Ways about biblical interpretation

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
We can look at the historical record and reach one conclusion, look at the morality implied and reach another conclusion or we can look at the spiritual thru spiritual eyes and gain eternal insights, truly it’s in the eyes of the beholder.

The 3 aspects of biblical truth can be seen as

1) the historical truth
2) the moral truth
3) the spiritual truth

Body soul and spirit of biblical translation can be viewed: …

1) Foundational in the historical sense , …
2) the moral content within the words written … recognizing that one must leave behind the vain things …
3) to hasten on to the eternal lasting things of oneness with the Great “I Am’ clothed in the images of love.

Scripture is made up of the seen and the unseen things. 2 Corinthians 4:18 what can be seen is temporary and what can not be seen is eternal.

Scripture consists of:
1) the body which is the visible letter,
2) the soul which is the meaning found within it,
3) and a spirit which has something of the heavenly within it.

They serve as the copy and shadow of the heavenly
sanctuary. Hebrews 8:5 In seeing this let us not seek out the letter but the soul and in doing so we will ascend to the spirit.

The other important aspect is the Who of Who Jesus is, according to analogies of the OT tabernacle backed up with NT scripture. (found within the links) Not just what is said about the historical Jesus, or the moral teacher but what is the spiritual of the tabernacle that I believe to be a copy of Christ and His mission.

A good book on the topic https://www.amazon.com/Portraits-Ch...eywords=portraits+of+christ+in+the+tabernacle

Also try to relate contextually to

Hebrews 8:5
They offer worship in a sanctuary that is a sketch and shadow of the heavenly one; for Moses, when he was about to erect the tent, was warned, “See that you make everything according to the pattern that was shown you on the mountain.”

Therefore, in conclusion ..
"Let each one take heed how they build on the foundation laid by Paul. For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone who builds on the foundation which is Christ builds with gold, silver, precious stones, or with wood, hay, straw, each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. If anyone’’s work which they have built on the foundation of Christ endures, they will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned, they will suffer loss; but they themselves will be saved, yet so as through fire.”

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/christ-in-the-tabernacle.5624621/#post-36201906

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
yUP, IT IS THE SPIRITUAL THAT MOST HAVE TROUBLE WITH

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
In terms of the Synoptic Gospels, there also seem to be themes that are fairly determinative of the history depicted, given so as to be useful either for certain peoples, or for those perhaps with similar criteria of understanding... The Book of John is a little different, because it is not so much history giving the Good News of the Gospel that proclaim the presence here and now of the Kingdom of Heaven to those unaware of it, but is instead addressed to those who have been discipled within that Kingdom and gained some measure of maturity therein... So that while Spiritual Truths are embedded and saturated in the Synoptics, in John they are developed for directions to those matured in the Faith of Christ...

In the Orthodox Church John is only read just after Pascha so that the Newly Illumined just Baptized into Christ can now finally be instructed in their Illumination given in Baptism...

I like your tools of interogating Holy Writ - Establish the history, the WHAT, derive the morals therein, the SO WHAT, and then seek the Spiritual implications, the WHAT TO COME... I have found that, without this methodology, every time I read Scripture daily, I am finding more and more things in it that I had not seen in prior readings... So that I am never "ARRIVED" in my understanding - I never read it finding it to but affirm what I have already concluded from my previous readings... It is in this sense ever-new, although my friends all tell me that I am only reporting the conclusion of all the other alzheimer's patients whose perceptions are always ever-new too... :)

Arsenios

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
The more peculiar or speculative some religious theory is, it is not therefore more spiritual.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
In terms of the Synoptic Gospels, there also seem to be themes that are fairly determinative of the history depicted, given so as to be useful either for certain peoples, or for those perhaps with similar criteria of understanding... The Book of John is a little different, because it is not so much history giving the Good News of the Gospel that proclaim the presence here and now of the Kingdom of Heaven to those unaware of it, but is instead addressed to those who have been discipled within that Kingdom and gained some measure of maturity therein... So that while Spiritual Truths are embedded and saturated in the Synoptics, in John they are developed for directions to those matured in the Faith of Christ...

In the Orthodox Church John is only read just after Pascha so that the Newly Illumined just Baptized into Christ can now finally be instructed in their Illumination given in Baptism...

I like your tools of interogating Holy Writ - Establish the history, the WHAT, derive the morals therein, the SO WHAT, and then seek the Spiritual implications, the WHAT TO COME... I have found that, without this methodology, every time I read Scripture daily, I am finding more and more things in it that I had not seen in prior readings... So that I am never "ARRIVED" in my understanding - I never read it finding it to but affirm what I have already concluded from my previous readings... It is in this sense ever-new, although my friends all tell me that I am only reporting the conclusion of all the other alzheimer's patients whose perceptions are always ever-new too... :)

Arsenios
Themes of the gospel are more commentary of the upside down kingdom that places simplicity at the helm followed by theological discussions to determine, not to oneself but to others, what is condition of others salvation. More into the discussion of James. John seems still historical, moral and spiritual with the spiritual more fully opened. While the epistles can be said to be purely instructive but still in the same vein. Or perhaps just a rude awakening.
So that while Spiritual Truths are embedded and saturated in the Synoptics, in John they are developed for directions to those matured in the Faith of Christ...
The proper reading of James brings it to every day imo.

Yes, and especially with Jesus, who He was, what He said and did, what it means to the new creation.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
The more peculiar or speculative some religious theory is, it is not therefore more spiritual.

