• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 58
    1. #1
      jsimms435's Avatar
      jsimms435 is offline Expert Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      3,213
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      6,285
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      16,236
      Level
      36
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      53.25%
      Rep Power
      448

      President refuses to sign spending bill

      https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/polit...ing/index.html

      A holiday government shutdown appeared more likely on Thursday after President Donald Trump informed House Republicans he would refuse to accept a stop-gap measure -- already passed by the Senate -- that doesn't include funds for his long-promised border wall.

      What was once a deal to avoid a Christmas partial shutdown was torpedoed Thursday by conservatives and Trump, who unleashed fury at another agreement that stops short of providing the $5 billion the President has demanded for the border.
      It was a closing burst of wrath in the final days of the Republican-majority House. If Trump cannot secure the money he is demanding for the wall now, it's unlikely he will see a spending bill that meets his requirement for at least two years as Democrats assume control.

      So, looks like we are going to have a government shut down. Do you agree with what Trump is doing? Why or why not?


      I haven't made it any secret that I am not a fan of Trump. I think that Congress needs to pass a budget and not spend money like it is unlimited and stop us going further and further into debt

    2. #2
      Ruth's Avatar
      Ruth is offline Expert Member
      61
      Mood:
      Piratey
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Midwest
      Posts
      4,629
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      11,762
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (18,195 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      18,502
      Level
      38
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      55.31%
      Rep Power
      422
      I don't agree with what he is doing or the way he is going about it. He is acting like a big baby throwing a tantrum by shutting the govt. down without the wall. I don't think a wall would do any good. There are ways to still get in this country if a wall were there. It cost too much, too, and we need other things more. I don't think the Mexicans are a big threat to us anyways. We have our own home grown unhinged people that do more harm than immigrants. The immigrants are not a big problem to us-it is a figment of Trump's imagination. He has blown a few cases of crimes into a major immigrant problem that does not exist. Can't wait till the Democrats take over the house next month.
      Judge tenderly, if you must. There is usually a side you have not heard, a story you know nothing about, and a battle waged that you are not having to fight.Hidden Content

    3. Likes Tigger liked this post
    4. #3
      Albion's Avatar
      Albion is online now Expert Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      3,127
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      15,943
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      21,286
      Level
      40
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      82.81%
      Rep Power
      637
      Well, only about 8% of the budget would be affected. It's popular to call it a "shutdown," but it really is far from that. That aside, the president almost must insist, considering that this is the #1 issue on the agenda of his supporters and the main issue on which he campaigned, as it also was with many of the members of Congress.

      By the way, anyone who thinks that a porous border is no big deal, just does not know the facts. If I try real hard, I can almost sympathize with people who say the wall itself is not a good idea while professing that we need something else done, but the notion that there is no problem at all is just na´ve.

    5. #4
      JRT is offline Apprentice Member
      75
      Married
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2016
      Posts
      160
      Country
      Canada
      CH Cash
      948
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      1,731
      Level
      13
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      94.61%
      Rep Power
      53
      Over the course of history a number of different walls have been built at great expense --- the Great Wall of China, Hadrian's Wall, the Berlin Wall, The Iron Curtain, the Maginot Line, the Siegfried Line --- all failed and are now little more than tourist attractions. Trump's Wall is just another Iron Curtain.

    6. Likes Tigger liked this post
    7. #5
      MoreCoffee's Avatar
      MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Fading awa...
       
      Mood:
      Secret
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      17,285
      Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      185
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (26,472 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      45,863
      Level
      55
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      30.49%
      Rep Power
      720
      Quote Originally Posted by jsimms435 View Post
      https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/polit...ing/index.html

      A holiday government shutdown appeared more likely on Thursday after President Donald Trump informed House Republicans he would refuse to accept a stop-gap measure -- already passed by the Senate -- that doesn't include funds for his long-promised border wall.

      What was once a deal to avoid a Christmas partial shutdown was torpedoed Thursday by conservatives and Trump, who unleashed fury at another agreement that stops short of providing the $5 billion the President has demanded for the border.
      It was a closing burst of wrath in the final days of the Republican-majority House. If Trump cannot secure the money he is demanding for the wall now, it's unlikely he will see a spending bill that meets his requirement for at least two years as Democrats assume control.

      So, looks like we are going to have a government shut down. Do you agree with what Trump is doing? Why or why not?


      I haven't made it any secret that I am not a fan of Trump. I think that Congress needs to pass a budget and not spend money like it is unlimited and stop us going further and further into debt
      Donald said that USA tax payers would not pay for the wall so why does he need five billion dollars of tax payers' funds for it?
      Saint Jude, author of the new testament letter.

