Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Do you believe the message has been preached throughout the world?
This untouched group who figures around 40 - 200 individuals are named after their island the "sentinal" which means "guarding", they reject all outside contact and have yet to be preached the gospel of Salvation.

Will we ever reach them or are they destined for hell?

Thoughts?

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
This untouched group who figures around 40 - 200 individuals are named after their island the "sentinal" which means "guarding", they reject all outside contact and have yet to be preached the gospel of Salvation.

Thoughts?
God has many ways of reaching people of every tribe and tongue. For all we know the island may already know the Savior.
However, God is not obligated to save any person. We all deserve hell and can only that God for being gracious to us.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
God has many ways of reaching people of every tribe and tongue. For all we know the island may already know the Savior.
However, God is not obligated to save any person. We all deserve hell and can only that God for being gracious to us.
God has many ways indeed but would this include human contact? The Bible clearly states that we are to preach the Gospel to the ends of the world and then shall the great day begin.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
God has many ways indeed but would this include human contact? The Bible clearly states that we are to preach the Gospel to the ends of the world and then shall the great day begin.
Did God ever reveal himself to people in dreams in scripture? How did the wise men know to look for the King of the Jews?

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Did God ever reveal himself to people in dreams in scripture? How did the wise men know to look for the King of the Jews?
Amen. :)
I had a dream last night that stood out further than any dream I had before.
The Lord told me that everyone you come across, everyone you see regardless of what you know about them -indefinitely has the spirit of Adam which is "to become as gods" being independently and permanently expelled from God, I gathered that God is searching the hearts of all peoples (I remember in my dream vividly seeing the bellies of very ethnical and numerous individuals) and is dealing with them each spiritually on a level we cannot comprehend or even explain and that he loves us all unconditionally and is knocking on all doors.
Not sure what else I can make of it but that was the basic message I got from it :)
Anyway....

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
The Lord told me that everyone you come across, everyone you see regardless of what you know about them -indefinitely has the spirit of Adam which is "to become as gods" being independently and permanently expelled from God, I gathered that God is searching the hearts of all peoples (I remember in my dream vividly seeing the bellies of very ethnical and numerous individuals) and is dealing with them each spiritually on a level we cannot comprehend or even explain and that he loves us all unconditionally and is knocking on all doors.
Not sure what else I can make of it but that was the basic message I got from it :)
Anyway....
You know...Joseph Smith and Muhammad also had visions and dreams.
How do we test the spirits? (Another subject)

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Here you are pointing out that God can communicate through dreams...
You know...Joseph Smith and Muhammad also had visions and dreams.
How do we test the spirits? (Another subject)
And here you are saying "you know... Joseph smith blah blah blah"...

What gives Menno?
I don't care if you believe in my interpretation of a dream I had last night or not.. nor if you believe or not that I even had such a dream..but boy or boy are you something else.. ;)

Last edited:

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Here you are pointing out that God can communicate through dreams...And here you are saying "you know... Joseph smith blah blah blah"...

What gives Menno?
I don't care if you believe in my interpretation of a dream I had last night or not.. nor if you believe or not that I even had such a dream..but boy or boy are you something else.. ;)
My point is that we test the spirits.
Charles Taze Russell attempted to prophesy the end of the world, but it didn't come true. Clearly his visions didn't come from God. Sometimes, most often, dreams are just dreams. Scripture helps us test them to see if there is anything more.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
My point is that we test the spirits.
Charles Taze Russell attempted to prophesy the end of the world, but it didn't come true. Clearly his visions didn't come from God. Sometimes, most often, dreams are just dreams. Scripture helps us test them to see if there is anything more.
The north sentinel island doesn't have scripture though, this thread is about them and if it's necessary for us to preach the gospel to them

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Thoughts?

This curiosity pretty much substantiates the idea that the Gospel has been preached to all nations, though, doesn't it?

So now the question might be:

What is next in God's planning, i.e. what the Bible says about the end of the age?

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
This curiosity pretty much substantiates the idea that the Gospel has been preached to all nations, though, doesn't it?

So now the question might be:

What is next in God's planning, i.e. what the Bible says about the end of the age?
After it has been spread throughout the world the end will come, I believe it's in Matthew

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That's my understanding, too. Makes a person think, doesn't it? In the whole history of Christianity, the faith was being spread somewhere, but only in the age of modern electronic communications can it be said with reasonable assurance that the whole world has been reached, so are we about the see the beginning of the end?

