IF YE CONTINUE IN THE FAITH

Doug

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Colossians 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

If ye continue in the faith does not mean we are saved unto eternal life by our effort to remain in the faith. It is not saying that if we do not continue in the faith, we lose salvation.

These verses are encouraging us to continue in the faith in order to please God, and recieve reward at the judgment seat of Christ.
We, by the faith of Christ, have been reconciled. We have peace with God through the blood of His cross.

1 Thessalonians 4:1 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.

We are to please God in our daily living.

2 Corinthians 5:9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

We will recieve reward at the judgment seat.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Yes.

Where there is faith in Christ as Savior, there is justification. Where there is none, there is not. Ain't rocket science.

NOW, that said, I leave room for doubt (doubt is a matter of the head, not the heart and soul) and faith can certainly ebb and flow, increase and decrease - but it's not the quality or intensity of the faith that matters but the OBJECT of it - Jesus Christ. "Lord, I believe... help Thou my unbelief" is a prayer that has probably been on all our lips.

FredVB

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Continuing in the faith, truly important for believers, shows evidence of those who are real, distinguished from the false believers among us who won't continue.

"We will recieve reward at the judgment seat." True, but it is never the righteousness we need, that is only from Christ.

Top Bottom