      He is the patron of impossible causes because the scriptural Letter of St. Jude, which he authored, urges Christians to persevere in difficult times.

      Hidden Content

    8. Likes Tigger, Ruth liked this post
    9. #6
      psalms 91's Avatar
      psalms 91 is offline Silver Member
      Moderator
      Supporting Member
      70
      Mood:
      Happy
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Pa
      Posts
      13,516
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      6,733
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (5,005,048 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      60,627
      Level
      61
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      45.19%
      Rep Power
      636
      Quote Originally Posted by jsimms435 View Post
      https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/polit...ing/index.html

      A holiday government shutdown appeared more likely on Thursday after President Donald Trump informed House Republicans he would refuse to accept a stop-gap measure -- already passed by the Senate -- that doesn't include funds for his long-promised border wall.

      What was once a deal to avoid a Christmas partial shutdown was torpedoed Thursday by conservatives and Trump, who unleashed fury at another agreement that stops short of providing the $5 billion the President has demanded for the border.
      It was a closing burst of wrath in the final days of the Republican-majority House. If Trump cannot secure the money he is demanding for the wall now, it's unlikely he will see a spending bill that meets his requirement for at least two years as Democrats assume control.

      So, looks like we are going to have a government shut down. Do you agree with what Trump is doing? Why or why not?


      I haven't made it any secret that I am not a fan of Trump. I think that Congress needs to pass a budget and not spend money like it is unlimited and stop us going further and further into debt
      I agree and I hope they impeach him and get him out of there before he destroys this country. Syria if nothing else says hwe is helping the russians and destroying foreign policy in the process
      Isaiah 40:31

    10. Likes Tigger, Ruth liked this post
    11. #7
      jsimms435's Avatar
      jsimms435 is offline Expert Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      3,213
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      6,285
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      16,236
      Level
      36
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      53.25%
      Rep Power
      448
      Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
      Donald said that USA tax payers would not pay for the wall so why does he need five billion dollars of tax payers' funds for it?
      because he didn't tell the truth maybe?

    12. Likes MoreCoffee, Ruth liked this post
    13. #8
      Albion's Avatar
      Albion is online now Expert Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      3,127
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      15,943
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      21,286
      Level
      40
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      82.81%
      Rep Power
      637
      Quote Originally Posted by JRT View Post
      Over the course of history a number of different walls have been built at great expense --- the Great Wall of China, Hadrian's Wall, the Berlin Wall, The Iron Curtain, the Maginot Line, the Siegfried Line --- all failed and are now little more than tourist attractions. Trump's Wall is just another Iron Curtain.
      Well, the Berlin Wall worked quite well and Hungary has recently built a string of barriers of some sort along its borders in order to keep out Islamist invaders, and it is reported to be working very effectively. And how about the #1 example--Israel? She began construction of a wall about six years ago and most of the world said she shouldn't do it, that it wouldn't work, etc., yet in the last year before the wall, there were over 50,000 illegal entrants, whereas in the first year after its completion there were fewer than 10!

    14. #9
      Albion's Avatar
      Albion is online now Expert Member
      Married
      Mood:
      Friendly
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      3,127
      Country
      United States
      CH Cash
      15,943
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (0 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      21,286
      Level
      40
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      82.81%
      Rep Power
      637
      Quote Originally Posted by psalms 91 View Post
      I agree and I hope they impeach him and get him out of there before he destroys this country. Syria if nothing else says he is helping the russians and destroying foreign policy in the process
      Try to remember that we are a people that has traditionally valued the rule of law. We don't just impeach people because we had hoped that the other candidate had won instead. Well, most of us anyway; you do have Maxine Waters and some others of her ilk on your side there, not that that's anything to be proud of..

    15. #10
      MoreCoffee's Avatar
      MoreCoffee is offline Gold Member
      Fading awa...
       
      Mood:
      Secret
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      17,285
      Country
      Australia
      CH Cash
      185
      Post Thanks / Like
      CH Cash
      (26,472 Banked)
      vBActivity - Stats
      Points
      45,863
      Level
      55
      vBActivity - Bars
      Lv. Percent
      30.49%
      Rep Power
      720
      Quote Originally Posted by jsimms435 View Post
      because he didn't tell the truth maybe?
      Let's believe him and not give him the 5 billion

      Saint Jude, author of the new testament letter.

      He is the patron of impossible causes because the scriptural Letter of St. Jude, which he authored, urges Christians to persevere in difficult times.

      Hidden Content

    16. Likes Ruth liked this post

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •