Short story by your truly (Holy Spirit Baptism)

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
By the laying of hands...she will be bewildered and become a stranger in a strange land, she will walk out crying as her eyes are open through a peek hole to the world seeing all the abominations... She may even sit with her feet lifted off the ground because it seem too dirty. All filthiness will be amplified in front of her, her Tv will seem to be an abomination, she will got to her closet and cry and cry asking Lord! i have been so wicked... How could you accept me? Such a terrible sinner??? The Lord will be quiet as she eventually calms down and learns to adapt to this new world. She will cry her self to sleep. She will wake up in spirit and have much energy knowing that she has given up her self to all humility for Christ and so begins her walk.
This is exactly what I felt for months until it dwindle down and learned to be in the world but not of it. Its not just a self serving trance experience, it is a life changing experience after getting hit by the Holy Ghost. This lady will be instantly transformed and her scales will fall from her eyes, she will witness a new world albeit a bit scared but while also having the strength of Truth that she can't explain, the truth is a feeling, its a spirit, not just a thought.. white will become black and black will become white! Sceptics will call her possessed by a demon even though she has literally been transformed through humiliation and by sacrificing her mind body and soul to a higher power which is in Christ and not of her self. I testify myself that such a divine intervention occured to me, I could no longer cuss, steal, withhold from charity towards others, I ended my lifestyle before and put on a completely new man.
Any who shall object to this is objecting to the Holy Spirit and rejects the verses of the bible that speak of healing and laying on hands, this act is what converted and transformed Paul on his was to Damascus when divine intervention hit him like a thief from out of nowhere.
Yes this gift still continues today by Gods intervention/miracles.
If you cannot accept its ok "doubting Thomas", but be blessed of such testimony and be comforted that it couldn't possibly been preformed by devils, she is lifted up to God and praises him day and night, Christ never exits her thoughts 247...
Believe me, I have been there and it still impacts my daily life as it did that night, its the Holy Spirit landing on a most willing subject to endure a most outer flesh spiritual humiliation in the likes you will not understand... I give you my honest word that she is transformed for the better, and has putt on the new Adam
https://youtu.be/L3lTPtaDSDQ

Last edited:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Jesus. Now, let the doubters and belitters do their thing as I know they will.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Let us cut to the chase with this concept.

None of that which you report proves that it was the Holy Ghost who caused the physical manifestations or the mental, etc. changes in the person following.

It might be so, but it also might not be; and that is where the matter will always remain.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

None of that which you report proves that it was the Holy Ghost who caused the physical manifestations or the mental, etc. changes in the person following.

It might be so, but it also might not be; and that is where the matter will always remain.
Exactly my point Albion. It's not about proving or having "evidence", it may be or it may not be.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Exactly my point Albion. It's not about proving or having "evidence", it may be or it may not be.
No it is about faith and hearing from the Holy Spirit. Didnt take long at all did it

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
No it is about faith and hearing from the Holy Spirit. Didnt take long at all did it
I'm only saying that I can not prove to Albion a skeptic that I was hit with the Holy Ghost, but i'll accept his response that its possible (may or may not be = its possible)

I was discussing this with my dad last night who noticed the transformation from that day, that's why I made this thread. We (you and I psalms) may seem like oddballs to those who have not experienced this type of humiliation so to speak, they may see it as hysteria or getting caught up in something that's not really there... regardless of their views it does not explain the great and major 180 lest it be from The Spirit, no one will convince me otherwise :)

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I'm only saying that I can not prove to Albion a skeptic that I was hit with the Holy Ghost, but i'll accept his response that its possible (may or may not be = its possible)

