Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Who taught you to cook? Did you have a relative or neighbor or were you self-taught? This includes baking too :D

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
self taught and it wasnt good for the first three months or so.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Mom. Myself.

I like to cook, although now do so only occasionally on some weekends.

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Cooking is a passion for me. I reluctantly picked up some skills from my mom when she would force me to help her. My dad in his many rolls was a butcher, so a few times a year he would butcher a whole hog or half a cow, not to mention wild game. He taught me to make all sorts of sausage and cure meats. I hated those weekends, I would rather spend my time playing sandlot baseball with the neighbor kids. When I left home, I was eating out what I thought was great food, I thought I was tired of home cooking. I began cooking again for health reasons and now I can't stop. I took some professional baking classes a few years ago, mainly for yeast breads (trying to distance myself from preservatives). And now it's rare that I don't bake something from boule to herb focaccia, artisan breads, pizza dough and even pastas!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Cooking is a passion for me. I reluctantly picked up some skills from my mom when she would force me to help her. My dad in his many rolls was a butcher, so a few times a year he would butcher a whole hog or half a cow, not to mention wild game. He taught me to make all sorts of sausage and cure meats. I hated those weekends, I would rather spend my time playing sandlot baseball with the neighbor kids. When I left home, I was eating out what I thought was great food, I thought I was tired of home cooking. I began cooking again for health reasons and now I can't stop. I took some professional baking classes a few years ago, mainly for yeast breads (trying to distance myself from preservatives). And now it's rare that I don't bake something from boule to herb focaccia, artisan breads, pizza dough and even pastas!

Have you thought about making sausages again? I bought a meat grinder to grind meats for the homemade raviolis and I think it would be easy to take it to the next step for sausages.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't really know how to cook much, especially from scratch. If it comes in a box or can be microwaved though I'm your man.

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Have you thought about making sausages again? I bought a meat grinder to grind meats for the homemade raviolis and I think it would be easy to take it to the next step for sausages.

I would love to have a meat grinder! I have been looking for a hand crank one, I don't know what happened to my dad's. It got lost over time, I remember it big and bulky, he would attach it to a bench and I would grind what seemed to me all day. Yes! I still make fresh sausage all the time. Of course it's in bulk since I don't have a grinder with a feeder. I guess I could get one for my stand mixer. But I love to make sausage, breakfast, Italian, and Chorizo are my main ones. My bother's boss has a pig farm so every year he gives my brother tons of ground pork for Christmas and my brother hands it over to me.

:cheer:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Vince you can buy them at Field and Stream.

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Vince you can buy them at Field and Stream.

Very cool, thanks! I'm going to take a look. I found some on Amazon, but I couldn't tell if they were like the one my dad had. I don't think I'll find one, his looked like it was 500 years old. ;)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't really know how to cook much, especially from scratch. If it comes in a box or can be microwaved though I'm your man.

Proper microwave cooking can be an art in itself!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I bought my meat grinder on Amazon. I don't know how heavy duty it really is but for what I do it is worth the money. My complaint is that the area you push the meat down into is very small.

Webster

Religious Affiliation
Methodist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Who taught me how to cook? Mom.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I bought my meat grinder on Amazon. I don't know how heavy duty it really is but for what I do it is worth the money. My complaint is that the area you push the meat down into is very small.
I have the same problem with mine but to get something decent sized costs way to much for me

Top Bottom