Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Tell us what you REALLY think, Bill.....

As for some wholesale rejection of Trump, well...

1. We just had mid-term elections, where the libs told us there would be an anti-Trump REVOLUTION and the Dems would sweep both houses in a landslide (in true, some Republicans said this too). But the Republicans GAINED seats in the Senate and "lost" only about the average number of seats in the house as typically happens in mid-terms toward the president's party. Bottom line: There is NOTHING in the mid-terms that reveals any widespread rejection of Trump.

2. Yup, the very people who elect a president often turn on him in approval polls... ALWAYS happens! Trump is in the same general ballpark as most presidents in the past at the two-year point. Indeed, a president with the LOWEST approval at this point (Reagan) went on two years later to win one of the biggest landslides in history. There's nothing in the polls that suggest some huge rejection of him.

3. Yup, Trump has his personal issues. And there was a time (LONG, LONG ago) when Americans cared about that. But remember: Clinton ADMITTED to a FELONY committed WHILE IN OFFICE and no one gave a rip. Clinton finally (after lying about it over and over) finally admitted to sexually assulting a young female intern... right in the Oval Office of the White House.... and the press shouted that it doesn't matter... and his wife (and future presidential candidate) threw the woman under the bus and insisted that women generally make these things up for publicity. Trump may PERSONALLY be a jerk.... but here's the reality, few Americans care - about Clinton or Trump or anyone else for that matter. Even FELONIES committed while in office don't matter, not a bit, not at all, doesn't matter, no one cares.

4. There is NO SIGN that any Republican plans to run against Trump in 2 years..... We'd expect by now committees to have been formed, BIG contribution events happening.... NONE of that is happening; there appears to be no Republican wbo plans to take him on or who things they can defeat Trump for re-nomination. Even among the Democrats, it is SHOCKING how little is happening! By this point, we usually have declared candidates and lots of events, but so far, pretty much crickets over at the Democrat's Party. So if YOU think he's sunk, it seems you may hold to a minority position. There's no evidence the politicians agree with you. Oh, there WILL be a campaign but with no "sure bet revolution" behind it.

5. I'm not sure I disagree with you on being close to a traitor. But then I think that fits Hilary Clinton even more.... I'm shocked she's not in jail right now. Yeah, she's a democrat and thus the liberal Press protects her but still.

Democracy may be the best system there is.... but that doesn't make it good.
Bob Corker?

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
7ff99d93539d90a3ddc032c289c976cb.jpg

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/politics/donald-trump-shutdown-border-wall-funding/index.html

I haven't made it any secret that I am not a fan of Trump. I think that Congress needs to pass a budget and not spend money like it is unlimited and stop us going further and further into debt

I'm not sure I'd regard CNN as an objective news source, particularly where Trump is concerned.

Overall I'm still glad we have Trump in the White House rather than Clinton but think what he's doing now is destructive. We need to enforce immigration rules but a wall seems like a hugely expensive way to solve the wrong problem. The big time drug dealers and criminals (you know, the ones you really want to be keeping out) will fly over the top or tunnel underneath it, while the little guys who are just wanting to work to provide for themselves (the ones that some might say are "taking all the jobs" but often it's not as if there's a long line of Americans looking to do the jobs) are kept out. Light aircraft could be dealt with but only by an administration willing to take the flak (pun fully intended) of literally bringing down unauthorised aircraft crossing the border. I'm sure the coyotes would soon get the message, once a few of them were shot down by anti-aircraft missiles. But then there's the issue of tunnels, and the impact on local wildlife, and so on. As one commentator I read put it, you can't give a male jaguar a key to the gate and explain that the lady jaguars are the other side of the wall.

Since western birth rates are falling, sooner or later we're going to need to bolster numbers from somewhere. We're already facing a demographic time bomb, where people expect to retire only to find there aren't enough people still working to fund their retirement. Social Security is little more than a giant Ponzi scheme that can't possibly cope indefinitely. It would make far more sense to manage immigration responsibly, figuring out what the nation needs and allowing controlled numbers of people in to meet that need. Whether that means doctors and physicists or tobacco pickers and janitors doesn't really matter - if we need more janitors and can't find local people willing to do the work we need to import janitors. Perhaps some managed process whereby people can enter as a guest worker for a defined period, and if they pay their taxes and keep their noses clean provide a legal pathway to permanent residence and eventually citizenship.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Look, I didnt say because he won. He has endangered our national security and helped the russians in doing so. His national security advisor just resigned over differences and it is obvious that he is dishonest, he needs to go

I think he's better for national security than Obama was. Obama seemed to do little more than bow and scrape to other world leaders. Trump, for all his bluff and bluster, at least appears to have achieved more with North Korea than other leaders have in years. Maybe they'll still prove untrustworthy but at least there are some signs of progress. Even if only that there's enough bluff and bluster to make it very clear that firing missiles our way will be met with an overwhelming response, rather than an endless sense of stepping back and asking them not to advance any further.

If being dishonest was a reason to go I suspect both houses would empty out overnight. It's pretty sad that we are in that position but it's not as if "he's dishonest" rules one person out much more than another.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Bottom line he is a liar, a bigot, a man who is untrustworthy.

You do like to make very bold statements as if they were absolute fact.

He has just handed the russians and the Iranians and the Turks all they want and have removed any barrier to a wholesale slaughter of our allies over there.

He is the worst president this country has ever seen and now on top of all that he wants to shut the government down for a very long time.

Yay.... more opinion presented as fact. For one who likes to use lines like "Spoken like a true Republican" you do seem to speak a lot like a mouthpiece for CNN. Perhaps what we need is a total shutdown of selected portions of the government. It would be interesting to see whether anybody notices. Certain parts of it would be noticed but if other sections were shut down and nobody noticed maybe we could finally start making some moves towards a smaller government.