I was discussing this with my dad last night who noticed the transformation from that day, that's why I made this thread. We (you and I psalms) may seem like oddballs to those who have not experienced this type of humiliation so to speak, they may see it as hysteria or getting caught up in something that's not really there... regardless of their views it does not explain the great and major 180 lest it be from The Spirit, no one will convince me otherwise :)
That is because it is spiritual and of faith, Jesus had a word for those who wanted proof rather than hearing from the spirit. If any question thenm let him ask the Holy Spirit and get their answer from there, otherwise, there is nothing for them to say. My two cents and I now withdraw as I have seen the futility of this type of discussion here before

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
That is because it is spiritual and of faith, Jesus had a word for those who wanted proof rather than hearing from the spirit. If any question thenm let him ask the Holy Spirit and get their answer from there, otherwise, there is nothing for them to say. My two cents and I now withdraw as I have seen the futility of this type of discussion here before
Sorry, wrong quote, the one directly below

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married

True.
Secondly, notice how there is no biblical support. However, anyone who speaks against the testimony is branded as a hater of God the Spirit. This makes the person reporting the story out to be a god that you cannot question because that person's experience is reported as having come from the Holy Spirit.
My one question: Where is the scripture to support the experience? The OP story comes across as a bully pulpit. "This happened...and if you doubt it, you are speaking from the depths of hell." It is fruitless and foolish to argue with that kind of bully pulpit behavior. It is, unfortunately, a common tactic in the Pentacostal churches I have witnessed. A person has to walk away and let them play with snakes...

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Since we have gone straight to the heart of the matter here, let me be as clear as possible about my own thinking regarding this (which I think speaks for many other Christians as well).

You and I agree that it is not possible to prove or disprove these things. So that might be a big step in the right direction. However...

I do reject some of that which comes along with it.

1) the smug, self-righteous attitude that far too many charismatics/pentecostals exhibit which says that anyone who even so much as doubts a single reported instance of such claims is lacking the Holy Spirit himself, just doesn't understand, isn't a complete Christian, or the rest of that kind of nonsense.

2) the refusal on the part of charismatics/pentecostal Christians to admit that many people who have reported such phenomena can be wrong about it and, also, that there really are many cases of phony tongues, words of knowledge, etc. Some of this IS downright artificial, contrived. Of course, that doesn't mean that all are in that category, but to the true-believer type of Pentecostal, any doubting at all is inadmissible! And, by the way, it is entirely possible to think you--anyone--has been gifted and then be transformed as a result of that conviction, whether the phenomena were genuine or not.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Since we have gone straight to the heart of the matter here, let me be as clear as possible about my own thinking regarding this (which I think speaks for many other Christians as well).

You and I agree that it is not possible to prove or disprove these things. So that might be a big step in the right direction. However...

1) the smug, self-righteous attitude that far too many charismatics/pentecostals exhibit which says that anyone who even so much as doubts a single reported instance of such claims is lacking the Holy Spirit himself, just doesn't understand, isn't a complete Christian, or the rest of that kind of nonsense.

2) the refusal on the part of charismatics/pentecostal Christians to admit that many people who have reported such phenomena can be wrong about it and, also, that there really are many cases of phony tongues, words of knowledge, etc. Some of this IS downright artificial, contrived. Of course, that doesn't mean that all are in that category, but to the true-believer type of Pentecostal, any doubting at all is inadmissible! And, by the way, it is entirely possible to think you--anyone--has been gifted and then be transformed as a result of that conviction, whether the phenomena were genuine or not.
Well I agree with you again.
I also do not like the smug attitude nor the idea that God is holding out on others while tossing gifts out to Charismatic/Pentecostals or that unless you act crazy and make unintelligible utterances-that you are lacking the Holy Spirit.
I'm sure you are aware that these are the reasons I left that church in the first place.
I miss the people and I still watch some sermons online (they cut out all the wild stuff, just the lesson), but for me personally it did become a huge act and I wasn't going to parade around anymore and the tongues ceased after a few into it anyway.
Keep in mind I was a druggy before so a good hard slap in the face by God (if I may) is just part of my testimony and I am thankful for that because who knows I might not have been alive today.
I particularly like your attitude Albion and I understand exactly how you feel.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

I resemble that remark ;) actually resenting the remark seems more appropriate .... :kumbaya:

Last edited:

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
... any doubting at all is inadmissible! And, by the way, it is entirely possible to think you--anyone--has been gifted and then be transformed as a result of that conviction, whether the phenomena were genuine or not.
That leaves what is being left behind as evident in it’s existence ... humanism

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
"This happened...and if you doubt it, you are speaking from the depths of hell."

