Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
"Be angry and sin not"

So this year I have left my church, lost my job, lost my Grandma, lost my Aunt and just recently my mother was diagnosed with a rare stage four cancer.
I am not sure where my mind is taking me it seems, I feel as if this is way too much for me to comprehend so I wish to inform all that if I seem a bit bitter lately... it's probably because I am.
My mom has a rare fast growing cancer and she has to wait for her insurance to approve her second round of chemo and it is crushing me... all of this.
So I am struggling to maintain how to be angry and sin not.
"Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil. Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption"
Ephesians 4:25-30

I have been struggling lately to be satisfying to the fruit of the body and not give heave to the devil.
I know that lately I have been on edge and I apologise if I offend thee, just asking for spiritual advice and support for the specific scripture...
Thank you all and God bless

Last edited:

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
So this year I have left my church, lost my job, lost my Grandma, lost my Aunt and just recently my mother was diagnosed with a rare stage four cancer.
I am not sure where my mind is taking me it seems, I feel as if this is way too much for me to comprehend so I wish to inform all that if I seem a bit bitter lately... it's probably because I am.
My mom has a rare fast growing cancer and she has to wait for her insurance to approve her second round of chemo and it is crushing me... all of this.
"Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil. Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption"

I have been struggling lately to be satisfying to the fruit of the body and not give heave to the devil.
I know that lately I have been on edge and I apologise if I offend thee, just asking for spiritual advice and support for the specific scripture...

Please pm me with her name that I may pray for her directly...

And yours too, if you wish...

WWII came to Europe ruled by Hitler, and all manner of hell was unleashed...

The survivors understood that this life is not about this life, and became solid citizens...

I am sorry for your greivous trials, my friend...

It is often hard to see the Hand of God at work...

Arsenios

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Remember these words and, God willing, you will find peace of mind and heart some time despite these terrible events that are besetting you.

Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word.
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sometimes we get angry at what is thrown at us in life. Sometimes we get angry with God. Talk to Him about that anger or any of your fears.

Do you have someone who is a Christian in real life who can be your accountability partner? Someone you can call or text when you feel you might do something you know you'll later regret?

Anger isn't necessarily an evil emotion since God gets angry and we see how Jesus overturned the tables in the temple. It's a matter of how your react and if it's going to hurt someone else in sin.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I will be praying for you and your mom I think you have been given good advice and I have nothing to add other than be abgry but dont hold it for it will hurt you if you do. Saying that is a lot easier than letting go but ask God to help you.

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Remember 1Cor. 10:13-15 "God is faithful who will not allow us to be tested beyond that which we are able but with the testing will provide a way out so that you may endure the day of testing"

Sent from my Z557BL using Tapatalk

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I am sorry to learn of all these things, my friend. Setbacks seem to come in bunches, don't they? I know (more or less) how you are feeling now and I can only say--as advice--that when I pray to the Lord in my darkest moments, he comes through...BUT it is not instantaneous or in the way I expected. So I would counsel patience and trust along with your prayers, just as Jesus told his Apostles to trust him when they had no clear view of where he was leading them. We often talk about the importance of believing in him, but we all find it harder to trust him because that is a leap into the unknown.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Thank you all for the support, she has an appointment to talk to the doctor about another lump on her neck, and depending on what the insurance says (the doctor wants to put her on a new chemo treatment that he believes is better) -she might start chemo wed or thursday, she was due for chemo over a week ago but her platelets were too low.
I knew cancer was a battle but I never understood the process, what I learned so far with hers is that the chemo drops your platelets and they may or may not be up by the time your next treatment is due, also the insurance company throws in a wrench and stalls the process because they are in no rush to make a decision causing the doctors to argue with them... uggghhh!!
I pray that this treatment works better, I pray that her next round she has enough platelets to continue, I pray that the insurance process is speedy, I pray that she gets to see her newborn grandchild grow up and I pray that her over all spirit is high and that she never take her eyes off of Gods loving salvation.
God bless you all and thank you again for the prayers.
Her full name is Sherry Gale Hoffmann :)
Also, great advise from all of you, I must focus on light rather than darkness and trust in God as we see merely through a glass darkly... I tell my dad (who just lost his mom and his sister) that it's all in Gods hands and that whatever the outcome, we know that she is in good hands!

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
The pilgrims progress is filled with struggle along the path. Yet, God walks with us and graciously gives us faith.
Jesus said "Behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
Peace

Top Bottom