No one said it was.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Apparently I am not the only one who thinks that was the point of the OP, but go ahead and explain why it is not what you intended.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Apparently I am not the only one who thinks that was the point of the OP, but go ahead and explain why it is not what you intended.
The thread is about 3 specific ways. If you have a specific comment rather than speculative heresy then please do add to thread rather than whitewash/cloud an issue.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Everybody recognizes the first two. The only 'news' concerned your third one--which is exactly what I was referring to (and which you denied was part of the thread).

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Everybody recognizes the first two. The only 'news' concerned your third one--which is exactly what I was referring to (and which you denied was part of the thread).
There seems to be controversy as to the existence of the new creation, or to the terms existing within it. Perhaps this is what you are referring to?

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
But more specifically I find the pattern of the information presented to be from the original pattern of the first pattern contained the first wilderness tabernacle of which we are the last tabernacle. That is the basis

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
What? You deny a spiritual meaning in scripture? If so I now understand why you reject Holy Spirit ways

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What? You deny a spiritual meaning in scripture? If so I now understand why you reject Holy Spirit ways

Cassia meet psalms. Psalms meet Cassia.

If either of you ever gets a clue, please explain it to the other one.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Cassia meet psalms. Psalms meet Cassia.

If either of you ever gets a clue, please explain it to the other one.
I’ve known (of) Psalms for more than a dozen years and a few on here. And yes, George does say too little, but perhaps Discord has records. I know you just from CF. What you and Psalms are at bay about seems to be a documentary of one denomination portraying another which is a rule breaker on cf. But perhaps it’s just Masonry demanding itself to be heard. Who knows? Certainly I don’t care, but community is not made of such.
Humanism is what Hendricks was very much into at one time if I remember correctly. Now the cloud forests of where that led have reached as extreme forms.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
scripture has a physical meaning which Jesus had for the masses and then it had a spiritual meaning wghich was for His disciples, they didnt get the spirituakl either but Jesus explained it to them. Now scripture, all scripture has these meanings as well and only by the Holy Spirit will anyone ever understand the spiritual application and be able to tellyou how to rightly divide the Word. Straightforward and simple yet so many fail to grasp it

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
scripture has a physical meaning which Jesus had for the masses and then it had a spiritual meaning wghich was for His disciples, they didnt get the spirituakl either but Jesus explained it to them. Now scripture, all scripture has these meanings as well and only by the Holy Spirit will anyone ever understand the spiritual application and be able to tellyou how to rightly divide the Word. Straightforward and simple yet so many fail to grasp it
The parables were descriptive of what was for the masses and what was for disciples.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Cassia, advocates for a post-modern, make it up to mean whatever you feel it means, interpretation. "It's all in the eyes of the beholder."
There is only one beholder whose eyes matter. It's God's eyes.
What does God mean?
We study scripture and interpret scripture to determine what God means. Personal feelings are irrelevant and self-serving. Using Cassia's method, we humans act as gods in an attempt to make us the rulers who determine meaning. It is utterly selfish and prideful. It allows us to toss off sin and call it holy.
What God thinks, matters. This is why we study to show ourselves approved. We don't study to approve ourselves.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Cassia, advocates for a post-modern, make it up to mean whatever you feel it means, interpretation. "It's all in the eyes of the beholder."
There is only one beholder whose eyes matter. It's God's eyes.
What does God mean?
We study scripture and interpret scripture to determine what God means. Personal feelings are irrelevant and self-serving. Using Cassia's method, we humans act as gods in an attempt to make us the rulers who determine meaning. It is utterly selfish and prideful. It allows us to toss off sin and call it holy.
What God thinks, matters. This is why we study to show ourselves approved. We don't study to approve ourselves.
I think I remember you from the Charismatic forum from long ago but you went by a different name. I think we both were banned from this forum for awhile for different reasons but I think that may not be a topic discussable but just to say that I understand where you come from and what your ideology is. Glad to see that you no longer believe we are gods in that sense. Interpretation does not make us gods. Rather it views that which is historical historically much as we do with the mundane of our lives. But for us to grow we must also discover the morality and make dicisions as to the morality of our life. From doing so the ladder to seeing the spiritual is achievable.

My first posts on the Charismatic Forums were under the name of Citizen of the Kingdom and much was forged at that time, the Word of Faith was split from the main forum and I would hope there would be progression from there. There has been but more in a flooding of the manifest destiny as I pointed out. I think it commendable of Psalm 91 to try to contain that, being no easy job, but it was what the Charismatic Non WOF warned against. Fact finder news.

Last edited:

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
I think I remember you from the Charismatic forum from long ago but you went by a different name. I think we both were banned from this forum for awhile for different reasons but I think that may not be a topic discussable but just to say that I understand where you come from and what your ideology is. Glad to see that you no longer believe we are gods in that sense. Interpretation does not make us gods. Rather it views that which is historical historically much as we do with the mundane of our lives. But for us to grow we must also discover the morality and make dicisions as to the morality of our life. From doing so the ladder to seeing the spiritual is achievable.

My first posts on the Charismatic Forums were under the name of Citizen of the Kingdom and much was forged at that time, the Word of Faith was split from the main forum and I would hope there would be progression from there. There has been but more in a flooding of the manifest destiny as I pointed out. I think it commendable of Psalm 91 to try to contain that, being no easy job, but it was what the Charismatic Non WOF warned against. Fact finder news.
Nope. I have no idea what you are talking about. Whoever you dialogued with, it wasn't me.

Top Bottom