Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Conflict need not be a bad thing. Conflict need not lead to incivility.

Suppression can be a bad thing. Suppression does not end conflict. Suppression makes conflict hide in dark places where it can brood and become resentment.

Saints Paul and Mark had conflict. Saint Barnabas too was involved. It wasn't bad. It was not suppressed. Saint Mark wrote one of the holy gospels.

There is one who speaks rashly like the thrusts of a sword, But the tongue of the wise brings healing.

This you know, my beloved brethren But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger ... for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.

Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.

To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing. For, "THE ONE WHO DESIRES LIFE, TO LOVE AND SEE GOOD DAYS, MUST KEEP HIS TONGUE FROM EVIL AND HIS LIPS FROM SPEAKING DECEIT. HE MUST TURN AWAY FROM EVIL AND DO GOOD; HE MUST SEEK PEACE AND PURSUE IT."

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Conflict need not be a bad thing. Conflict need not lead to incivility.

Suppression can be a bad thing. Suppression does not end conflict. Suppression makes conflict hide in dark places where it can brood and become resentment.

Saints Paul and Mark had conflict. Saint Barnabas too was involved. It wasn't bad. It was not suppressed. Saint Mark wrote one of the holy gospels.

There is one who speaks rashly like the thrusts of a sword, But the tongue of the wise brings healing.

This you know, my beloved brethren But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger ... for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.

Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.

To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing. For, "THE ONE WHO DESIRES LIFE, TO LOVE AND SEE GOOD DAYS, MUST KEEP HIS TONGUE FROM EVIL AND HIS LIPS FROM SPEAKING DECEIT. HE MUST TURN AWAY FROM EVIL AND DO GOOD; HE MUST SEEK PEACE AND PURSUE IT."
Amen.
I know I stepped out of line in the Salvation thread and I deeply apologize.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Amen.
I know I stepped out of line in the Salvation thread and I deeply apologize.

Every sincere apology is a good thing, a good work, that helps to correct the sins for which the apology is offered; it is p[art of any good penance. And, of course, every apology is accepted. The sincere ones are accepted with joy and the others are accepted in hope that sincerity may come eventually.

Your apology appears to be sincere and is joyfully accepted, I an confident, by all who participated in the #salvation thread - which is, alas, locked.

Top Bottom