Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
This video takes me back to my toddler years when adults were all giants in my eyes (I remember feeling really close to the ground). I could hear words but they had no meaning or substance.
https://youtu.be/Vt4Dfa4fOEY

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You REMEMBER that? Wow.

My earliest memory that is probably original and correct is when I was 2 (I think 2 1/2). My mother was driving the car and was involved in a fairly serious car accident. Car was totaled, lots of "first responders" present. Mom and us 3 kids were all fine, no injuries at all (except the car!). Now, I don't actually REMEMBER the event (not like a film; I have no memory of sequence or details), just a couple PICTURES (someone getting me out of the car seat.... all the vehicles and flashing red lights)... and a feeling of terror. I can confirm the accident (even the date) and that what I remember is valid so I think the memory is genuine. And it's not something I've thought about much so the likihood that I've "edited" it is not significant.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
You REMEMBER that? Wow.

I got a crazy memory and my family is always like "yeah right" lol
I remember crawling, I remember diaper changes (I clearly remember the way butt wipes and baby powder felt lol)...
I remember sitting up and looking up at my sister who was sitting in a chair with her backpack crying because it was storming outside and she didn't want to go outside to get on the buss. It's weird because it's just tiny bits I remember but the detail is incredible. Why do some memories stick and other things forgotten forever? [emoji53]

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I remember pre school, I remember being dressed up in a tiger suit for some sort of play lol I remember the first moments of 1rst grade being lost in the hallway and a lady came up to me and asked who my teacher was, I said Mrs. Chinn and the lady said something like "She will chew you up and spit you out".... I was afraid of my teacher ever since because I took that very literally lol

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I got a crazy memory and my family is always like "yeah right" lol
I remember crawling, I remember diaper changes (I clearly remember the way butt wipes and baby powder felt lol)...
I remember sitting up and looking up at my sister who was sitting in a chair with her backpack crying because it was storming outside and she didn't want to go outside to get on the buss. It's weird because it's just tiny bits I remember but the detail is incredible. Why do some memories stick and other things forgotten forever? [emoji53]

I don't have an answer, but my memories are like that also. I don't think I have any that come from before about age 4, but there doesn't seem to be any particular reason why some of them should have stuck while others are lost forever. The example you gave of an adult snapping at you or instilling some scary message probablyi explains itself, but other scenes that I can recall are just "there." They're not charged with emotion or meaning, nothing like that.

Top Bottom