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
That's my understanding, too. Makes a person think, doesn't it? In the whole history of Christianity, the faith was being spread somewhere, but only in the age of modern electronic communications can it be said with reasonable assurance that the whole world has been reached, so are we about the see the beginning of the end?
I saw an article about that missionary who was 'martyred' there, they thought it as prophetic and may have been the fulfilment.
I doubt they got that message or even understood what he was trying to communicate with them.
We are pretty sure that they are the last island of people who refuse contact with the outside world.
Interesting thought

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I saw an article about that missionary who was 'martyred' there, they thought it as prophetic and may have been the fulfilment.
I doubt they got that message or even understood what he was trying to communicate with them.
We are pretty sure that they are the last island of people who refuse contact with the outside world.
Interesting thought

Yes, it is an interesting piece of historical trivia, but it does not mean that the cause of taking the Gospel to all nations is incomplete. If that has actually been accomplished, and Scripture indicates that the end is near as a result, what should we expect next, and when, and what should we do about it? On the other hand, we could see the Scriptural admonition differently, not so literal as this. I just think its an intriguing set of questions that most ordinary churchgoers don't give much thought to.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it is an interesting piece of historical trivia, but it does not mean that the cause of taking the Gospel to all nations is incomplete. If that has actually been accomplished, and Scripture indicates that the end is near as a result, what should we expect next, and when, and what should we do about it? On the other hand, we could see the Scriptural admonition differently, not so literal as this. I just think its an intriguing set of questions that most ordinary churchgoers don't give much thought to.
They should give it a lot of thought as it is evident that something is about to happen, even unbelievers are feeling it as well. I dont know the order of what will happen or when but I think we all need to be ready for what is coming. We need to build our faith level and accept the fact that God does heal, that He does provide for I think there will be a day not far away that perhaps doctors and hospitals will not be available and persecution of the church will happen in this country. Not to hard to see that a civil war in this country is not out of the question or a suspension of the constitution. Trump has already stated a desire to not have congress

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
They should give it a lot of thought as it is evident that something is about to happen, even unbelievers are feeling it as well. I dont know the order of what will happen or when but I think we all need to be ready for what is coming. We need to build our faith level and accept the fact that God does heal, that He does provide for I think there will be a day not far away that perhaps doctors and hospitals will not be available and persecution of the church will happen in this country. Not to hard to see that a civil war in this country is not out of the question or a suspension of the constitution. Trump has already stated a desire to not have congress

Hmmm. Well, I suppose that your post could offer an illustration of coming unrest when people attempt to undermine political and social stability by inventing tales about the alleged wrongdoings of the governors and the more prosperous classes in society. Then, in the minds of society's less well informed members, these stories are mistaken for the truth and produce a reaction, albeit a response that's been generated by means of circulating a fiction. That is very much what happened early in the French Revolution, and there is no reason to think that it could not happen again.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm. Well, I suppose that your post could offer an illustration of coming unrest when people attempt to undermine political and social stability by inventing tales about the alleged wrongdoings of the governors and the more prosperous classes in society. Then, in the minds of society's less well informed members, these stories are mistaken for the truth and produce a reaction, albeit a response that's been generated by means of circulating a fiction. That is very much what happened early in the French Revolution, and there is no reason to think that it could not happen again.
Truth also has a way of causing that as well

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Anyway....

That dream is a keeper...
Let no one take it from you...

God Bless You Brother...
I came that route...

Most do not...

And most coming that route...
Do not even survive...

Great Gifts from God are Given
To those who come through great tribulations...
Whose faith is proven in such fires...
Faith is proven in the human soul and body...

So the curse is the Blessing...
And Blessings can end up being curses...
When the person on earth is not tried...
In the Baptism of Fire...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
The north sentinel island doesn't have scripture though, this thread is about them and if it's necessary for us to preach the gospel to them

It was preached to them, and they killed the preacher...

The end seems nigh...

Arsenios

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No

The history of the contact between those who term themselves as "civilized" and those whom they consider as "savage" has had overwhelmingly negative consequences for the "savages". They have made it very clear that they want nothing whatsoever to do with us. We need to honour that. I am reminded of the Jesuit missionaries to the Huron tribe in Ontario. The Hurons died in great numbers to smallpox and as they lay dying the Jesuits baptized them and wrote back to Europe that the "harvest for the Lord was great''. It is estimated by historians and demographers that in the century following first contact with with the Europeans about 90% of the native inhabitants of the Americas were dead. The vast majority died of European diseases and the survivors were subject to colonization, exploitation and genocide. Christianity was an absolute disaster for those people. For the love of God let the North Sentinalese people be!

Top Bottom