Teehee I don't remember saying that Menno!
I was just telling a story I created to go with that footage of the lady, a story based on my personal experience and how drastically things became clear to me since. I seriously did come home and cry, I was sad for the world because I felt withdrawn from it for example the TV and radio offending me, peoples concern for attraction or how they viewed themselves made me weep, this all lasted for weeks and again this is just a story of my awakening and what I believe was a divine intervention, I'm not trying to convince you of it.
As for your question of scriptural support.
Acts 8:18 seems to suggest that Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles hands the Holy Ghost was given... key word SAW...

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
...anyone who speaks against the testimony is branded as a hater of God the Spirit.

Well that's not what I believe, leave that to church dogmas, again a great reason why I am no longer a Pentecostal.
I do however believe in divine intervention and healing through laying on of hands, doesn't mean you have to Menno.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
True.
Secondly, notice how there is no biblical support. However, anyone who speaks against the testimony is branded as a hater of God the Spirit. This makes the person reporting the story out to be a god that you cannot question because that person's experience is reported as having come from the Holy Spirit.
My one question: Where is the scripture to support the experience? The OP story comes across as a bully pulpit. "This happened...and if you doubt it, you are speaking from the depths of hell." It is fruitless and foolish to argue with that kind of bully pulpit behavior. It is, unfortunately, a common tactic in the Pentacostal churches I have witnessed. A person has to walk away and let them play with snakes...
Or let the doubters speak against the Holy Spirit. I will withdraw from this discussion but will not brook mocking of what I believe or anyone else who also believes

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Or let the doubters speak against the Holy Spirit. I will withdraw from this discussion but will not brook mocking of what I believe or anyone else who also believes
Menno rejects scriptural support for laying on of hands, he is simply deny deny deny as if it's somehow irrelevant and pointless for us to do nowadays... :/ ... Albion at least considers the possibilities and God knows it would be ignorant for us to blindly accept and believe everything anyone claims.
I understand you though and I'm not trying to debate with Menno or anyone for that matter, we know that laying on of hands and administering the Spirit is possible today as it was back then.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
No one speaks against the Holy Spirit when they doubt behaviors are coming by influence of the Holy Spirit rather than some other influence.
Clearly you think these actions are induced by the Holy Spirit. Other Christians can say otherwise and they are not speaking against the Holy Spirit.
It seems you may pridefully think your opinion is Spirit lead while others therefore cannot be Spirit lead. I still point you to Jonathan Edwards book, "Religious Affections" as an excellent look at the work of the Holy Spirit. I would hope you would read it and take it seriously since Edwards experienced the Great Awakening first hand. It is, after all, the greatest spiritual revival ever known to North America.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Menno rejects scriptural support for laying on of hands, he is simply deny deny deny as it's pointless and useless for us to do nowadays... :/ ... Albion at least considers the possibilities and God knows it would be ignorant for us to blindly accept and believe anything anyone claims.
I understand you though and I'm not trying to debate with Menno or anyone for that matter, we know that laying on of hands and administering the Spirit is possible today as it was back then.
Not at all DHoffman. We annoint the sick with oil as James tells us. We pray with laying on of hands. There is no doubt that God heals outside of any medical assistance. I have seen it happen with my first born whom I thought might die in his first weeks of life.
What I find unnecessary is a videotape manifestation for others to view. It strikes me as purely Corinthian childishness and self-agrandizement. Let God be God. There is no biblical indication of people flopping around like fish on the shoreline in the Bible.

Top Bottom