Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Here we can talk about our health goals for 2019 as well as post any downfalls and seek encouragement.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
But first, let me finish off last night's pizza before I get started LOL

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
For me its candy this morning and a panini for lunch with of course pork and saurkraut to finish. No goals for health as mine is just what it is

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
With my thyroid gone and being on hormones I'm still trying to figure out the ratio of food to exercise I need for maintaining weight before I can start to lose weight. I'm very happy to report that I can eat almost twice as much daily compared to 2017/2018. It's been fun pigging out :)

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
With my thyroid gone and being on hormones I'm still trying to figure out the ratio of food to exercise I need for maintaining weight before I can start to lose weight. I'm very happy to report that I can eat almost twice as much daily compared to 2017/2018. It's been fun pigging out :)
Good for you Lamm denying yourself food is no fun and everything good has lots of calories

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Good for you Lamm denying yourself food is no fun and everything good has lots of calories

Back then when my thyroid was being destroyed by itself I couldn't eat more than 1200-1500 calories a day without gaining weight. It was a nightmare and I was working out for an hour and a half a day!! Every day I remember writing to one of my good friends telling her how hungry I was. Doctors go by numbers and don't believe patients when they tell them they're limiting calories and working out and the body isn't showing results.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I want to loose weight and get off my diabetes medication. (If I can) I also want to get my mental health under control.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I want to continue to work on my health issues. I am having pain in my hip area and neck, upper back and lower back and arms and knees. Been putting ice on my back and put the heating pad on the hip. So far it has helped. I also just took some acetenemenaphan. I don't know how to spell that word! The pain has stopped me from exercising. It gets worse when I exercise. My doctor ordered physical therapy for my neck and knees. I haven't gone because I know the exercise entails using my arms and they hurt worse when I exercise with them. I can't take NSAID pain relievers because of my liver condition. When I used to take them they helped, though. Nothing I take helps the arm pain and I don't know what's causing it other than maybe muscle wasting. I don't know if muscle wasting causes pain. Maybe I'll google it. Thanks for reading my rant about the pains.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I want to continue to work on my health issues. I am having pain in my hip area and neck, upper back and lower back and arms and knees. Been putting ice on my back and put the heating pad on the hip. So far it has helped. I also just took some acetenemenaphan. I don't know how to spell that word! The pain has stopped me from exercising. It gets worse when I exercise. My doctor ordered physical therapy for my neck and knees. I haven't gone because I know the exercise entails using my arms and they hurt worse when I exercise with them. I can't take NSAID pain relievers because of my liver condition. When I used to take them they helped, though. Nothing I take helps the arm pain and I don't know what's causing it other than maybe muscle wasting. I don't know if muscle wasting causes pain. Maybe I'll google it. Thanks for reading my rant about the pains.
Praying for you Ruth, love you

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Oh no. Are you allowed to take magnesium? I know it works for me in reducing inflammation and I take 2 pills daily. There are 3 different kinds of magnesium and you would need to research which one is best for your body.

I hope it's nothing serious for you!

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Oh no. Are you allowed to take magnesium? I know it works for me in reducing inflammation and I take 2 pills daily. There are 3 different kinds of magnesium and you would need to research which one is best for your body.

I hope it's nothing serious for you!
I think magnesium is okay. How many mg. are the pills?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think magnesium is okay. How many mg. are the pills?

The ones I take are 2 pills for a dosage and that's 250mg total. I take Magnesium Citrate and they aren't very cheap but they've really helped me. After my last surgery I noticed my knees would swell but these fix that up fast.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've been going out for walks, especially the areas where there are some small hills and it's been nice. I can always breathe deeper after a good walk!

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I need to regain some fitness and shake a bit of surplus padding around the middle. 2018 was very wet so I didn't get out hiking as often as I would have liked. So far my wife and I have taken to a walk around town - it's about 3 miles on gently rolling hills. Nothing fancy but every bit helps.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I need to regain some fitness and shake a bit of surplus padding around the middle. 2018 was very wet so I didn't get out hiking as often as I would have liked. So far my wife and I have taken to a walk around town - it's about 3 miles on gently rolling hills. Nothing fancy but every bit helps.

3 hilly miles is a very nice walk! Plus being in the town you don't get the winter wind on your faces as much.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I've been going out for walks, especially the areas where there are some small hills and it's been nice. I can always breathe deeper after a good walk!
Walks can do wonders! I like to walk with my dog.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Walks can do wonders! I like to walk with my dog.

I think having a dog made me more disciplined in having to get out and walk her. But now I'm dogless and just walk around to look at the neighborhood dogs LOL

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I think having a dog made me more disciplined in having to get out and walk her. But now I'm dogless and just walk around to look at the neighborhood dogs LOL
Cool, I like to look at the designs of the houses and buildings--lots of variation here. We do see other dogs when walking and Suzy usually wants to try and make friends with them but sometimes she doesn't want to, too. She tends to like dogs more like what she looks like and bares her teeth at big dogs. I think she is intimidated by them because she's a little girl.

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm working on giving up drinking soda (I used to drink like 3 Mountain Dews a day)

Now I'm drinking nothing but Gatorade or water.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
I'm working on giving up drinking soda (I used to drink like 3 Mountain Dews a day)

Now I'm drinking nothing but Gatorade or water.

I did this for a short time (I still don't recall why...) and lost some weight. I'm not sure of the cause/effect link, though. It was diet soda, so I'm curious now about all the (supposed) links between diet soda and weight gain.
*Disclaimer: I've looked at both sides of the issue already, so please no-one try to convince me one way or the other. Thank you :)

Top Bottom