Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Then vote for a political party that will give you more and better background checks. Heck! Vote for a political party that will give you gun laws that take guns out of the hands of people who are dangerous. Even better vote for a political party that will repeal the second amendment or alter it so that there is no "right to bear arms". No one involved in writing the second amendment envisaged people with rapid fire weapons. In their time a fire arm was a front loaded black powder and led ball weapon. It took a minute per round. Making a gun even less effective than a knife as a mass killing weapon. Get rid of all those "for protection" weapons. And remove the guns in the hands of crazy people and dangerous people.
We can start by making sure that every citizen or persons coming to America have proper documents to run proper background checks as well. In the meantime it would be great to have stricter gun laws and background checks and I hope I'm not the only one who agrees... in other words the American people are working on it but it can't be soon enough.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
We can start by...

Start by not blaming foreigners for USA troubles. Vote to elect political leaders who will end the tyranny of guns. Vote to make the USA a civil society. Be civil. Abandon bad philosophies. Abandon bad theology.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Start by not blaming foreigners for USA troubles. Vote to elect political leaders who will end the tyranny of guns. Vote to make the USA a civil society. Be civil. Abandon bad philosophies. Abandon bad theology.
I don't blame foreigners! This is America we welcome all peoples of the world.
We have much crime to deal with and gangs like ms13 are not going to help the process, and yes these gangs are real as I presented my case.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
As for the rest of your statement I agree!

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have no close friends but I'm fine with that, since my lifestyle change I just don't hang out with people like I used to.

I found that I feel very much like an outsider even though I have lived in this state now for 12 years. I didn't grow up here and don't have family here. I wish I could see my family this time of year

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I don't blame foreigners! This is America we welcome all peoples of the world.

No the USA doesn't. The USA's current president wants to build a wall that would be way longer than the Berlin wall to keep out Mexicans and Latinos and Latinas. The USA doesn't welcome Latinos and Latinas or Syrians or Blacks from "Sh** hole" countries, or from Haiti.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
No the USA doesn't. The USA's current president wants to build a wall that would be way longer than the Berlin wall to keep out Mexicans and Latinos and Latinas. The USA doesn't welcome Latinos and Latinas or Syrians or Blacks from "Sh** hole" countries, or from Haiti.
I don't agree with everything that comes out of Trumps mouth but you are wrong in thinking that we are trying to prevent foreigners from gaining citizenship here in the US

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I don't agree with everything that comes out of Trumps mouth but you are wrong in thinking that we are trying to prevent foreigners from gaining citizenship here in the US

USA wants good wealthy citizens from foreign parts but not Latinos, Latinas, blacks, middle easterners who are not filthy rich like the Saudi Princes. The USA doesn't welcome poor Latinos, Latinas, blacks, middle easterners.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
USA wants good wealthy citizens from foreign parts but not Latinos, Latinas, blacks, middle easterners who are not filthy rich like the Saudi Princes. The USA doesn't welcome poor Latinos, Latinas, blacks, middle easterners.
Tell that to all those who patiently apply for citizenship

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Look North to Canada, people live is less fear there and have far fewer guns. Their crime rates are much lower too, especially gun related violent crimes. The USA has a mass shooting a week it seems, some kill none, recent shootings killed 11 Jews and later 12 non-Jews. The country has too many killings in schools and in the streets in businesses and in homes. It is not good to have these things happening, ask why it happens in the USA so much and in Canada so little by comparison.

USA people can be friendly, many are very good people, decent law abiding and generous. Some are different. A few shoot other people and having guns with which to shoot makes them scary. Maybe the loneliness stems from the culture in the USA. Individualism, right wing political capitalism, entrepreneurial people elevated to hero status - hard hitting news program anchors and the like are admired - and it is all so very lonely "at the top" people say. Maybe that's what is at work.

Have you ever been to the USA?

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Look North to Canada, people live is less fear there and have far fewer guns. Their crime rates are much lower too, especially gun related violent crimes. The USA has a mass shooting a week it seems, some kill none, recent shootings killed 11 Jews and later 12 non-Jews. The country has too many killings in schools and in the streets in businesses and in homes. It is not good to have these things happening, ask why it happens in the USA so much and in Canada so little by comparison.

Have you ever been to rural areas in the USA? You know, the places where people go away for a week and don't lock their houses. Where you can visit someone and see their BMW in the driveway, unlocked, with the keys in it (and where the BMW is still there a week later). Where the tellers at the bank don't sit behind screens of glass heavy enough that they need to talk through a microphone, which means everyone else in the bank can hear them.

Funny how according to your post a "mass shooting" can kill no people. How is it a mass shooting if it doesn't kill anyone? Are you counting someone putting 20 rounds into a target at a range as a "mass shooting" or something?

You keep harping on about fear. I feel more fear in London than I do in rural Pennsylvania. The simple reality is that under the law in London if someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night and you fight back against them with a knife the chances are you'll end up facing charges. It's happened a few times now. In Pennsylvania if someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night and you shoot them the legal presumption is that you were justified. If I ever have to do something drastic to protect myself and my family I'd really rather not be afraid that the law will side with the burglar who shouldn't have been in my house in the first place.

USA people can be friendly, many are very good people, decent law abiding and generous. Some are different. A few shoot other people and having guns with which to shoot makes them scary. Maybe the loneliness stems from the culture in the USA. Individualism, right wing political capitalism, entrepreneurial people elevated to hero status - hard hitting news program anchors and the like are admired - and it is all so very lonely "at the top" people say. Maybe that's what is at work.

Comments like this really make me wonder if you have even the slightest idea about how people are.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
This would be an interesting question from a cultural lens. Barna gives little insight if he examined this, if at all. Often, African American or Asian cultures might see differences in the results, even factoring in job/socioeconomic status. Here in Canada, working with indigenous cultures, the group/elder/family culture is quite relevant, and many find their social connections through that - again in spite of socioeconomic or other factors. So it might be interesting to look at separate from a Western mindset

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
For those who believe no explanation is necessary, for those who do not believe no explanation is possible.
Please MC, edify us on what this quote from an economist socialite means?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Please MC, edify us on what this quote from an economist socialite means?

It isn't a quote from "an economist socialite".

Did you know that your "inbox" is full and that no PMs can be sent to you until you delete stuff to make room?

By the way, the quote is from a book that is much older than you or I.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It isn't a quote from "an economist socialite".

Did you know that your "inbox" is full and that no PMs can be sent to you until you delete stuff to make room?

By the way, the quote is from a book that is much older than you or I.
I cleared it up again, sorry, forgot about the outbox lol
About your guy, yeah I'm sure you are right, I haven't read much on Stuart Chase maybe I'll check him out, which book though?

Top Bottom