Fruits of the Spirit

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
as 9 blessings are given from our Lord and savior Yeshua. A reminder is given by ole sh'aul of the fruits after a person leaves the land untouched for three yrs just as cefa' denied our Lord thrice. As cefa' did so it was according to Grace(favor), from my personal perstective.
"leave the land untouched for three yrs", is what I heard in the spirit.
Of the 9 fruits of the spirit has anyone ever thought of the blessing given yosef likened to the fruitful branch of patience.?
I did.
And likewise I was reminded of the 8 siblings also. While it is written that vengeance is the Lords. I was reminded that the First born of creation is blessed even More so by the Lord of Lights than ruven's blessing. Increasingly I find beauty with instruction.

I wonder if anyone would be so kind as to pair a fruit of the Spirit with the other 8 siblings.

blessings always., "bless those who curse".......

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
==============================================================================================

I think people will find that the “fruits” of the Spirit do not exist.

Galatians 5:22-23
22 But the fruit [[singular]] of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Ephesians 5:9: (For the fruit [[singular]] of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth; )

It's all or nothing. Including truth, note.

==============================================================================================

And in the light of the unsubstantiated claims that have been made about God's Holy Bible (claims that it teaches the existence of a "soul" that survives after death) -- despite a number of requests made for the evidence to be laid before us (see Post #36 in the "Would I be admitted?" thread http://christianityhaven.com/showthread.php?6076-Would-I-be-admitted&p=150459#post150459) – maybe a person could be forgiven for feeling like scratching their head a little.

How can someone (anyone) claim to {{have/be indwelt by/be controlled by/be empowered by/be baptised by or in/however expressed}} the Holy Spirit, if truth about God's Holy Word is being suppressed?

To a seeker... Might they wonder from that situation, if much of the Christian faith is a sham?

John 4:23-24:
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

1 Corinthians 5:8: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Ephesians 6:14: Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Matthew 5:16: Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

I think people will find that the “fruits” of the Spirit do not exist.

Galatians 5:22-23
22 But the fruit [[singular]] of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Ephesians 5:9: (For the fruit [[singular]] of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth; )

It's all or nothing. Including truth, note.

And in the light of the unsubstantiated claims that have been made about God's Holy Bible (claims that it teaches the existence of a "soul" that survives after death) -- despite a number of requests made for the evidence to be laid before us (see Post #36 in the "Would I be admitted?" thread http://christianityhaven.com/showthread.php?6076-Would-I-be-admitted&p=150459#post150459) – maybe a person could be forgiven for feeling like scratching their head a little.

How can someone (anyone) claim to {{have/be indwelt by/be controlled by/be empowered by/be baptised by or in/however expressed}} the Holy Spirit, if truth about God's Holy Word is being suppressed?

To a seeker... Might they wonder from that situation, if much of the Christian faith is a sham?

John 4:23-24:
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

1 Corinthians 5:8: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Ephesians 6:14: Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Matthew 5:16: Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Well,
All purpose and will of the Father of Lights is spoken of as a spirit of adoption by ole sh'aul.

So as pertaining to my question pedito. Have you ever thought of any parallels of the fruits of the spirit found in the nine siblings?
7 born of Leah and 2 born of Rachel.

Personally I likened patience with yosef.

Blessings Always

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

pinacled (Post #3):
So as pertaining to my question pedito. Have you ever thought of any parallels of the fruits of the spirit found in the nine siblings?
7 born of Leah and 2 born of Rachel.

Personally I likened patience with yosef.

I must confess I haven’t.

Without in any way indicating that there may not be great value and great insights to be derived from that exercise, it is one that had never occurred to me. And had it done so, it would probably have been down the priority list a bit, as it has now been entered.

pinacled appears to have a head start on the rest of us anyway, in this matter. So I assume that there are a number of people in CH who would be open to, and benefit from, his insights, I being one.

So so I encourage pinacled to feel free to share with us what he has found. It may even spur us to pick up the ball ourselves.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I understand this may be a difficult assessment for some to address. Of the fruits of the spirit.
Is there anyone here that could honestly consider their own lives being fully fruitfull in each attribute.

Though binyamin may of lacked in some areas. If not patience, Has anyone here considered what gifts of the spirit he was given?

Blessings Always

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I suppose I should point out in a kind way, the following:

Sons of Leah: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issacahar, Zebulun = 6 in all.

Sons of Rachel: Joseph, Benjamin = 2 in all.

So the sons of Leah and Rachel combined = 8 in all, not 9.

The rest of the original 12 were:

Sons of Bilhah: Dan, Naphtali = 2.

Sons of Zilpah: Gad, Asher = 2.

If a list of the 12 tribes is given, and if the two sons of Joseph (Ephraim and Manasseh) replace Joseph in that list, Levi is excluded. We still end up with 8 from Leah and Rachel.

I had hoped that pinacled would explain his thoughts on the count as he went into more detail, but he has yet to do so.

So I thought I’d provide the information. (I think I’ve got it right.)

Now, Jews knew their history very well. They knew how many full brothers and half brothers each of the 12 had. It was ingrained. Recognition was automatic. Does that help explain who Jesus was referring to in the special parable He taught? (The one that is normally twisted to give credence to a widespread belief of pagan origin.) If readers don't know which one that is, feel free to ask.

