Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Would you treat the people you know online the same way if you were to meet in person? Do you think you present yourself the same way you do in real life?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Would you treat the people you know online the same way if you were to meet in person? Do you think you present yourself the same way you do in real life?

Yeah, it is pretty much the same for me

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Pretty much but yes sometimes it can get to me and I admit I say things online I might hesitate to say in person but usually it would be the same

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
I'd likely be a bit more sarcastic in person once I got to know you. Outside of my Mennonite Brethren home is a culture that uses dry, teasing and self depreciation as a means of expressing friendship. Everyone had a nickname and if you were accepted it meant you were teased. To be left alone was a sign that you didn't fit in.
I recognize this is a Minnesota thing or perhaps better, it's an indigenous peoples culture that has been adopted into a greater group. I also recognize that many people perceive it wrong.
Another cultural tendency is to recognize a wrong action or tendency and to point it out rather than stay silent. You stay silent with an outsider, not with a person you consider a friend.

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Mostly, but on here, I keep mostly to the women, where in real life, I tend to talk to (and in front of) men more than I do here.

Top Bottom