Winter fun?

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I go ice skating on a lake that we live by...I used to go sledding when I was really young..but I'm too big for the sled now LOL

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I go ice skating on a lake that we live by...I used to go sledding when I was really young..but I'm too big for the sled now LOL

Get a bigger sled!

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
It's Hockey Day in Minnesota today. High School and College teams playing in Bemidji on an outdoor rink (televised on Fox Sports North). Temps around zero for a high. 2500+ fans lining the rink, drinking coffee and cocoa (hot chocolate), cheering on their team. Welcome to winter fun!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's Hockey Day in Minnesota today. High School and College teams playing in Bemidji on an outdoor rink (televised on Fox Sports North). Temps around zero for a high. 2500+ fans lining the rink, drinking coffee and cocoa (hot chocolate), cheering on their team. Welcome to winter fun!

Nothing stops those Minnesotans!

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Isn't zero considered pretty hot for this time of year?

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Seeing snow falling now. Wondering how long it will be before cars are spinning their wheels failing to get up the nearby hill, and how long before the fire and ambulance people are out recovering people from ditches.

Last year one of the roads was closed because of the snow and the people from the fire station were out turning people away. It was seriously cold and I could see one of the diversion points from my house, so I took some hot tea out for the guy manning the post. He appreciated it. Turned out it was a guy I loosely know from town who I didn't know was a fireman. Hoping for their sake they don't have to do that again this year.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
68 degrees here in Texas... no winter fun here except for playing chicken with the deer and boar on the roadways (they run around a lot on cool nights to stay warm)..

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Not really enjoying weather this cold, but appreciate the chance to find the last few lurking gaps in my brickwork. Now I'm down to the tinest gaps and gaps in the most inaccessible areas. It's really fun trying to press cement into a crack by hand (because the trowel won't fit into the space), more or less working blind because I can't see into the space, and I can't get a light into the space because I need one hand to hold the cement mix and the other to press it into place, so I don't have a third hand to hold the light.

Top Bottom