And the list of tribes in Revelation 7:4-8 is clearly fictitious, and is therefore symbolic.

[b[==============================================================================================[/B]

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

I suppose I should point out in a kind way, the following:

Sons of Leah: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issacahar, Zebulun = 6 in all.

Sons of Rachel: Joseph, Benjamin = 2 in all.

So the sons of Leah and Rachel combined = 8 in all, not 9.

The rest of the original 12 were:

Sons of Bilhah: Dan, Naphtali = 2.

Sons of Zilpah: Gad, Asher = 2.

If a list of the 12 tribes is given, and if the two sons of Joseph (Ephraim and Manasseh) replace Joseph in that list, Levi is excluded. We still end up with 8 from Leah and Rachel.

I had hoped that pinacled would explain his thoughts on the count as he went into more detail, but he has yet to do so.

So I thought I’d provide the information. (I think I’ve got it right.)

Now, Jews knew their history very well. They knew how many full brothers and half brothers each of the 12 had. It was ingrained. Recognition was automatic. Does that help explain who Jesus was referring to in the special parable He taught? (The one that is normally twisted to give credence to a widespread belief of pagan origin.) If readers don't know which one that is, feel free to ask.

And the list of tribes in Revelation 7:4-8 is clearly fictitious, and is therefore symbolic.

[b[==============================================================================================[/B]

Thankyou pedito,
Yes, Leah had 6 sons. And it wasn't long ago in the past that Dinah escaped my attention while studying bereishit(genesis..

For what ever reason the Lord intended. It seems only after walking in fellowship did I take notice yrs back.

A hint for those who are interested in contributing to the conversation.
There is a command with a promise that may give some perspective.
What did the children's father and mother have to say?

Blessings Always

Pedrito

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I thank pinacled for pointing out Dinah’s potential inclusion in any assignment of individual components of the fruit of the Spirit, with individual children of Jacob’s official wives.

My perception of Dinah had been limited to her role as instrumental in Judah’s becoming the Royal Tribe.

Isn’t it great that we can all learn from each other?

It's something I look forward to.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

I thank pinacled for pointing out Dinah’s potential inclusion in any assignment of individual components of the fruit of the Spirit, with individual children of Jacob’s official wives.

My perception of Dinah had been limited to her role as instrumental in Judah’s becoming the Royal Tribe.

Isn’t it great that we can all learn from each other?

It's something I look forward to.

Thankyou again for the kindness pedito,

Something I learned in the spirit about the sacradeness of scheshem is likened to a window full of light.

With uplifting song voices of encouragent were well received.

God has spoken from his sanctuary: "In triumph I will parcel out Shechem and measure off the Valley of Sukkoth.

Blessed be he that comes in the name...."

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?
17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Victory of joy blossoming to fruition in the firstfruits.

A freewill offering is only a stumbling block to those who lack in faith.

Think of the 9 fruits of the spirit as a reed measure. Then look to the 9 children of Yisrayl to find such attributes.
I think Rueben may of known joy.

Blessings Always

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Think of the 9 fruits of the spirit as a reed measure. Then look to the 9 children of Yisrayl to find such attributes.

Blessings Always

And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho.

2 And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich.

3 And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature.

4 And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.

5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.

6 And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.

7 And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.

8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord: Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

Where to find Joy.
I imagine this man being like a person from the tribe of Rueben.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
While the provisional waters are offered to the meekly arrayed children who have been given the honorable bond of peace.
Blessings be upon the throne of the voice of many waters.

Psalm 70 King James Version (KJV)
70 Make haste, o God, to deliver me; make haste to help me, O Lord.

2 Let them be ashamed and confounded that seek after my soul: let them be turned backward, and put to confusion, that desire my hurt.

3 Let them be turned back for a reward of their shame that say, Aha, aha.

4 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified.

5 But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou art my help and my deliverer; O Lord, make no tarrying.

Last edited:

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
The Day of the Lord
3 Dear friends, this is now my second letter to you. I have written both of them as reminders to stimulate you to wholesome thinking. 2 I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Savior through your apostles.

3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” 5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.[a]

11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

14 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. 15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

17 Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. 18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

Last edited:

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

Blessings Always
Was Hannah likened to a woman who was given a gift from a first born who knew the joy of plowing a field in winter.
Good soil is rare.

Sing, barren woman,
you who never bore a child;
burst into song, shout for joy,
you who were never in labor;
because more are the children of the desolate woman
than of her who has a husband,”
says the Lord.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Truth lies in stone and time is fluid.

The number of trees that have become fruitful as the nine children of Yisrayl have far out numbered the axe and its purpose. 

After a person finds the poor to be hopeful as the two unseperated doves of the promise given avraham. I hope the children will see a menorah of seven elder stars in the right hand of the Lord and humbly accept the branches of wisdom in yosefs patience and enduring love for his brethren and father. A love that surpasses suffering so that a new generation carries a promise like Caleb and the son of nun carried that fateful day..

A fruition of the spirit to recognize 15 children set apart as Shabbat trees.

A recognition of the water of efrayim flowing through the land of manesseh and honey offered in yhdh.

Blessings Always.

Top Bottom