Personally I hope he does and does it for a long time and then we will see how many Republicans get reelected. Of course forget the poor people whjo will be suuffering because of his gigantic ego. Call this what you want but it is fact he is a womanizzer, a liar, and is dangerously close to being a traitor.

You're really mixing and matching here. You're switching from wanting the government shut down to see Republicans voted out of office, then complaining that people will suffer, and then switching tack to complain that you think he's a womaniser. Are you saying it's OK for people to suffer as long as it gets Republicans out of office? How would you react to someone saying it's OK for people to suffer as long as it gets rid of Democrats in office?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
You do like to make very bold statements as if they were absolute fact.

Yay.... more opinion presented as fact. For one who likes to use lines like "Spoken like a true Republican" you do seem to speak a lot like a mouthpiece for CNN. Perhaps what we need is a total shutdown of selected portions of the government. It would be interesting to see whether anybody notices. Certain parts of it would be noticed but if other sections were shut down and nobody noticed maybe we could finally start making some moves towards a smaller government.

You're really mixing and matching here. You're switching from wanting the government shut down to see Republicans voted out of office, then complaining that people will suffer, and then switching tack to complain that you think he's a womaniser. Are you saying it's OK for people to suffer as long as it gets Republicans out of office? How would you react to someone saying it's OK for people to suffer as long as it gets rid of Democrats in office?
He is doing it no matter what anyone says so lets face it that will be the end result if it goes on long enough. As for opinion what I said is proven as far as his character goes, he has lied pretty much every day since in office and his ego is a known fact. A womanizer again pretty much proven, so what part is opinion?

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
400,000 federal workers are not getting paid on Dec. 31 because of his tantrum! These people have family and bills to pay.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
400,000 federal workers are not getting paid on Dec. 31 because of his tantrum! These people have family and bills to pay.
Yup, and congress does nothing. Trumps tantrums show just how petty he is.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yup, and congress does nothing. Trumps tantrums show just how petty he is.
I agree Bill. Trump doesn't have to worry about money so what does he care about anyone else?!

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I agree Bill. Trump doesn't have to worry about money so what does he care about anyone else?!

It may seem ironic, but the president is actually quite generous, often to strangers and near-strangers. And he has refused his salary as president, keeping that money in the US treasury for the benefit of the American people. Contrast this profile with that of his predecessor, Obama, who was 'on the take' for everything his whole life long and became a millionaire by becoming president.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Let's believe him and not give him the 5 billion

:smirk:

National sovereignty should rise above partisan sniggers and smirk...

Rule by Law?

Or Rule by Democrat Operatives?

How many illegal alien votes were made in Sanctuary State California alone last election?

Build the wall, whatever it takes...

Arsenios

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
It may seem ironic, but the president is actually quite generous, often to strangers and near-strangers. And he has refused his salary as president, keeping that money in the US treasury for the benefit of the American people. Contrast this profile with that of his predecessor, Obama, who was 'on the take' for everything his whole life long and became a millionaire by becoming president.

That is BS about Obama or in Trump's words "Fake News." Why when we speak our minds about Trump people have to start in on Obama I don't know. Trump is cheating federal workers out of their pay and ruining their holidays and lives! Never said he was not generous. Only that he is very rich (billionaire) and why would he care about others in need of money now in the fed. govt.?

Last edited:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
National sovereignty should rise above partisan sniggers and smirk...

Rule by Law?

Or Rule by Democrat Operatives?

How many illegal alien votes were made in Sanctuary State California alone last election?

Build the wall, whatever it takes...

Arsenios

The law says that the congress has control over the money and if they don't give Donald the money then tough for Donald.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
The law says that the congress has control over the money and if they don't give Donald the money then tough for Donald.

I am betting the wall will get built...

I sure hope so...

The only reason Pelosi won't help is because she hates Trump...

No way to be loyal to what is good for America...

Arsenios

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I am betting the wall will get built...

I sure hope so...

Arsenios

A wall to keep out south Americans and other Americans from Mexico southward?

Why not also a wall to keep Canadians out, a great north wall?

The USSR, when it still existed, built a kind of wall to keep western Europeans out and Eastern Europeans in.

Is that what Donald is aiming for?

Like the Wall Israel has to confine Palestinians?

I wonder why it seems good to you to have such walls, is it because God commands that the stranger be expelled from the lands of the USA?

Is it because God gave some special revelation saying that strangers are bad; rapists, killers, gang members, and disease carries?

No?

Then why do you support it so ardently?

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
America has more murderers than any other country on this Earth. They are American murderers and murder other Americans. Should we throw out all Americans, too? There are not as many illegals who commit such acts as our own.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
A wall to keep out south Americans and other Americans from Mexico southward?

Why not also a wall to keep Canadians out, a great north wall?

The USSR, when it still existed, built a kind of wall to keep western Europeans out and Eastern Europeans in.

Is that what Donald is aiming for?

Like the Wall Israel has to confine Palestinians?

I wonder why it seems good to you to have such walls, is it because God commands that the stranger be expelled from the lands of the USA?

Is it because God gave some special revelation saying that strangers are bad; rapists, killers, gang members, and disease carries?

No?

Then why do you support it so ardently?

I think he fully supports large scale immigration -

Just controlled immigration...

Legal immigration...

Not criminal immigration...

And not non-citizen voting...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
America has more murderers than any other country on this Earth. They are American murderers and murder other Americans. Should we throw out all Americans, too? There are not as many illegals who commit such acts as our own.

A lot of gang run trafficking in drugs and people is happening because we restrict immigration so much and leave the borders undefended...

That is why criminalization is a function of our border laws at this point...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

I love your Nativity Icon Avatar...

A.

Top Bottom