Trump and his wall

Will Trump's wall be built along southern border?

• yes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • partial wall (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other (please explain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Mexicans are already citizens, of Mexico. Most do not appear to want to go to the USA. That is why 129.2 million of them live in Mexico.
It's difficult to know where exactly they live when we have no documents on them when they come over... that is unless they come over legally

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It's difficult to know where exactly they live when we have no documents on them when they come over... that is unless they come over legally

They live in Mexico according to the laws of Mexico why do you expect to know what is not your business.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
They live in Mexico according to the laws of Mexico why do you expect to know what is not your business.
So what you are saying is that when they are here in the US they actually live in Mexico?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
So what you are saying is that when they are here in the US they actually live in Mexico?

Try reading it again. You got your interpretation wrong.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Try reading it again. You got your interpretation wrong.
I said we need documents and backgrounds of every one who comes into the country. You said it's not my business and that they live in Mexico, I replied that obviously they don't live in Mexico if they are in the states, we need to know their history is my point. What if they have a criminal history and come in illegally? What if there is a warrant? How would the police know anything? I guess everyone who crosses over illegally gets a clean slate.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I said we need documents and backgrounds of every one who comes into the country.

Refugees sometimes have no documents. The ones in the "caravan" are refugees from countries south of Mexico. Mexico has no documents for them. If the refugees have no documents then asking Mexico to give you documents is just not going to work.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Refugees sometimes have no documents. The ones in the "caravan" are refugees from countries south of Mexico. Mexico has no documents for them. If the refugees have no documents then asking Mexico to give you documents is just not going to work.
If it's legit then they will be granted refuge and start a new life here in America.
They have to be fleeing persecution tho from either their race, religion, or political affiliation... gangs are not recognised and it's not any better here.

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
You know so little about the situation as to ask a question like that?

Yes, I get it. We are supposed to assume that because the Mexicans are Latins and the Salvadorans and Hondurans are also Latins, not to mention the Asians and Africans who are also following the same routes north...

that they are all the same as Mexicans--to the Mexicans. And harmless., too.

Some people would call that notion insulting. Others would just think it naïve or racist.

Don't forget the Cubans. A lot of them come in that way. When they come (Cubans) in they get housing, food stamps, social services for free, at tax payers expense. No other latino immigrant gets that.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
If it's legit then they will be granted refuge and start a new life here in America.

Oh, good. If your claim is true then why do you make false claims about the refugees?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Don't forget the Cubans. A lot of them come in that way. When they come (Cubans) in they get housing, food stamps, social services for free, at tax payers expense. No other latino immigrant gets that.

They, the Cuban refugees, get generous treatment because the USA - historically - wanted propaganda against the Castro regime. Nowadays there's a different Castro in power and the country (Cuba) is doing better. Maybe the USA will give up on the propaganda.

Resources

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
They, the Cuban refugees, get generous treatment because the USA - historically - wanted propaganda against the Castro regime. Nowadays there's a different Castro in power and the country (Cuba) is doing better. Maybe the USA will give up on the propaganda.
Why not. It is only fair. No sense on letting your tax payer dollars be given away like that.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
...and the circumstances are quite different in other ways. The Cubans were true refugees from tyranny. The current invaders are not. The Cubans were accepted in accordance with American law; the present-day caravaneers are not.

Communist sympathizers will say that the Castros have been benevolent rulers and their nation has been doing fine, but none of that is true.

Top Bottom