "Do this in remembrance of me." His coming suffering for us was very much on his mind, and we should be remembering him for that. This is why we who are his followerers continue to have communion, for doing that in remembrance. Jesus also said, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is shed for you." This new covenant was referring back to what Jeremiah spoke of, which the disciples there understood. What is this new covenant? It is a covenant that was prophesied to be internal within us. It is made possible in Jesus Christ shedding his blood for us in his suffering for us and his crucifixion. That is the effective atonement. The bread and the wine in communion, not what is promised to be effective for that in biblical teaching, are symbols of his suffering and atonement for us, in our remembrance with that. The Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox teaching for it is different from the biblical teaching.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
That Hank Hanegraaff turned to Eastern Orthodox Christian faith means though that he has come to believe this faith in the presence of Jesus Christ in the bread wafers at that time. When I listened to him long ago, before this change was announced, I never heard him discuss that. But far earlier when I grew out of early Catholic acceptance I came to understand that with coming to Jesus Christ in real faith I am in the body of Christ on earth and I have the presence of Jesus Christ in me. In the event recorded in the Bible, Jesus said first, "With fervent desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer." In this he said it was the Passover meal for them, which is with symbolism as it is, and Jesus was connecting it with suffering he was just about to experience on behalf of his followerers. He spoke saying, "Do this in remembrance of me." His coming suffering for us was very much on his mind, and we should be remembering him for that. This is why we who are his followerers continue to have communion, for doing that in remembrance. Jesus also said, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is shed for you." This new covenant was referring back to what Jeremiah spoke of, which the disciples there understood. What is this new covenant? It is a covenant that was prophesied to be internal within us. It is made possible in Jesus Christ shedding his blood for us in his suffering for us and his crucifixion. That is the effective atonement. The bread and the wine in communion, not what is promised to be effective for that in biblical teaching, are symbols of his suffering and atonement for us, in our remembrance with that. The Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox teaching for it is different from the biblical teaching.

Hank did not want to die as the Bible Answer Man...

He wanted to die in the Orthodox Faith...

I do too...

Arsenios

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Jesus is present where two or more are gathered together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
220nov_3915.jpg

"Orthodox temples have kept to the same form and function since ancient times. Using the Old Testament Temple model, Orthodox churches are divided into several courts or spaces peculiar to their function. The Holy Table, upon which is celebrated the Eucharist, is situated at the east end of the building behind the Iconostasis (icon screen). This is a continuation of and corresponds to the Holy of Holies in the ancient Israelite temple in Jerusalem.

The whole area behind the iconostasis is called the altar, and is considered the most sacred part of the temple. While great respect must be shown throughout the Church, the altar is very special. It is here that the Holy Spirit descends making the offering of bread and wine in to the Body and Blood of Christ."

This is a very Hierarchical Divine Liturgy...

Probably a Patriarchical one with so many concelebrating Bishops...

Every one of those guys with a big crown on his head is a Bishop...

You hardly ever find this many in one Service...

The Bishops normally refer to themselves as Deacons...

eg Servants of the Most High God...

There is nothing higher than a servant in this Faith...

A.

Last edited:
Top Bottom